VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Using Gprs Modem

There are locations where the nearest tel line is too far and using a gsm or gprs modem will be much more economical. Is there a way to connect external gprs modem to COM port ?

Rami

Although most mobile phones can function as modems they are not designed to function as 'Voice' modems - ie: record and play back sound wile detecting DTMF tones etc...

We have not come across any solution yet which would allow to implement IVR systems using a mobile phone attached directly to the PC.

Hi. I'm interested in the same functionality. I've been looking at the TACTITAL easygate 2n which has a telephone line conector that can be attached to a D/4PCIUF or D/4PCIU4S card. I read the TACTICAL manual and it clearly states that i can connect the telephone jack to any FOX-INTERFACE. Thus the dialogic card supports this protocol or not? If this is true, then is it possible to use the TACTICAL to receive incoming calls from GSM network and route the call to the VoiceGuide with out any problem.

Thanks

Luis Fernando

If the GPRS modem has a port into which you can connect a normal analog telephone handset then it will be OK.

Just plug the cable that would be going to the analog handset into the Dialogic card instead and you're all set.