VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Phone Registration With Call Centric

Dear Support,

My configuration is version 7.2.3 with Call Centric. After a period of time, my VG system loses its registration with Callentric. I can see this through the callcentric console and when I call our DID, I am told that the subscriber isn't available.

Interestingly, I am able to make outgoing calls with no problem.

If I stop and start the VG Service, this fixes it; however, this is very impractical as I don't when or why it will lose registration again. Yesterday it went from 6 am until late night and it was only this morning that it was broken again. It seems to be occuring once within every 24 hour period.

Is there way to automatically refresh the VOIP registration so this is more reliable?

The registration is automatically renewed by VoiceGuide/HMP.

The default registration timeout is set to 10 minutes, with VoiceGuide/HMP renewing registration every 5 minutes.

To confirm what is actually happening on your system we would need to see the WireShark trace.

Can you please stat WireShark then restart VoiceGuide and keep track at what time the CallCentric indicates loss of registration.

Then post WireShark trace here (.ZIPed). Please filter the trace for just SIP messages before saving/zipping/posting.

Dear Support,

The problem didn't reoccur until some time between yesterday 7-2 after 3pm until this morning 7-3 8am.

When I noticed the problem. I tried to restart the Diaglogic System because last time I just tried to restart VG. Restarting Dialogic HMP system didn't fix the problem.

When I stopped VG 7 by right-clicking on icon in shelf, VG stopped immediately without going to a pending state. When I restarted VG, all of the ports were missing from the Line Status monitor. See attached screen shot. I have attached several log files at the time of the first restart when the lines didn't show.

This same pattern happened the first time that my phone was not registered and I had to restart VG twice to get the ports to show and then at that time, the registration worked on the second restart.

I have attached winshark of the restarting but I do not have it at the time of the failure. For some reason, VG is not recongizing that the registration has failed. After restarting VG second time, the registration started immediately.

Please note this version of VG was put together to patch some system release 299 HMP driver problems and it's possible that in system release 299, VG is not detecting that the phone isn't registered or reattempting registration.

Please let me know if I can provide anything additional so you can help me. Clearly, VG is getting into some kind of state where the first restart doesn't even work so that is probably related to why it's not trying to register phone again.

post-2145-130969503101_thumb.png

0703_0800_vgEngine.zip

0703_ktTel.zip

0703_ktTel (2).zip

0703_0755_vgEngine.zip

Winshark - Callcentric Registration.zip

Traces show that the VoiceGuide service start at 08:00:21 failed as they were getting errors from HMP drivers.

Can you post the Dialogic RTF logs? (see Dialogic subdirectories).

We would really need to get the WireShark logs which capture the time when registration stopped working. Just start the WireShark logging and filter is for sip messages only the post the trace from entire 2-3 days.

Is this a dedicated system? Or are other apps running on this system at same time?

BTW. HMP drivers re responsible for the constant re-registration.

Okay, I now have a Winshark capture when the registration failed. Attached, please find the winshark trace when the phone is showing "not registered". I have attached a screenshot showing the Callcentric dashboard.

This is on my test system as I am trying to update to HMP but do not want to go live until it is working properly. It's not running any other software except for some schedule tasks that periodically check a database and us Voiceguide to make phone calls.

I have also attached the two most recent Dialog Log files you requested.

Also, I started a second Winshark trace to show what happens when I stop VG and the restart. Again, VG needed to be restarted twice to have the phone registration work. The first time it just didn't start.

There must be someway that VG can detect the registration has failed and restart itself or pursue the registration. I have attached all the VG log files before and after the VG was restarted in case it helps you evaluate what is going on.

Please note I didn't have to restart the dialogic services using DCM. I only needed to restart VG to get the registration to work again.

I hope this helps you debug it.

SIP Capture - Callcentri Phone Not Registered.zip

rtflog-LOCAL-20110704-14h37m40.419s.zip

rtflog-LOCAL-20110707-02h33m37.736s.zip

post-2145-131012044999_thumb.png

SIP Capture -- Callcentric after restarting VG twice.zip

VG log files before and after registration failed.zip

The WireShark trace shows that HMP was registering successfully throughout the whole trace (every 40 seconds for 51 hours).

You can see yourself that HMP issues the REGISTER messages and that OK acknowledgement replies are being received.

If you are unable to dial into the system while WireShark is showing successful REGISTER/OK exchanges then you should contact the VoIP provider.

I have contact Callcentric on this topic and I have an open ticket. The issue is that the fix is to restart VG. Therefore, while the trace is showing the registration, there is something wrong with the state of VG because resetting VG fixes the registration.

It runs for several days and then stops so it's quite possible the winshark trace didn't show you when it stopped registering. That is, this would be absence from the Winshark file. I know that resolution is restarting VG so somehow VG is involved. Please provide further assistance as Callcentric is pointing back to this software.

I just noticed that my phone is not registered again. Please see another Winshark trace from this new event.

Today is July 10th so some where between Friday Morning and now, the SIP registration isn't working again. Despite what winshark trace shows, the only way to fix this situation is to stop and restart Voice guide so I feel Voiceguide is involved somehow on the event state changes produced by the HMP driver.

Help! This is a problem for production environment so can't go live...and finalize purchase with sales team.

I contacted all centric. Callcentric said the following,

"

Jul 10, 2011 10:16 AM : Customer service

Hello,

We can confirm that we are not experiencing any issues on our side with our servers; the problem is most likely network or connection related.

Have you tried changing your configuration so that your user agent registers every 60 seconds? Are there any NAT related settings in your configuration? If so please upload screen shots of your SIP and NAT related options in to this ticket so we can go over them. For instructions on how to take screen shots, please visit the following page (http://www.callcentric.com/faq/11/229). Once you've taken the screen shots upload them in to this ticket by clicking the “ADD FILE” link near the top of this page.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us at any time, Thank you. :

Please note that my phone is currently in an unregistered state and will not register unless I restart Voiceguide. I am going to leave it unregistered so you can help debug. I am not experiencing any network congestion or anything. Voiceguide gets into this state and the only way to fix is to restart so something must not be right with the service. Please advise.

I posted two other replies which have not been reviewed by moderator yet but I am trying to get this resolved because it's definitely problematic.

When the phone is reported as being in unregistered state can you still see the SIP REGISTER messages in WireShark being sent out and acknowledgments received?

Can you post trace and write in post the WireShark timestamps during time when the phone was considered as unregistered, then restart VoiceGuide and note at what WireShark timestamp at restart time. We can then see if the registration messages and responses before and after restart are any different.

Dear Support,

My phone is currently unregistered. When I start winshark with SIP capture, there no registration attempts that go out. There is no SIP activity unless an outgoing call is made. No inbound calls are possible however because the phone is not register. Callcentric has confirmed there is no problem during this time when the phone is not registered.

If I restart VG, then the registration works as normal until it stops again. At that point, there are no further registration attempts in the trace so something is happening where VG stops the registration process. My first post showed the before and after condition.

Note: During the time the phone is not registered, I can still make out-bound calls but no in-bound calls. It's hard to mark when the registration fails because it can happen at any time and there is no way to alert when it happens. The key thing is that when the registration fails (as it is now), clearly there are no further registration attempts going out. When it's working the registrations are periodic and always have the same 200 response patttern.

For this reason, I have left my phone unregistered so we can debug. Clearly, there are no registration attempts being shown in the Winshark file so the key question is shouldn't there be registration attempts? If so what controls those attempts? My understanding is that they should be automatically reoccuring at some timed interval and that's not happening... Please advise.

I notice that Winshark trace shows registration at 30 second intervals. Is it possible to change that? Callentric indicated it may be too frequent.

Again, the winshark trace stops showing registrations until VG is restarted so somehow the VG service is involved in the reason the registrations stop trying to register.

I notice that Winshark trace shows registration at 30 second intervals. Is it possible to change that?

Can you try adding an <Expires>600</Expires> entry to the <VoIP_Registration> section in Config.xml, like this:

<VoIP_Registration>

<Display>CallCentric (www.callcentric.com) </Display>

<Protocol>SIP</Protocol>

<RegServer>callcentric.com</RegServer>

<RegClient>17772509325@callcentric.com</RegClient>

<LocalAlias>17772509325@192.168.1.129</LocalAlias>

<Expires>600</Expires>

</VoIP_Registration>

When I start winshark with SIP capture, there no registration attempts that go out.

Was the WireShark trace that was posted in post #5 of this thread (http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7272&view=findpost&p=32267) covering the time when the registration expired or not? As per our answer in #6 post:

The WireShark trace shows that HMP was registering successfully throughout the whole trace (every 40 seconds for 51 hours).

We need the WireShark trace that is made over the time when registration stops working, and then also captures the VoiceGuide restart. All in the same trace.

Just start WireShark at same time as sarting VoiceGuide and then wait for registrations to stop working. Then restart VG and then after you see the register messages being sent again stop WireShark and post the WireShark trace (just the SIP messages in the trace).

When posting that WireShark trace please also post the Dialogic RTF logs.

I have added the <Expires>600</Expires> setting. I restarted my system and Winshark traces are still showing registrations every 30 seconds still so I don't believe it worked.

It appears that my Winshark Trace for July 10th (when it stopped working was never sent) so I am attaching that older trace now. I hope this may help you until I am able to submit a new Winshark trace again. Please advise.

For new Winshark trace started today, I am currently running the system and when it stops working again, I will restart VG and then send one more trace that includes the following pattern:

VG started

VG Call Centric Phone Not Register

Stop VG

Restart VG

When this is ready, I will send. I have exported the start of that trace and called it July 12th. This new trace has the config setting for <Expires>. What is the unit value for 600 suppose to be? I assuming this should mean every 60 seconds but that's not what Winshark shows. If you see, it's occuring more requently than every 60 seconds.

Again, I will send full trace when it fails and I restart. When it does fail, the Winshark trace shows that no registration attempts are going out. I have to stop and restart VG for that to continue. I will also send dialogic log files again when that occurs.

SIP Capture - Callcentri Phone Not Registered Jul 10th.zip

Wnshark started July12th.zip

My phone registration failed again. Attached, please find winshark which shows:

1. Succesful registrations until it stopped.

2. I restarted VG twice because first time the registrtion fails to reactivate, VG restarts but shows no Phone lines. This happens each time. I attached screen shot of the no lines condition.

3. After restarting second time, the Callcentric dashboard shows phone is registered and Winshark shows that it starts registering again.

I have also attached the Dialogic log files and VG log files.

Help! This keeps happen every few days.

Callcentric Phone Registration Stop- VG restarted twice.zip

post-2145-131068023575_thumb.png

rtflog-LOCAL-20110713-23h26m34.169s.zip

rtflog-LOCAL-20110712-06h25m08.640s.zip

0714_ktTel.zip

0714_1745_vgEngine.zip

0714_ktTts.zip

0714_1744_vgEngine.zip

We are still looking at this and running some tests of our own.

Can you tell us more about your setup?

What type of hardware is used? Especially what is the CPU?

Are you running win7 64-bit?

Are you using any visualization technology or anything similar on this system, or is this is a plain Win7 install?

Anything else installed on system?

Can you tell us more about your setup?

-- I have attached screen shots of my system and installed applications. Addtionally, I noticed some VG Services errors that show on the logmein event dashboard. These errors are coicident with when I needed to restart VG. It seems there is some argument that is "null" at that time of restart which may explain why I have to restart the system twice.

What type of hardware is used? Especially what is the CPU?

-- It's a Gateway running Intel I5 processor. My attached screenshot shows that CPU and Memory are fine.

Are you running win7 64-bit?

-- Yes.

Are you using any visualization technology or anything similar on this system, or is this is a plain Win7 install?

-- No virtualizatoin. This is Win7 64 Bit.

Anything else installed on system?

-- See attached list of applications. SQL server is running on this system.

I will send another winshark trace because the system failed again this morning. It will show initial restart of VG service, registration for a couple of days, and then it stops working. I restarted VG again, my phone registered, and then I stopped the trace.

post-2145-13112468285_thumb.jpg

post-2145-131124704327_thumb.jpg

post-2145-131124759361_thumb.jpg

Can you please post the ktTel trace and the Dialogic RTF traces as well?

We need these together with WireShark to see the whole picture.

It seems like the problem begins at same time as an outgoing call is made.

You can see it towards the end of both of the WireShark traces that were posted.

Not sure why. It does look like some sort of a bug in HMP. Maybe you would get better results when using a 32-bit system, or maybe updating to latest HMP service update is also worth a try.

Please post ktTel traces for whole day.

Attached, please ktel traces for july 18th to 22nd. I am on release 299 which was the latest HMP drivers at the time. Also, attached are the RTF traces from July 15, 17, 20, and 22nd (these are latest files in dialogic folder so it appears some days are skipped).

VG support had to release new update to fix problems with HMP release 299 so I suspect this could be related. If you check my prior posts, you will see the threads on how I got the outgoing working which id done through XML files.

I cannot swtich from 64 bit as I have other applications dependent on this platform and two systems that would need to be downgraded.

Please advise further since the solution always involved VG being restarted so somehow VG stops sending the SIP registrations. If VG didn't stop sending these registrations, Callcentric would continue to show phone as registered. The key consideration is why do these registrations stop?

0718_ktTel logs for 7-18 to 7-22.zip

rtflog-LOCAL-20110713-23h26m34.169s (2).zip

Looks like we will now need o see the Debug Angel logs to see if they show anything:

Please stop VoiceGuide and Dialogic services.
Then before starting the Dialogic service please start Dialogic's DebugAngel service.

Then when problem occurs please post:
- WireShark logs
- VoiceGuide ktTel logs
- Dialogic's RTF logs
- Dialogic's DebugAngel logs

More details on what is needed by Dialogic:

1.	Collect system snapshot by executing c:\Program Files\Dialogic\bin\its_sysinfo.exe

2.	Do the following changes to RTF log and collect the RTF log.
Go to C:\Program Files\Dialogic\cfg
Backup existing RtfConfigWin.xml
Replace it with attached RtfConfigWin.xml (the xml file contains logging flags to enable specific logging details) 
Run the tool by issuing rtftool reload' after the modification. (this will activate the  new xml file)
The log fileS will be available in C:\Program Files\Dialogic\log (more than 1 files)
Once the problem occurred, please send the Rtf logs to us, with the call details.

3.	Collect debug angel information

4.	When the log is collected, they also ask for the time reference on when the problem start occurring.
       (VoiceGuide ktTel log can help here please ensure to attach).

Please attach WireShark and RTF logs as well, same as previously.

RtfConfigWin.xml

I followed the instuctions and here is the initial RTF log file at the time the system was restarted. It shows additinoal debug information in the log file.

Can you please confirm this is the level of detail that you expected?

Once the system fails, I will resend all the items you mentioned including Ktel logs so you can pin point time of failure. Since I don't know exactly when it failes, I will send any log files from 7/25 at 7:36am. Correct?

rtflog-LOCAL-20110725-07h22m04.006s after restart and enabling debugging.zip

Support,

To clarify, the reason I sent a sample RTF log file that shows debuggin information is because there was no registry setting for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Dialogic\DebugAngel .

The RTF logs are showing more detailed debug info because I compare to older log files so I believe that is working correct.

There are no DebugAngel log files to be found anywhere on the system.

Please advise if I missing something because I want to get you the info you requested. I believe the changes to the RTF loggin are now including the angel debugging info in the RFT logs and I would appreciate if you confirm or provide additional instructions that reflect system 299 configuration for logging. Again, that registry key doesn't exist.

Alos, my config file has an expriation set to 600. Callcentric suggested to make the SIP registrations occur every 60 seconds since they were coming in around every 35 seconds. Is this setting correct? What is the 600 based on?

<VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Registration>

<Display>CallCentric (www.callcentric.com) </Display>

<Protocol>SIP</Protocol>

<RegServer>callcentric.com</RegServer>

<RegClient>17772509325@callcentric.com</RegClient>

<LocalAlias>17772509325@192.168.1.102</LocalAlias>

<Expires>600</Expires>

</VoIP_Registration>

</VoIP_Registrations>

Thanks. I have it running now. So my winshark trace will begin as of 7:12pm on 7-25. It will show VG restarted and initial registration unitl the registration fails again. Then, I will send all the log files zipped up.

It's funny that call centric controls the registration because they told me to change my seetings so registration occurs every 60 seconds. That's why I was asking about the VG setting.

Hre is another set of files as the registration failed again sometime between last time and 7-29-2011 at 5pm.

I stopped and started VG twice to get registration working again.

I am hopeful by have two sets of files it may help you see the pattern.

Please advise on next steps?

Another Sip Capture showing failure and then restart.zip

0729_ktTts.zip

0729_1655_vgEngine.zip

0729_ktTel.zip

DebugAngel (2).zip

rtflog-LOCAL-20110729-10h37m59.299s.zip

Still working on this.

Dialogic is seeing in the traces where the problem lies and we are looking at how to best resolve it.

Thank you for the update. Is this problem unique to me, anything I am doing with my app, or Callcentric? Or release 299? I am just wondering if it's an isolated issue related to my configuration or programming or something more universal that others would be experiencing too.

Suggestion from Dialogic right now is that CallCentric's custom SIP NOTIFY messages may be contributing to the problem.

CallCentric sends these SIP NOTIFY messages regularly to advise you of how many voicemail/fax messages you have. We do not need to receive them at this stage.

Can you make CallCentric to turn off their NOTIFY messages though some control panel setting? Or call their tech support to see if there is an option they can change that turns these SIP NOTIFY messages off?

Another option is to try testing with a different provider.

Wouldn't this be the case for all your customers using Callcentric? I have written to them. In the meantime, I don't understand how these sip notify messages are stopping the registration records from going out? If not callcentric, which Sip trunking service do you know to work well?

Callcentric has this to sa... I tend to agree that this answer from dialogic is not very good. It seems to me that there is some bug that is causing the registration updates to stop and I am hopeful you can help continue to resolve this. Callcentric has been excellent in many ways and aleading provider so I would prefer to not swtich if at all possible.

"Hello,

SIP NOTIFY messages are, as mentioned by Dialogic support, for voicemail notifications and in come cases 'can' assist with NAT, by keeping the registered port open with intermittent activity. These messages have nothing to do with not being able to register and in fact can be discarded.

*Other options for NAT assistance can be the OPTIONS method.

There would be no correlation to receiving NOTIFY messages and not being able to REGISTER unless clearly identified in log messages, in which case this would be a bug/improper implementation of the registration process which is dependent on the frequency of NOTIFY messages.

The above said we do not see anything immediately peculiar in the revision of your pcap logs. From what we see we simply stop receiving REGISTER requests. During the registration period all REGISTER requests are received within 30-40 seconds of each other on average and are processed within 1 second.

In the second trace we show ~7200 seconds since the last received message, in this case an INVITE. This appears to be a new INVITE request as the call-ID is different:

Previous REGISTER call-ID before last register = e068488-0-13c4-50022-2992b-4f2ca7b0-2992b

Last REGISTER call-ID = e1aa760-0-13c4-50022-547ad-27acafb4-547ad

It simply appears that right after your call/INVITE we stop receiving REGISTER requests for the original REGISTER chain with the e068488-0-13c4-50022-2992b-4f2ca7b0-2992b call-ID. We do not know why this occurs as the register process functioned normally until then.

If you have any other information from Dialogic we would be ore than happy to investigate."

Please use the Dialogic its_sysinfo.exe app to generate the system config summary and then take the its_sysinfo.htm file from that summary, .ZIP it up and post it here.

Dialogic have asked to see this system config summary report.

I cannot attach the zipped its-sysinfo file because it's over 183 MB. Please advise on how to send it.

Additionally, once you get this file, please let dialogic know that the rtf log files that get pulled into the its-sysinfo zip file will show attempts to config my service for voipvoip.com which I couldn't get to work. I was trying this other sip trunk provider to see if it made any difference over callcentric.com.

Since the registration attempts didn't work for voipvoip.com, I don't want them to get distracted or confused by this activity in the last 5 days or so. The focus should be on callcentric.com registrations.

Were you able to get the file? Any update from dialogic? By any chance do you have a dialogic ticket number that I can share with my dialogic contacts?

They are still looking at this. We do not know what is their internal ticket/incident number for this.

Please do the following:

1. Stop VoiceGuide Service
2. Set VoiceGuide IVR service to startup in 'Manual" mode. (Control Panel -> System and Security -> Administrative tools -> Services)
3. Uninstall your current HMP 3.0
4. Restart system
5. Download and install HMP3.0 SU307
6. Restart system
7. Download and install [old link removed] (install over the top of existing VoiceGuide install).

This should fix the issue that you have encountered.

Thanks for this update. I have applied the new dialogic HMP and voiceguide installation. I will monitor and see if the registration stays connected over the next week and report back either way so you know the status.

Unfortunately, the phone registration has failed again. Attached, please find the VG log files and Dialogic RTF log files.

It appears the angel logging was disabled after the new system release update. I started winshark after the failure and it shows that there is no SIP activity incoming or outgoing for for some reason VG has stopped sending the registration update messages again.

Can you please advise on next steps as I was hopeful this would work (been not working for two months or more now)?

VG log files after fix.zip

RTF log files for 19th and 20th.zip

The system failed twice now. I am attaching the following files:

Winshark Trace - shows up until time of failure (I didn't restart VG when it failed this time)

VG Log files

Dialogic RTF and Angel Debug Log Files

An outgoing call still worked at 10:30am EST on 8/21. You will see that at this time the SIP registration messages are not be sent out; however, outgoing calling still works because Callcentric doesn't require SIP registration for outgoing.

Please advise. I was hopeful these new software updates would resolve the problem.

DebugAngel.zip

rtflog-LOCAL-20110819-06h21m37.990s.zip

Winshark - Failure After 307 Dialogic Release and New Voiceguide Install.zip

0820_1240_vgEngine.zip

0821_ktTts.zip

0821_ktTel.zip

0821_1030_vgEngine.zip

Could you please .ZIP up and post the complete 0819_ktTel.txt and 0819_ktTel.txt trace files.

Is it possible for us to remotely log into this machine to have a first hand look at its setup?

Please forward login details to support@voiceguide.com along with the link to this support forum thread.

We have received a fix from Dialogic which looks like has resolved this issue.

Can you please do the following on your system:

1. Stop VoiceGuide and the HMP services.
2. Unzip and place this dll in the HMP's \lib\ subdirectory: [old link removed]
3. Run this VoiceGuide install: [old link removed]

We will keep monitoring for next few days on our test systems, but it looks positive so far, so thought it may be a good idea for you to test as well on your own systems.

Thank you for the update. I made these modifications and started Winshark trace to monitor.

Can you please .ZIP up and post all the Dialogic RTF logs fro Dialogic's \log\ subdirectory?

The Registrations on our test system are still going with no problems. (And all the NOTIFYs are being responded to OK etc.) So we have not seen any issues yet at this stage.

Attached, please find the dialogic/HMP/log file completely zipped. Since I restarted yesterday, it's still running; however, it usually takes a few days to fail again. Can't VG detect when the registration fails sending SIP requests and restart the service or something like that?

log.zip

Will have a look at these soon.

Our test system is still running with no problems. Have made outbound calls on it every few hours and its all fine here so far.

(registering with CallCentric number as well)

RTF shows some errors, but these are not same errors as before and at first look not sure if they can be responsible for loss of registration.

Can you post the VoiceGuide ktTel trace from the day the registration was lost?

Was the VoiceGuide service was still running when you noticed that registration was lost, or did the service stop as well?

Was the status of the phone registration showing up as unregistered on the CallCentric status page?

Did you verify with WireShark that the REGISTER packets were not being sent?

Did you try placing an outbound call?

BTW. our test system is still running fine, continuing registrations, and responding to NOTIFYs with OK, and we place an odd outbound call on system as well.

Attached, please find the kTel trace for 9-16. Also, attached 9-15 and 9-17 in case that helps.

Here are the answers to your other questions:

1. VG service was still running when registration was lost. I had to stop it and start it. Then stop it, and restart it again to get SIP notices to go out.

2. Callcentric showed that our phone was NOT registered.

3. WireShark showed that SIP packets stopped.

4. Outbound calls were working but inbound calls were not possible.

Question: If I temporarily lose network connectivity (let's say I unplug the switch that connects this workstation), will VG continue to try to register the lines with Callcentric?

David

0916_ktTel.zip

0915_ktTel.zip

0917_ktTel.zip

Dialogic response:

The current RTF logging is not sufficient to debug the problem.

Could you request the customer to provide the same as before

(I saw 1MB per RTF log file and with gc, gc_h3r sip_stack enabled for the logs in July)?

Please use the RtfConfigWin.xml file that has been previously supplied in this post: http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7272&view=findpost&p=32379

Download the RtfConfigWin.xml file and overwrite your current RtfConfigWin.xml with the downloaded version. The stop VoiceGuide and restart Dialogic service and then start VoiceGuide.

If I temporarily lose network connectivity (let's say I unplug the switch that connects this workstation), will VG continue to try to register the lines with Callcentric?

The VoiceGuide ktTel traces attached shows that HMP reported an error IPEC_REG_FAIL_internalError.

We were able to replicate the exact same log by unplugging the network cable from the test computer, and also by breaking the connection to CallCentric at router.

HMP did not restart REGISTRATIONS when the connectivity was restored.

Will advise Dialogic of this.

053222.035  5236   1 hip   lIdx_GC_PARM_DATA_Lcl=987, value_size=26
053222.036  7064   1       CtEventProcess idx=851 : evttype=2152(2152), crn=0, data=04215360(09BB2770), len=8(8) q: 0/1
053222.036  7064   1 ev    GCEV_EXTENSION hmp
053222.036  7064   1       GCEV_EXTENSION gc_util_next_parm returned lIdx_GC_PARM_DATA_Lcl=987, value_size=26
053222.036  7064   1       GCEV_EXTENSION default ...
053242.894  5236   1 hip   lIdx_GC_PARM_DATA_Lcl=989, value_size=26
053242.897  7064   1       CtEventProcess idx=852 : evttype=2152(2152), crn=0, data=04215390(09BB2770), len=8(8) q: 0/1
053242.897  7064   1 ev    GCEV_EXTENSION hmp
053242.897  7064   1       GCEV_EXTENSION gc_util_next_parm returned lIdx_GC_PARM_DATA_Lcl=989, value_size=26
053242.897  7064   1       GCEV_EXTENSION default ...
053303.662  5236   1 hip   lIdx_GC_PARM_DATA_Lcl=991, value_size=26
053303.664  7064   1       CtEventProcess idx=853 : evttype=2152(2152), crn=0, data=042153C0(09BB2770), len=8(8) q: 0/1
053303.664  7064   1 ev    GCEV_EXTENSION hmp
053303.664  7064   1       GCEV_EXTENSION gc_util_next_parm returned lIdx_GC_PARM_DATA_Lcl=991, value_size=26
053303.664  7064   1       GCEV_EXTENSION default ...
053324.799  5236   1 hip   lIdx_GC_PARM_DATA_Lcl=993, value_size=26
053324.801  7064   1       CtEventProcess idx=854 : evttype=2152(2152), crn=0, data=042153F0(09BB2770), len=8(8) q: 0/1
053324.801  7064   1 ev    GCEV_EXTENSION hmp
053324.801  7064   1       GCEV_EXTENSION gc_util_next_parm returned lIdx_GC_PARM_DATA_Lcl=993, value_size=26
053324.801  7064   1       GCEV_EXTENSION default ...
053345.924  5236   1 hip   lIdx_GC_PARM_DATA_Lcl=995, value_size=26
053345.925  7064   1       CtEventProcess idx=855 : evttype=2160(2160), crn=0, data=04215420(09BB2770), len=8(8) q: 1/1
053345.925  7064     ev    GCEV_SERVICERESP (board device)
053345.925  7064           GCEV_SERVICERESP ResultInfo: gcValue=1285(0x505|GCRV_INTERNAL|event caused internal failure) gcMsg=[Event caused internal failure] ccLibId=8 ccLibName=[GC_H3R_LIB] ccValue=[0x96||] ccMsg=[iPEC_REG_FAIL_internalError] additionalinfo=[]
053345.925  7064           ccValue!=IPERR_OK (VoIPProvider_AuthenticationSet should have been called beforehand)
053345.925  7064   1       CtEventProcess idx=856 : evttype=2152(2152), crn=0, data=04215450(09BB2770), len=8(8) q: 0/1
053345.925  7064   1 ev    GCEV_EXTENSION hmp
053345.925  7064   1       GCEV_EXTENSION gc_util_next_parm returned lIdx_GC_PARM_DATA_Lcl=995, value_size=26
053345.925  7064   1       GCEV_EXTENSION default ...
053934.831  2332   3 fn    LineCloseDialogic(iLineId=3, strDxxx=dxxxB1C1, strDti=iptB1T1, strOptions=, lOptions=0)
053934.831  3148     fn    Shutdown()
053934.831  3148     fn    Shutdown()
053934.832  2332   7 fn    LineCloseDialogic(iLineId=7, strDxxx=dxxxB1C2, strDti=iptB1T2, strOptions=, lOptions=0)
053934.832  2332  10 fn    LineCloseDialogic(iLineId=10, strDxxx=dxxxB1C3, strDti=iptB1T3, strOptions=, lOptions=0)
053934.832  2332  13 fn    LineCloseDialogic(iLineId=13, strDxxx=dxxxB1C4, strDti=iptB1T4, strOptions=, lOptions=0)
053934.832  3148           AppCleanup: stopping all channels.
053934.832  3148           asr   pmrcpglbl->framework=0x0, hAppInfoGlbl->mrcpglbl.pool=0x0
053934.932  3148           AppCleanup : stopping helper threads

Thank you. I believe this may have been the problem all along. My system is up and running still so the only time it seems to get stuck if there is a temporary network outage or I had to restart my router for some reason. I hope this is something dialogic can resolve quickly. Did they acknowledge the problem? Do you need anything else from me?

Dialogic has asked for the RTF traces wit more information in them.

Please use the RtfConfigWin.xml file that has been previously supplied in this post: http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7272&view=findpost&p=32379

Download the RtfConfigWin.xml file and overwrite your current RtfConfigWin.xml with the downloaded version. The stop VoiceGuide and restart Dialogic service and then start VoiceGuide.

Also can you please provide the its_sysinfo output zip file from your system.

I installed the config file and the did the following:

1. Stopped dialogic services.

2. Started a Winshark trace.

3. Started VG and confirmed that callcentric dashboard showed phone as registered.

4. I unplugged my network cable and wait for callcentric to indicate that phone was not registered.

5. I plug in cable and waited for phone to register. It didn't.

6. I resarted VG and saw sip registrations. Callcentric dashboard confirmed all was well.

Log files are attached. Sysinfo will be sent separately since it's too big with other attachmaents.

rtflog-LOCAL-20110917-12h25m03.594s.zip

0919_0503_vgEngine.zip

Winshark - Callcentric Network Unplug Test.zip

Please update your system to this version of VoiceGuide:

[old link removed]

This version will have HMP restart registrations and you should then see the SIP account become registered within a minute of the network connectivity being re-established.

Thank you! I just updated as of 9-21 at around noon. I will do some tests and monitoring and then report back. I started a new Winshark capture. Is there anything else you want me to do?

Running the WireShark trace is enough. If you do encounter any issues then we would need the RTF logs and ktTel traces as before.

It failed again. Last night my internet provider had an outage. Circumstances were different:

1. Last night my internet provider had an outage.

2. I tried restarting my router and cable modem and noticed my internet was still down which was confirmed when I called customer service.

3. When my internet returned, everything came back up but call centric stopped trying to regeister after winshark number 2601. At number 2594, you can see there were multiple attempts.

4. I also noticed that my router IP address changed so that could be related.

5. And, for some reason there were two VG Monitors in the Windows shelf. This could be related to the fact that I just installed the new version provided.

After restarting VG twice, you will see in winshark trace that the registrations started again and callcentic confirmed registration.

Attached, are the winshark traces, RTF logs, and VG traces.

I realize the circumstances are different but shouldn't this new fix have just started after network connectivity return. I believe you said within one minute. Is it possible, after 10 attempts, it doesn't try any more?

DebugAngel (3).zip

Sip Registrations Not Restarting.zip

0921_ktTts.zip

0921_ktTel.zip

0922_ktTts.zip

0922_ktTel.zip

0922_0801_vgEngine.zip

Did another test....

Step 1: I restarted my computer to make sure everything was all reset.

Step 2: VG started after reboot and my callcentric registration was working.

Step 3: I unplugged network cable and watch Callcentric dashboard from another computer. Phone became unregistered.

Step 4: I plugged network cable back in and waited. Winshark didn't show any new registrations.

Step 5: After several minutes, Call centric registration still shows no registration and Winshark shows no attempts.

Step 6: Restarted VG once and all was good again.

It seems that any network disconnect stops further registration attempts. You should be able to simulate that in your environment. Please advise.

Also sent a post before this that had all log files when it occurred last night due to internet failure.

Looking through the ktTel traces we can see that the latest version of VoiceGuide that we have provided did not get properly installed on your system.

The old version of ktTelDialogicHMP30vista.dll is still running on this system.

The version of ktTelDialogicHMP30vista.dll that is provided with the VoiceGudie that we have supplied (posted a few posts back in this thread) has a size of 913,920 bytes.

Please stop the VoiceGudie service, delete the ktTelDialogicHMP30vista.dll file from VoiceGuide directory and then install the new version of Voiceguide that we have supplied (into the same directory).

Then do the connectivity break testing as before.

Did not recommend to uninstall VoiceGuide beforehand as this would have deleted the Config.xml etc. files.

Its best to install new version over the top of existing version, but its a good idea to ensure that the VoiceGuide service is fully stopped before new installation to ensure that new DLLs can be copied onto the system and replace the old ones.

Sounds like you have tested recovery from connectivity failure and found that it recovers fine from it now, so looks like the issues are now resolved(?).

If you still encounter issues with SIP Registration then please post here. If you have any other questions please start a new topic.

Good news! I have been running since Friday which is longest this has ever worked. I will keep monitoring and report back one last time.

I am hopeful you can clarify where to find the final solution because I have added so many files and fixes at this point; which installers will match this fixed solution and where do I get them?

I have to apply these fixes to my production system and I want to be clear on what steps I will take to do that. The production system is currently running Dialogic Analog Ports and VG sales has a license ready for me because I bought it advance subject to return of the board and I also board 4 HMP licenses. Since I am going from analog to VOIP, do I just install over the existing VG installation to apply fixes or what? Can I have the analog ports coexist while I install these VOIP fixes and then remove from config file after the VOIP is working?

Since I am going from analog to VOIP, do I just install over the existing VG installation to apply fixes or what?

You need to stop the VoiceGuide and Dialogic services and uninstall the Dialogic drivers. Then install the Dialogic HMP.

Can I have the analog ports coexist while I install these VOIP fixes and then remove from config file after the VOIP is working?

No. It is not possible to have SR6.0 and HMP drivers installed at the same time.

Right now to replicate the setup you need to install:

- HMP3.0 SU307
- The Dialogic DLL that we provided by email needs to be placed in Dialogic's \HMP\lib\ directory
- Install this: VoiceGuide v7 [old link removed]

Soon the fixes above will be in both the Dialogic drivers an in the main VoiceGuide download.

Can you please resend the dialogic.dll you sent by email because I download directly to folder and don't have that email? The other two items are available through download so this will make it possible to install on production when I am ready.

Thanks again to all of support for working through this and getting it resolved!

My system hung up again. When I started Winshark trace, it showed that there were reoccuring attempts to register but that Proxy Authentication 407 was required. I restarted VG service twice and it registered again.

Any idea why restarting would change the registration and allow it to succeed? And, why would it suddenly need proxy authentication and start failing on the registration process?

We can see in previous WireShark traces that every 10-20 minutes or so CallCentric changes the expected 'nonce' value, resulting in 407 returned when the REGISTER request is issued with old nonce. HMP then issues the REGISTER with the new nonce and CallCentric the replied OK and the new nonce is used for some time.

Can you .ZIP up and post the WireShark traces that you captured, along with the Dialogic RTF traces that capture the time when the 407s started getting issued?

The problem hasn't occurred and I have been running solid since Saturday.

Now, I am trying to update my other system but the link for VG install above isn't working any longer. The VG site version is not the same as this version so how do I get this file?

Please use this download link:

[old link removed]

The changes have now been included in main 7.2.4 release.