VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg Stops

I've seen an error that I have never before seen.

The system runs normally and at one point, hang up all the calls, VG service is stopped, and show on the screen, the error below attach.

Error.zip

Attacehed screenshot is just a report from the Line Status Monitor that it cannot connect to the VoiceGuide service to retrieve the status information.

Can you please .ZIP up and post the ktTel and vgEngine logs that covers this time - we can then see what happened on system.

Looks like this happened at around 9:30 ?

The chain of events is as follows:

-The IVR runs normally.

-After a some time, the IVR stops abruptly and displays the error message I send in the screenshot (happened near at 7:34 PM)

Logs.zip

screenshot.zip

Traces show that Dialogic card ends call playing and trace then ends abruptly.

But they also show that it looks like you have wired up the same telephone line to all 4 ports on the card.....

This causes the ring to be sent to all 4 ports at same time - and then they all answer and all play (drive electrical signals) at the same time on the same line...

You should fix the electrical wiring to the card first - ensuring that each telephone line goes to one port only.

Windows Event Log should show more information on why process was abruptly ended. The current wiring of telephone lines to card may be affecting what is happening.

Can you please post what information is conained in the Windows Event Log at 19:34:53

From ktTel log: RINGs detected on each port at same time:

526 190850.593 1384 3 ev TDX_CST (CST Event Received)

547 190850.609 1384 7 ev TDX_CST (CST Event Received)

568 190850.625 1384 1 ev TDX_CST (CST Event Received)

589 190850.640 1384 5 ev TDX_CST (CST Event Received)

620 190857.046 1384 3 ev TDX_CST (CST Event Received)

638 190857.062 1384 5 ev TDX_CST (CST Event Received)

656 190857.078 1384 7 ev TDX_CST (CST Event Received)

675 190857.078 1384 1 ev TDX_CST (CST Event Received)

The event viewer shows (exactly at 19:34:53):

Type: ERROR

Source: . NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting

Description:

EventType clr20r3, P1 vgivrservice.exe, P2 7.3.4871.1413, P3 5182fad7, P4 mscorlib, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 5040540e, P7 3451, P8 15a, P9 system.unauthorizedaccess, P10 NIL.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Is this a 'plain vanilla' installation of Windows XP or were some changes made esp.related to security?

Is there an anti-virus program running on this system

Is there anything else installed on this system apart from WinXP and Dialogic drivers and VoiceGuide?

Can you please post the script that was used.

Is this a 'plain vanilla' installation of Windows XP or were some changes made esp.related to security?

I don't understand what you mean 'plain vanilla'. It is a basic installation of Windows XP

Is there an anti-virus program running on this system

Yes, the Symantec Endpoint protection is active

Is there anything else installed on this system apart from WinXP and Dialogic drivers and VoiceGuide?

No

The script works fine, no problems on a particular script. The system stops at different times, there is something specific that makes it stop.

script.zip

I Forget something important. This system is running smoothly 14 months ago. This problem appeared last week when installing the latest version of VG to update

Is there a way to reproduce this problem on your system?

Can you try running without the anti-virus program. The anti-virus may be preventing VoiceGuide service from writing to some log etc files which may be causing this issue.

Unfortunately neither the traces or the Event Log entry reported is showing any information that would help to narrow down source of error, and we have not received any similar reports from any other users, so at this stage we don't have a lead on where to look for the problem.

Is there any more information provided with the Event Log entry? (some sort of a stack trace would be ideal)

How often does this issue occur? (you should be able to count the number of times by looking in Event Log)

Is the error always the same? ( NET Runtime 2.0 Error : system.unauthorizedaccess )

Has the wiring issue on this system been fixed?

I could not reproduce it on my system, and do not know what is this error, but clearly refers to the program vgivrservice.exe.

I have disabled the antivirus completely and the error reappears. The error is always the same (NET Runtime 2.0 Error : system.unauthorizedaccess), and is given in totally different reasons of time, sometimes every half hour, two hours, one hour, ten minutes, etc. (at moment has stopped about 30 times, at any hour)

I can assume that you must have to do with the volume of calls received.

The wiring is the same since the system was installed 14 months ago. Just only install the latest version of VG in 14 months of work.

Are you able to save all of the events shown in the Event Viewer to an event log and post the event log here (.ZIPed).

And also please post all of the vgEngine trace files from VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory (that cover the time of the error events in Event Viewer).

The wiring is the same since the system was installed 14 months ago.

So looks like for 14 months all 4 ports on Dialogic card answered at the same time when a call arrived... (which means that this 4 port system can only handle 1 call at a time....)

The screenshot posted at beginning of thread even shows this - it has 4 calls on system each call 16 seconds long.

The error may be related to this. This wiring problem should be fixed.

Referenced thread relates to service not starting at all as there were DLL mismatches on the system. (Reinstalling Dialogic drivers and VoiceGuide fixed that issue)

It is not similar to what is happening here.

As per post #11 :

Are you able to save all of the events shown in the Event Viewer to an event log and post the event log here (.ZIPed).

And also please post all of the vgEngine trace files from VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory (that cover the time of the error events in Event Viewer).

Could you please post the Event log and the traces (.ZIPed). We can then see if there is a pattern to when this occurs on this system.

The fact that you cannot reproduce this issue on your system and nobody else is reporting a similar problem suggests that there is something unique about this system that is related to causing this error. Most likely candidates are the antivirus software and the fact that the single line is split into all 4 ports.

If the antivirus software was fully disabled and error still appeared then the next recommended step would be to unplug 3 of the connections at the back of the card - so that the single line that is attached to the system is only plugged into a single port on the Dialogic card.

Wiring lines was always the same and the customer has no way to change this, as it always worked good.

It is true that the 4 lines answer simultaneously, but if at the same time there is another call income, one of the four who attended previously, released and takes the new call.

I take the decision to uninstall version 7.3.3 and install a previous version.

7.3.0_120226 this version compiled for me to fix another error in another client that we discussed earlier in this forum, and the problem disappeared. Now the system operates normally.

If the application has to have all lines answered at the same time, then change the amount of rings per line before answer.