VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

New Patch Fails To Load Both Kttel And Kttts

Hi,

I am starting a new topic as I was told: this issue originated from the follwoing:

"Sapi TTS Not Enabled"

The new patch you have provided at the end of the linked issue above is worse: it now does not even load kTTel with the message:

ERROR v0.0.0.0 (2013-04-29 13:14:46.02) Load_Layer_ktTel_DynamicPlugins GetType : Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

Please see the log for details.

Thanks.

VGLog_7.3.3_130429.zip

Ar Dialogic SR60 drivers installed on this system? Or is this a HMP based system?

Ar Dialogic SR60 drivers installed on this system?

I do not know, but I have installed "Dialogic_drivers_for_VoiceGuide_v7.2_win7_2k8_250.zip" from your site.

Or is this a HMP based system?

No, it has D/4PCI.

What did I do wrong?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the mean time I tried this patch on the server with HMP, and it successfuly loaded.

But the problem is that in "Play Sound file" module, if TTs is played together with a wave file, the TTS plays really slow. If TTS plays alone, it is fine.

I believe it is using a different bit rate when generating TTs, but I do not know why it is behaving differently in this server.

I have included the logs and the generated TTS file.

The script/module I used in the attached log has been working fine on other environemnt.

Please let me know the solution for both environments.

Thanks.

VG_7.3.3_130429_TTS_Slow.zip

I believe it is using a different bit rate when generating TTs, but I do not know why it is behaving differently in this server.

Traces show TTS engine is creating 11kHz WAV files. Looks like your other sound files are 8kHz

If same TTS engine is creating 8kHz sound files on other systems then maybe there is some TTS engine config that needs to be changed to make this engine crate 8kHz files?

The sound files used in same module need to be in same format. If you cannot change TTS file format then maybe easiest thing to do is to do TTS from separate module.

Or change the sound file that is used in same module as TTS to be in 11kHz format.

----

Regarding the other system the traces were showing that Dialogic drivers were not found on system. Did you restart after installing Dialogic?

If same TTS engine is creating 8kHz sound files on other systems then maybe there is some TTS engine config that needs to be changed to make this engine crate 8kHz files?

Are you saying VoiceGuide does not control sample rate of wav for TTS?

If so, do you know if there is any place I can specify this? We purchased "Audreay voice" from AT&T Natural voices and put this in VG.INI file, "TTSEngine= ATT DTNV1.4 Audrey16"

However, because we did not purchase "TextAloud", I believe the TTS engine is the Windows default Speech engine, just using Audreay voice.

Please advise if you know about config. (I could not find any information on the web that shows how to set this rate).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the other system the traces were showing that Dialogic drivers were not found on system. Did you restart after installing Dialogic?

This is an existing test environment that has been running OK for several years now: I did not create or install new Dialogic driver. I simply applied the new VG patch to the machine.

I restarted the server after re-installation of the VG patch, but no use. What I do not understand is that the same patch gets installed on one environment (with HMP) while it fails on an environment with an analaog dialogic board.

Hi,

Any suggestions for my comments above?

I have uninstalled AT&T Natural voices and tried to make sure it is not "Audrey's voice" that causes this problem, and I have confirmed that the WAV file is still 11KHz with Microsoft TTS engine. It is really weird that I get different sampling rate for TTS generate Wave file only for this server.

The sound files used in same module need to be in same format. If you cannot change TTS file format then maybe easiest thing to do is to do TTS from separate module.

Or change the sound file that is used in same module as TTS to be in 11kHz format.

I cannot follow either of the suggestions above because the script has been installed and running fine with other customers' machines already (with the same TTS engine).

-------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the patch error on the other server with the Dialogic analaog board (D/4PCI), I still think there is nothing wrong with the Dialogic driver: it has been working fine with VG 7.3.2, and it does not start with this new patch.

Thanks.

Please update to this version:

[old link removed]

In this version you can set in VG.INI what format you would like the SAPI TTS engine to use when generating the .WAV files.

To ask TTS Engine to generate 8khz 8-bit PCM files please add this entry to the [sAPI] section of the VG.INI file:

SpStreamFormat=8khz8

other settings you can try are:

8khz8
8khz16
11khz8
11khz16
16khz8
16khz16
alaw_8
ulaw_8

----

Regarding the D/4PCI based test system - we would recommend re-installing both Dialogic and VoiceGuide. Perform full uninstall first and do NOT save Dialogic config, perform restarts after Dialogic uninstall and install. If you still have issues after this reinstall then please start a new thread about that system.

This patch works great! Now VG produces 8KHz-16bit PCM that works with our wav files. Thanks!

Are you going to include this as a part of your official relaease for 7.3.3 in the future? I want to make sure our customers' machines get the same version of VG when I upgrade them.

---------

I will try to install this on D/4PCI based test system later and let you know how it goes (via another ticket).

Again, Thank you very much for your help.

This patch works great! Now VG produces 8KHz-16bit PCM that works with our wav files. Thanks!

Thank You for letting us know that this issue was resolved,

Are you going to include this as a part of your official relaease for 7.3.3 in the future?

Yes, it will be included. We will add notes to help file on this setting as well.