VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

How To Determine Inbound Channels

How to determine inbound channels?

Server has 2 x E1 trunks, I want make only 45 channels as inbound and 15 as only outbound, how to configure this?

You would need to discuss with supplier of the E1 trunks as to on which channels they will send inbound calls to you.

The party sending the calls decides on which channel to send the call.

Setting which channels can be used for outbound calls can be done in Config.xml (or on a per call basis when making the outgoing call)

What happen when I not set up script for channel in config file?

Channel should be active (no declared script, allowing dialout) but not answering calls.

if you do not want the calls on a particular channel to be answered then you can just use a script that consists of a single "Hangup" module, and set this script to "run without answering the call". Incoming calls will then be disconnected without being answered.

From callers point of view they will get a disconnected signal after dialing the number. I

s this what you would like the caller to hear/experience? Guessing probabaly not...

This is why you should speak to Telco to ensure that they only send calls on the channels/E1s on which you want to receive incoming calls.