VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Ivr Hanging Up On.. Query?

Over the weekend our Voiceguide installation started to hang up on customers after they enter their account number (which does a query to Oracle.) This only hands on one of the results from the query (If their account is cancelled or bad it responds approriately, if it's a valid account it hangs up.)

No changes were made between Friday and this time and the .vgs looks to be the same from a backup I have from last week.

Running the Oracle query independently has it respond with no issues at all.

Any thoughts on what may cause this or what you would need to help with the issue?

(Our old admin who worked with the VoiceGuide software is no longer with the company. I'm not overly familiar with the software yet so please be patient with me on any log files you may need/etc.)

If the system hung up on callers at the time a query to your database was made then most likely the database query did not return any data (or could not connect etc.) and this case was unhandled in the script.

To be able to comment on this we would need to see the vgEngine (or vgm) log file and the script itself.

Please .ZIP up these and upload and we can then better advise on hangup cause.