VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Callerid Name

Hi, I know it's possible to change the caller ID NUMBER by specifying Callerid in the Call Options XML. Is it also possible to change the NAME associated with the number?

Thank you

May be possible on T1/E1 ISDN lines or if using VoIP.

You would also need to confirm with your service provider (Telco) to see what they allow on the lines that you are using.

Does your Telco allow you to set CallerID Name on those lines? You will need to contact the Telco and ask them this.

Also, what ISDN protocols is used on these lines?

When you place calls into the VoiceGuide system does the Telco send the Name as well? Can you see the CallerID Name in VoiceGuides call logs?

If yes then we would need to get an ISDN trace which captures the ISDN packet that is sent from the Telco on this line. It will show what facility information elements the Telco uses on this T1 line to send though the Name, and if we then use the same approach to send the Name data back to the Telco then they should then be able to receive it and forward it on along with the call.

Information on how to capture the ISDN trace is here: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...igisdnsetup.htm

This is what I get when I attempt to run isdntrace. I have also attached all VG logs

C:\Program Files\Dialogic\bin>isdntrace -b0 -d1 -f c:\myisdnlog

filename: itrace.logfilename = c:\myisdnlogstringlen = 12

Dialogic DM3 ISDN Trace Utility

Copyright © 1999 Dialogic Corporation

Version 1.00-Alpha-0.04

general Exception caught in v:\ccm_wa\kernel\qtech~2.10_delivery\qtech\component

s\qool_tools\isdntrace\isdntrace.cxx(757)

log.zip

VoiceGuide traces show that the Name was not supplied on any of the 3 calls in the trace. You would need to make calls which result in Name being sent by the Telco to let us see how the Telco sends the name on this line.

What card is used on this system? The ISDNTRACE utility is for the DMV series cards. If JCT series cards are used on this system then the ISDIAG utility should be used.

The system uses a D480JCT1T1 card. I am able to get ISDIAG working but am still at a loss as to how to capture the name. I've tried most of the options and still do not see it either in ISDIAG or in VoiceGuide logs when I answer using VoiceGuide. Any more hints?

The Telco is not sending the Name. Have you spoken to the Telco and asked them why are they not sending the Name details on calls on this line?

It does get sent on an outbound call - I just cannot determine if it's being sent on an inbound call. However, Outbound call is what I need. Is there a call option available through VoiceGuide similar to the <CallerID> tag that I can use to try and change it for an outbound call?

It does get sent on an outbound call

How do you know it is sent?

If you have the ISDN level traces capturing it being sent please .ZIP them up and post them here.

We need to see the ISDN level traces capturing the Name being sent on these lines to see how the Name is sent on these lines and then we can advise which options you can use in VoiceGuide to send the Name on calls made by VoiceGuide.

Well I don't see it in the trace logs (attached), however, it does say "Kaiser Permanente" on the caller ID so it must be coming from somewhere.

temp2.log

It must be a Telco attaching the name to the calls details when they forward the call. Its not VoiceGuide that is setting the "Kaiser Permanente" name on the outgoing call.

If one of the Telcos is setting the Name then this usually means that they would be overwriting any name that you send out anyway.

Try making the outbound call that dials back into the IVR. If it is your telco setting the Name then maybe the call going back into the IVR will have the Name set in the call details. We can then see in ISDIAG trace how they forward Name details on this T1 and try sending out the Name details in similar way.

OK, I ran a few more calls from the IVR and calling into the IVR but looking at the logs I still do not see the name (attached). Here's something interesting though:

When I make a call from the IVR the caller ID says "Kaiser Permanente". When I make a call from the IVR and add the caller option <CallerID>7208577902</CallerID> it then says "Out of Area" and the NUMBER that I specified does change. This makes me think that somehow VoiceGuide has the ability to change the CallerID name - but perhaps when a number is specified without a name it says "Out of Area". Please let me know how to proceed.

Thank you

Test2.log

To know how to proceed we need the ISDN trace as described before.

Suggest you speak to Telco that supplies your T1 to establish why are they not sending the Name, and ask them to start sending it on that line, or ask them how calls can be placed which result in them sending the Name data/signals at call setup time. Also you will need to confirm with Telco that their switch is configured to accept the Name data in the same way in which it is sending it.

We can then try sending the name in the same way and see if Telco accepts it and passes it on.

Note that as we mentioned before: if Telco is setting Name on the calls themselves then you will need to speak to them to ensure that they will pass on your name setting instead of setting it themselves.

Spoke to Qwest this morning. They told me that I should be able to change the caller ID Name. They told me they use "cname" to change it. Does that help?

Not sure what they are referring to by 'cname'. This could be something that refers to a configuration setting on their own Switches.

Have you asked them why they are not sending name information on calls which they send on that T1 to your system?

Tell them that you want to place a call into your system and that you want to have the name information arrive at your system.

Once that is happening please do an ISDN trace capture and post it here.

Spoke to Qwest again this morning about this issue. There seems to be a workaround for this and that is if voiceguide can specify the type of number as national instead of unknown qwest will do a lookup on the number in transition and pass that info on to the recipient. Is there a way to do this?

All the entries in the selected msgSetup option should be included. So the <msgSetup> section should look like this:

<isdn>

<msgSetup>

<defsrc>CC</defsrc>

<defcc>

<cc_bc_xfer_cap>BEAR_CAP_SPEECH</cc_bc_xfer_cap>

<cc_bc_xfer_mode>ISDN_ITM_CIRCUIT</cc_bc_xfer_mode>

<cc_bc_xfer_rate>BEAR_RATE_64KBPS</cc_bc_xfer_rate>

<cc_usrinfo_layer1_protocol>ISDN_UIL1_G711ULAW</cc_usrinfo_layer1_protocol>

<cc_usr_rate>ISDN_NOTUSED</cc_usr_rate>

<cc_destination_number_type>NAT_NUMBER</cc_destination_number_type>

<cc_destination_number_plan>UNKNOWN_NUMB_PLAN</cc_destination_number_plan>

<cc_destination_sub_number_type>OSI_SUB_ADDR</cc_destination_sub_number_type>

<cc_origination_number_type>NAT_NUMBER</cc_origination_number_type>

<cc_origination_number_plan>UNKNOWN_NUMB_PLAN</cc_origination_number_plan>

<cc_origination_phone_number></cc_origination_phone_number>

<cc_origination_sub_number_type>OSI_SUB_ADDR</cc_origination_sub_number_type>

<cc_origination_sub_phone_number></cc_origination_sub_phone_number>

<cc_facility_feature_service>ISDN_NOTUSED</cc_facility_feature_service>

<cc_facility_coding_value>ISDN_NOTUSED</cc_facility_coding_value>

</defcc>

</msgSetup>

</isdn>

note that <defsrc> is set to CC as well.

This was a hidden gem. It will make my clients happy - now their name can appear with caller id