VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg Service Not Starting

Brand new i5 PC, Windows7-64, 4 Gb RAM, Dialogic_drivers_for_VoiceGuide_v7.3_win7_2k8_269, VoiceGuide_7.3.3_130425.exe, 3 x Dialogic D41JCT-LS, VFX41JCT-LS, D41JSF or D4PCI-U card

Event Manager: Windows Application

Service cannot be started. System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

at ..OnStart(String[] args)

at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

Does the Dialogic service start?

Are any traces created in VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory?

Windows 7 installs .NET Framework 2.0/3.0/3.5 through 3.5 SP1 as part of the OS. It does NOT appear in the installed software list because it is an INTEGRAL part of the OS.

Control Panel->Programs and Features->Turn Windows features on or off. In the resulting dialog, you will find an entry "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1.

Attached are the Dialogic logs as requested

rtflog-LOCAL-20130426-15h45m47.410s_p.zip

Does the Dialogic Configuration Manager app show the card as started (as 'Green') ?

Were any files created in VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory?

All 3 cards were green - ran a Dialogic Voice Demo Application on all the 12 channels and they all were able to answer.

For the record, if you do try and install dot Net 3.5, Windows 7 flatly refuses and does nothing.

Are any files created in VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory when you try to start the VoiceGuide service?

Apologies, omitted to answer - had another look and NO sub-directories were created under Dialogic\log

In the interim, I have moved the 3 Dialogic cards to another PC with 3 PCI-e slots and the VG system is fully functional.

(I wanted to verify if the card were maybe the reason for the failure, tested with Dialogic 6 build 261 & vg 7.2.3)

In the interim, I have moved the 3 Dialogic cards to another PC with 3 PCI-e slots and the VG system is fully functional.

OK, so sounds like this issue is now resolved.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.