VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg7 With Hmp

I'm setting up vg to work with sip and vg does not answer the call. HMP is running, vg line status monitor is showing "waiting for call..." on 4 lines, I enterd the sip information in the config file, but when I call in, I reach the voice mail, as if no sip client was registerd.

Copy_of_Config.zip

We'd need to see the WireShark (www.wireshark.org) trace capturing the VoiceGuide startup and VoIP registration to see what happened.

Also, if vo.packet8.net uses Asterisk for their servers then in your Config.xml instead of:

<Domain>vo.packet8.net</Domain>

try using:

<Domain>asterisk</Domain>

WireShark shows that the Config.xml should have:

Was the trace done when config.xml had <Domain>vo.packet8.net</Domain> or with <Domain>asterisk</Domain> ?

WireShark trace shows that the packet8 responds to the registration request with a "407 - Proxy Authentication required" response rather then the usual "401 - Authentication required" - perhaps that is why the HMP is not performing the registration.

Please post WireShark trace capturing what happens when Config.xml uses:

Could you please try using the following in the Config.xml

<VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Registration>

<Display>Line 1</Display>

<Protocol>sip</Protocol>

<RegServer>vo.packet8.net</RegServer>

<RegClient>0453101411</RegClient>

<LocalAlias>0453101411@vo.packet8.net</LocalAlias>

</VoIP_Registration>

</VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Authentications>

<VoIP_Authentication>

<Display>Line1</Display>

<Username></Username>

<AuthUsername>0453101411</AuthUsername>

<AuthPassword>xxxxxxxxxx</AuthPassword>

</VoIP_Authentication>

</VoIP_Authentications>

Please post the vgEngine trace catpuring the system startup as well as the WireShark.

The WireShark trace attached did not show any SIP messages at all. not sure why this would be the case, as nothing was changed to the VoIP_Registration section of Config.xml so the registration message should have been issued.

Please try stopping the VoiceGuide service and then restarting HMP service and then starting VoiceGuide again. Start the WireShark before starting VoiceGuide. Type: sip in the WireShark filter window to limit the messages displayed to the SIP ones only.

No SIP packets in this capture either.

To apply the filter just type:

sip

in the "Filter:" text box in WireShark. WireShark will then only display SIP packets.

You may want to try to get back to the stage where the SIP packets are being sent. Try your original Config.xml if you'd like but as no changes were made to the VoIP_Registration section then I'm not sure that is what’s causing the problem.

Maybe the ktTel trace will show us more. Please .ZIP up and post the ktTel trace.

We see that HMP is now responding to the 407 message from packet8, but for some reason packet8 does not accept the authentication response and returns an error instead.

You need to contact packet8 and ask them why are they returning error to a valid authentication response.

The attached trace shows just the SIP packets. You can forward this trace to packet8 with your query.

packet8reg.zip

Some things to look at and ask packet8 support about would be whether you should be using packet8.net instead of vo.packet8.net and whether the phone number you use should have a 1 in front of it or not.

Did packet8 provide you with any information on how to setup generic SIP devices to use the service that you purchased from them?

I called packet8, and all the information I had was currect. I also successfully registrerd xlite with the same information. I'm still getting the same 407 message.

packet8reg.zip

Could you please post a WireShark trace capturing xlite registering with Packet8 with your login details? (a trace using SJPhone would be good as well if you have SJPhone).

(The SipClientTrace.zip provided before was from a "Packet8 Virtual Office Softtalk" app)

Can you send the SIP account password to support@voiceguide.com, along with a link to this thread in the email so that we can run a registration test?

We were able to register with this config.xml

<VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Registration>

<Display>User_Joewe</Display>

<Protocol>SIP</Protocol>

<RegServer>vo.packet8.net</RegServer>

<RegClient>0453101411@vo.packet8.net</RegClient>

<LocalAlias>MyName</LocalAlias>

</VoIP_Registration>

</VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Authentications>

<VoIP_Authentication>

<Display>User_Joewe</Display>

<Username></Username>

<AuthUsername>0453101411</AuthUsername>

<AuthPassword>YourPassword</AuthPassword>

</VoIP_Authentication>

</VoIP_Authentications>

WireShark trace showing our successful registrations attached (the "Packet8 registration.zip" uses above Config.xml, the other capture uses a slightly different Config.xm - just LocalAlias is changed)

The IP address of the SIP server is resolved to 8.5.248.85 in the successfuel registrations, instead of 8.5.248.83, maybe thats the case?

Packet8_reg_from_test_machine.zip

Packet8_registration.zip

Now VG answers the call, but nothing happens afterwards. Status monitor shows that the call is connected, but nothing is playing and it doesn't respond to any touch-tones.

Can you please post the VoiceGuide traces and the WireShark trace capturing the incoming call.

(please .ZIP up the files when posting attachments).

It looks like now Packet8 is asking HMP to use the G.729 codec, but HMP is not agreeing to use the G.729 codec.

Were you using G.711 before or G.729? Do you have any WireShark traces of the successful calls?

Is the HMP licensed? If licensed then does the license include G.729 codec The basic RTP license required for operation does not include G.729, you need the 'Enhanced RTP' license for G.729