VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

D/300 Jct Added But No Lines Available

Hi

I have just installed a d/300-JCT board with a D/41-JCT (this one has licence on)

I have connected them between themselves. The DCM has detected the 2 boards.

But when I start VG, I can see any lines available.

Please help.

find thF log files in attachement.

MH

log.zip

Hi additionaly to my prious post, I have done remove the D/41JCT board and let only the D/300JCT on the server to see if any imporvement. Then I start VG. Afeter a few seconds of VG status = running, VG is shut down again. No way to keep it alive.

Please find below the differents files includinf Config.xml

Thank you for your help. I'm a completely blocked beacuse I have moved my system to the IDSN board to have mode capacity but nothing works unfortunalty now.

Regards

Mh

log.zip

Hi,

Actually I'm not familiar with E1 and installing such board. I really need your help

The E1 link has been installed today and the company has tested it. It is a Oneaccess gateway that brings a CTR4 link that I just plugged in the VG server.

Could you please help telling me step by step how setup this.

I have attached a foto with the baors lights.

Is there something to do with the configuration on the DCM (i.e something that I could have not installed)

Thank you

When both cards are placed in system are then linked by a CT-Bus cable? CT-Bus cable is the cable that links the Dialogic cards together across the connectors on top of the cards' spines. You have to use the CT bus cable when you have multiples CT-Bus capable cards in system.

ktTel traces shows that the Dialogic cards were detected fine both times:

203601.593 4120 3 boards present: voice:9 dti:1 ipt:0

and:

222049.406 5852 3 boards present: voice:8 dti:1 ipt:0

Its just that the Config.xml was not setup properly to open the channels on the right cards.

When you have a mix of Analog and Digital cards in system the Config.xml gets a bit more involved. We first need to see which dxxxB?C? IDs were assigned by Dialogic drivers to each card, and then we specify these dxxxB?C? identifiers in appropriate line definitions on the Config.xml.

Place both card in system (link them with CT Bus cable) and the post the ktTel trace and your Config.xml.

We can then modify the Config.xml to correctly open the devices on the cards.

I have attached a foto with the baors lights.

The photo of the board's lights was not attached. Please post is again.

Here is the foto, but I tought I have started another post ..

I have now only the D/300JCT on the server to make make things simple.

Do you need me to do anything to test something ?

tkx

Mh

post-375-126575511259_thumb.jpg

The back of the card looks a bit strange. Is it a D/300JCT PCI card? It has a few more LEDs then a D/300JCT.

Photo shows the big green LED on the left as ON, but it is hard to make out if any of the three LEDs on right are ON...

How to the LEDs change when you pull out and insert the E1 cable?

What results do you get when testing the E1 card with ISDIAG? (Please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/configisdnsetup.htm )

Do you have a CT-Bus cable?

(We moved your posts into one thread. Please keep related posts in same thread)

I have restarted and now they are clearly 2 leds ON:

- The green on the left is ON

- The red on the right(the last one) is ON.

Do you think this coude have something to do with dialogic drivers, i'm not sure I have installed the IDSN pack. How can I check that ?

tkx

PS: I dont have any CTBus because I have only one board now D/300JCT-E1-120

When using isdiag I get this :

C:\Program Files\Dialogic\bin>isdiag 1 1 e s v

Opening dti devices...

Error opening device dtiB1

INITIALIZATION ERROR

Closing all devices ,quitting.

Which version of Dialogic drivers is installed on this system? (See Help->About in the Dialogic DCM)

Do the LEDs on the left change at all when you disconnect and reconnect the E1 cable?

What is the 8 character Serial Number of the D/300JCT card?

Can you take a close up high resolution photo of the card itself and of the back of the card (the part that is visible outside computer) and post the photos here please (.ZIPed).

"Which version of Dialogic drivers is installed on this system? (See Help->About in the Dialogic DCM)"

>> 6.0

"Do the LEDs on the left change at all when you disconnect and reconnect the E1 cable?"

>> Actually there is not effect on the leds when plugin and unpluging the cable.

>> When starting DCM the red red lignt (on the right) is ON when stopping serive the red lignt is OFF

I'do doing a better foto, but in the meantime,the DCM show D/300JCT-E1

Do you want me to do a loopback test? how can I do that and how do I have to connect the board (never done this yet)

Thank you

Mh

"Which version of Dialogic drivers is installed on this system? (See Help->About in the Dialogic DCM)"

>> 6.0

Which Service Update (SU) version?

>> Actually there is not effect on the leds when plugin and unpluging the cable.

This suggests that either there is no signal on the E1 cable, or the card is faulty.

Do you want me to do a loopback test? how can I do that and how do I have to connect the board (never done this yet)

You would need to connect the Tx wire pair back to the Rx wire pair. This should give you green LED on the card.

Use an RJ45 plug and have the Tx and Rx wire pairs looping back to each other.

Please post more photos of this card. This card does not look like a current model D/300JCT.

In the meantime I have asked the board resselers about it, here is his anwser:

"This board is the D/300JCT-E1-120. This board has a PCI connection which is why is only has one notch. There is another board with part number D/300JCT-E1-R2U-120. This part number has two notches which makes it a PCI-X connection. "

Hope this will help

Mh

For information, test made using dialogic utilities.

Sems that the test is OK. I did not perform the loopback test as I think I should use a connector..

Product: D/300JCT-E1, name: ID=0 (baseboard) #FX000394, Id: 00H

Board Sanity Check.............

Passed.

Shared RAM Test

Passed.

Local RAM Test..........

Passed.

DSP Test

Passed.

Board Timer Test

Passed.

On Board Interrupt Test

Passed.

CT812 Test

Passed.

EEPROM Test

Passed.

Product: D/300JCT-E1, name: ID=20 (daughterboard) #FX000394, Id: 20H

Board Sanity Check.............

Passed.

Shared RAM Test

Passed.

Local RAM Test..........

Passed.

DSP Test

Passed.

Board Timer Test

Passed.

On Board Interrupt Test

Passed.

CT812 Test

Passed.

EEPROM Test

Passed.

Testing completed.

***** No errors found *****

If the red LED does not change color when the E1 line is plugged into the card that means that the Dialogic card is not detecting the E1 carrier signal.

This can be either because:

1. The line is not carrying the E1 sgnal,

or

2. The cards E1 connection is faulty.

or

3. The cable's RJ45 connector is not wired up properly - ie. the Tx/Rx wire pairs are going to wrong pins on the RJ45 connector.

You should really contact the card supplier as it is the card supplier to get this matter resolved and get the card the card working to the stage where it can be tested using ISDIAG.

I have used a crossed rj45 cable and now when I plug the cable, green LED starts flicking, the red is still always ON.

I have started the VG service and place a call, the system hang's up after 5,6 seconds of riging.

Could you please have a look on log file maybe this can help ..

thank you

Mh

log.zip

The LED should be steady ON, not flickering.

If flickering then you do not have a stable E1 connection.

Still, the traces show the card was initialized OK, so looks like card may be OK.

You would not be able to call yourself on a looped back T1/E1 line - you are trying to use same channels for the incoming call as is already used to place the outgoing call.

You should speak to the Telco and tell them that you do not get any carrier detected signaling on the card when you plug in their T1. They should come out and test the T1 and make sure it has T1 ISDN carrier signal enabled on it.

That seems right, but you really should contact the card supplier or consult the wiring diagram that should have come with your card to verify which pins on the RJ45 are Tx and Rx pairs.

Hi I'm improving,

Now I have the green lignt on the board, after wiring correctly the board to the E1 link.

The point now is when I start the VG service, after a few seconds, the services is shut down.

Please find in attachament the log files as well as confi.xml file.

Regards

Mh

Please update system to latest version of Dialogic drivers and the latest version of VoiceGuide.

You can download both from our WWW Downloads page.

When updating Dialogic drivers uninstall previous drivers first (do not backup any config etc) then restart system and then install new Dialogic drivers and then restart system again and then install VG.

By the way I have tried to install the older version VoiceGuide_7.0.9_090427.exe and VG runs in this case.

Please download and install this version:

[old link removed]

And post traces from that version if you still encounter issues.

VG has started without being shut down, i'm performing further tests.

On my server I have combined 2 boards:

- D/41JCT (on which my 16 lines licence is issued)

- D/300JCT

Could you please provide me with the appropriate config.xml file so that I could use the 4 first lines on the D/41JCT and the 12 other lines on the D/300JCT

Thank you

ps: is it normal that the old "Config" directory is now called "conf ?

log.zip

Please see attached file (unzip it first).

This file should work then the 4 port analog card is the '1st' card and the ISDN card is the '2nd' card, ad it appears is on your system.

The dxxxB?C?/dtiB?T? devices get incrementally named from 1st card onwards. Have a look at the device naming in the attached file.

Config.zip

Hello,

I have updated the config.xml file but I see only 4 lines in the line status pannel.

Please find log files attached.

Tkx

Mh

log.zip

From vgEngine trace:

112326.203 4112 ERROR gc_OpenEx :N_dtiB1T1:P_ISDN returned linedev<=0. Check DCM to confirm ISDN protocol has been selected on this trunk.

Have you selected the ISDN protocol for this E1 trunk?

Have you tested the E1 line using ISDIAG to ensure the E1 connection is actually working?

Now I see the lines, indeed I did not select the correct protocol CTR4.

The point now is that all idsn lines have the "blocked" status in the line status window. Please find logs in attachements

BTW the E1 link is ok because I have tested it through a PBX i can make calls.

tkx

Mh

log.zip

Trace shows that the E1 channels are not put into service.

You will need to ask the Telco why their switch is not putting the channels into service.

At 22:07:18 trace shows these channels being momentarily 'unblocked' and then 'blocked' immediately afterwards. Not sure if this is caused by Telco switch messaging, or by Dialogic drivers. Either way, the channels have never been put into service.

Who is the Telco supplying this E1 and what is the protocol that they have configured on it?

Have you tested the E1 line using ISDIAG? ISDIAG should be the next thing you should use before trying to start running VoiceGuide.

You may need to just place the D/300JCT card in system by itself to test with ISDIAG. It may be to difficult to get the right voice devices opened for ISDIAG with both cards in the system.

What kind of test do you want me to perform, do you need the trace file?

I have started this isdiag 1 1 e s r I

Tkx

I have checked on the pbx board that runs properly the E1 and the protocol selected is the EDSS1. I do not see in the DCM that choise.

Any idea?

Mh

What kind of test do you want me to perform

Let ISDIAG receive a incoming call, and also make an outgoing call.

do you need the trace file?

Yes. That would be useful.

I have checked on the pbx board that runs properly the E1 and the protocol selected is the EDSS1

Can you ask Telco what is the protocol they configured on this trunk.

Please consider only issue on incoming calls. I have resolved the issue on outgoing calls.

thank you.

Mh

please forget my 2 last posts, i have resolved the issues. I still can't run the E1 with the D/300JCT. I'll do furthers test in a separate server and add a new topic in a few days.

tkx

Mh