VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Hi-Pitched Tone On Connect

I have installed a D/120JCT-LS board. I am running an ACD application together with vgAgent. When a call is answered by channel 3 and transferred to channel 1, all is 100%.

When the identical simulation is made and the call is answered by channel 7 then a high pitched frequency is played after the call is accepted. The frequency is only heard by the agent and not by the caller.

I attach the logs for the 2 calls.

0619_CallEvents.zip

Does this only happen when call is answered by channel 3 and transferred to channel 1, or does this happen on other channel combinations as well?

Is the high pitched tone always there, or does it build up gradually?

What if just an outgoing call is made on channel 3, is the high pitched tone present there at the same time when the other prompts are played to the call recipient? Can you maybe do a recording of it by having the outgoing script use a record module ?

Are you able to just record it by using a microphone near the agent's telephone's earpiece?

Are the agent and caller near each other and on speakerphones? There is no chance of any feedback loop?

Does this only happen when call is answered by channel 3 and transferred to channel 1, or does this happen on other channel combinations as well?

Happens on other channels as well

Is the high pitched tone always there, or does it build up gradually?

Single tone - plays on answer

What if just an outgoing call is made on channel 3, is the high pitched tone present there at the same time when the other prompts are played to the call recipient? Can you maybe do a recording of it by having the outgoing script use a record module ?

3,100 Hz

Are you able to just record it by using a microphone near the agent's telephone's earpiece?

Are the agent and caller near each other and on speakerphones? There is no chance of any feedback loop?

2 digital handsets connected, no chance of feedback

How do you know its 3,100 Hz? Do you have a recording of it that you did a spectrum analysis on?

How do you know its 3,100 Hz? Do you have a recording of it that you did a spectrum analysis on?

I did as requested, but a recording device at the receiver and recorder the tone. Then used Sound Forge to read the result.

Tried to use the sample 2 lines recording but the vb script fails

Tried to use the sample 2 lines recording but the vb script fails

To automatically record the conversation between caller and agent just add this entry to the ACD queue configuration:

<callrecord_dir>C:\somedirectory</callrecord_dir>

the connected call will then automatically be recorded and a.WAV file placed in that directory.

Can you please try using this to capture the calls?

Could you please post the vgEngine trace capturing the system startup and the call?

vgEngine trace shows that there are some errors with the ConfigLine.xml file on this system.

Could you please post the ConfigLine.xml file from your system?

I have moved the Dialogic 120/JCT to a new server, with a vanilla load of Voiceguide and VgAgent. The hi-pitch tone problem has disappeared completely!

I still however would like to get the auto-recording to work - as yet I have been unsuccessfull.

OK, Thank you for letting us know this is now resolved.

BTW. Here is a comment that we have received ourselves:

It could indicate a poor ground or even a bad slot in the server. It would be prudent to change the card's slot position or possibly even swap servers. Obviously, card should be snugged down tightly to the frame. Something else I've seen is gunk on the gold fingers from simply handling the card. What works well is to go over the gold fingers lightly with a clean pencil eraser and then make sure all the little rubber fragments are brushed off. Same is true with the CT-BUS connector if it's being used.

Regarding the call recording of ACD calls - last Config.xml posted did not have the <acd> section placed in right part of Config file - so maybe that is why it wasn't read in properly.

The <acd> section should be placed hierarchically under the main <VoiceGuideConfig> section.

If you are still having problems please post the following together in one .ZIP:

1. vgEngine trace capturing system startup and the calls

2. ktTel trace

3. Config.xml and ConfigLine.xml

and we can then see what is happening on system and advise.

The ConfigLine.xml file posted previously has some data after the </ConfigLine> tag that should not be there.

Please look at your ConfigLine.xml file and delete everything after the </ConfigLine> tag.