VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

New To Acd Queues - How To Use Them

I want to start using ACD queues. I generally know how the agent works and how to use the ini file and connect to the server.

What do it do in the vgs script to route to an agent?

From http://www.voiceguide.com/release/vgAgent.pdf :

To send a call to ACD queue a “Transfer Call” type module is used. The ACD queue to send the call to is
specified using this expression:

acd:queue_name

eg:

acd:sales

In above example the call will be placed in queue named “sales”, and will be connected to agent that a can accept a call from “sales” queue as soon as appropriate agent is available.

Is there an example (code) of how to show the nicely formatted data with some results from a database too? The .pdf shows the result of an example, but no sample code.

I would probably want to do the html stream from VG as the method.

Is there a sample .vgs script available that uses ACD's? or some snipit of code that will help me get started with sending formatted data to the agent?

Thanks.

The page that is displayed to the agent is a html page.

Any $RVs present within the html template page are replaced by the values of $RVs for the call routed to that agent.

ie.any $RV created during the call (data entry by caller, data retrieved from database or web service etc) can be shown as part of the page displayed to agent.

The template is in vgAgent's \popups\ directory and named: template_Incoming.htm

You can modify this template_Incoming.htm however you like.

When a new call arrives all the $RVs associated with that call are sent to agent, and then template_Incoming.htm has any $RVs in it replaced with values of $RVs sent to agent and is then displayed.

The displayed html is also saved in vgAgent's \popups\ directory and named: popup_Now.htm

Alternatively, you can specify in VoiceGuide script which html is to be displayed in agent popup.

It can be a http(s) link, path to html file on disk (use $RV[AcdAgentPopup_DisplayLink] for this), or the html can be explicitly passed to popup using $RV[AcdAgentPopup_DisplayHtml]

More information on this is in the vgAgent documentation.

It almost seems like the dynamic $RV's are not making it through to the agent. The $RV[..] variables don't seem to be showing values.