VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Outdialque Database With Voiceguide V5

I am trying to use a Firebird outdialque database. I have created the new database and I think I have it all correct, it's an exact copy of the mdb. I have installed the Firebird ADO.NET Data Provider 3.0.2.0. I have an insert statement that makes it dial when using the mdb database and this same statement does also insert a record into my Firebird database. "insert into CallQue(PhoneNumber,ActivateTime,DayTimeStart,DayTimeStop,DaysCallAllowed,LineSelection,Priority,AnnounceMessage,Script,OnAnswerMachine,RV,AnswerTimeout,CallRetriesLeft,DelayBetweenRetries,OnNotConnected,EscalationCalls) values (918554717662, 0,0,2359,'MoTuWeThFrSaSu',',1,',0,'none','c:\ssatest\smoketest1.vgs','c:\ssatest\smoketest1.vgs','[iDC]{%IDC%}[LocalIP]{%LocalIP%}',60,1,5,'none','none')"

Problem is no dialing with the Firebird db and I see nothing in the logs regarding the new DBConnectstring entry in the vg.ini and I have trace levels at to 10. I am trying to configure an ADO connection but I'm not sure if I have the connect string right, I'm not sure how to configure VG v5 to query the new db for sure, I'm not even sure that VG v5 supports this at all. Manual says it does and it states "Specify the connection string to the new database in VG.INI, section [VGDialer], entry DbConnectString_ADO." which I have tried. Can you please help me out with the connect string setup for this. I've spent hours on this now and must be doing something wrong. Thanks.

Changing outdial databases with VoiceGuide v5 is not supported.

Only VoiceGuide v7 supports this.

Only VoiceGuide v7 supports ADO.NET

I have it working now with v6. The help file that comes with v5 says it works. Why would it talk about this working if it doesn't? I spent many hours on this. Not cool that the v5 manual is wrong. This should be removed then so people like me don't waste a day of life and uneeded frustration..... Now only v5 supports tapi right?

You mention only ADO is supported in v7.. Can V5 connect to a different outdialque database in any other way, ODBC? I have two tapi modems that work great with v5 that I hope to be able to use for an outbound dialing speech IVR tester. The additional cost of v7 licensing and a voicecard is a bummer when I have a working solution already.. Thanks.

Couple more questions I came across.

1. Is there a variable to get the database record ID being used for the current dialed call?

2. Is there a way to keep the database record after it's dialed? Currently the record is removed after dialing begins..

3. Is there a way to schedule an outbound call forever, not just once? For example I want to enter one record once, and have this dialed daily at 1am.

1. Is there a variable to get the database record ID being used for the current dialed call?

This can be added as accessible using an $RV in VoiceGuide v7, but would not be much use as DB record is removed from VG's internal call storage database (outdialque database) as soon as outgoing call is answered. 'Outdialque database is VG's internal data store and not intended to be accessible externally by scripts etc.

2. Is there a way to keep the database record after it's dialed? Currently the record is removed after dialing begins..

There is no setting that would let DB record be kept.

3. Is there a way to schedule an outbound call forever, not just once? For example I want to enter one record once, and have this dialed daily at 1am.

Multiple call entries need to be loaded. One for each call.

Can V5 connect to a different outdialque database in any other way, ODBC

Setting up alternative database sources in not supported in v5.

Only v5 support TAPI.

It Looks like an early version from v6 help file was included in v5 help file by mistake - the page about user-specified outdialqueue sources.

(There is a link in the v5 help file page to a Support Forum thread, and in that thread it states that the 'for Dialogic' version of VoiceGuide needs to be used)