VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Ivr Stop Receiving Sip Signals

Hi,

Our IVR server stops responding after several calls.

This is the machine you helped to resolve the TTS problem (Here for details): HMP driver with VG 7.3.3

our server is simply not receiving any SIP signals at this point. I spoke to our SIP provider and they said our IVR server stops registering after certain time and asked me if there is a some kind of Timer to try re-register, which I do not know. It works again if I restart VG service.

I include all the possible logs (VG logs, VG.INI, and rtfLog from HMP and Wireshark).

I think the VG.INI registration information may be incorrect, but I am not sure. (Would you look at this too?)

Thanks.

NoResponseAfterSeveralCalls.zip

When making the registration request HMP/VoiceGuide indicates the registration should be valid for 1 hour (3600 seconds).

SIP provider (running Broadvox Fusion) answers OK, but in their response SIP packet we can see that they indicate a registration timeout of 30 seconds.

In VoiceGuide's Config.xml please change:

<Expires>3600</Expires>

to:

<Expires>30</Expires>

and restart the VoiceGuide service.

Please provide traces as before if you still encounter any problems.

Could you please attach the WireShark trace as before.

We need to view the WireShark trace to see the SIP communications.

In Config.xml can you please try changing:

<RegClient>8065132076@74.205.90.131</RegClient>

<LocalAlias>8065132076@74.205.90.131</LocalAlias>

to:

<RegClient>8065132076@192.168.100.131</RegClient>

<LocalAlias>8065132076@192.168.100.131</LocalAlias>

or to:

<RegClient>sip:8065132076@192.168.100.131</RegClient>

<LocalAlias>sip:8065132076@192.168.100.131</LocalAlias>

and post traces (including WireShark)

( keep <Expires>30</Expires> )

sip_register.cp:6165 ! 0 ! SipRegAOR::handleRegistered - DataMismatch - No match for existing Contact: header (status=1, respStatus=0) 'Contact: <sip:8065132076@74.205.90.131>' in Registrar's response

To give us better view of what is happening at SIP level could you also please enable more rtflog debugging.

This requires modifying Dialogic's RtfConfigWin.xml file:

In Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 the configuration file is located in the hidden folder C:\ProgramData. In order to view this folder you must change your folder options to “Show hidden files, folders, and drives”.

Open a command prompt using either the menus or press Win+R and type CMD, then click Ok.

Pause the existing logs, by running “rtftool pause”.

Browse to C:\ProgramData\Dialogic\HMP\cfg.

Make a backup of your existing RtfConfigWin.xml.

In RtfConfigWin.xml set :

state="1"

for all entries in Module that has name "sip_stack". Including the "Debug" label.

From the command prompt reload the configuration file, by running “rtftool reload”.

From the command prompt resume the logging, by running “rtftool resume”.

In Config.xml can you please try changing:

to:

<RegClient>8065132076@192.168.100.131</RegClient>

<LocalAlias>8065132076@192.168.100.131</LocalAlias>

I think that fixed it.

I am seeing through WireShark that "REGISTER" happens every 2 minutes, and I see the following line in rtfLog, which is different from the previsou log.

sip_register.cp:6015 ! 0 ! SipRegAOR::handleRegistered - Set AutoRefresh timer to 120 for received response Contact: header <sip:8065132076@192.168.100.131>;expires=120

What I do not understand is that "192.168..." is Private IP assigned and it did not work last week when I tried to initiate connection with the SIP provider. (I still do not understand how SIP Trunk can send back SIP signals to our private IP.)

Also I do not know if it is OK to leave "<Expires>30</Expires>" instead of the default "3600" in Config.xml, but I'd rather not touch it because it seems to be working.

Please take a look at the attached logs for details.

I will continue testing for longer durations, then contact your sales Dept to purchase licenses for this server once it is proven to be stable.

Again, Thank you very much for your all awesome help!

RegisterSuccessful.zip

The WireShark traces show that when the SIP provider is responding OK to registration request it now indicates a registration timeout of 120 seconds:

and HMP re-registers before that time (at 90 seconds mark), so it looks like it accepted SIP providers timeout setting and that overrode the <Expires> setting in Config.xml.