VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

"you Are Not Licensed To Use This Functionality"

1. I had VG 4.9 (eval) installed on my system.

2. I then tried 5.0 (eval) by doing an uninstall of 4.9 & a clean install of 5.0.

3. I had problems with 5.0 & VB, so I decided to go back to 4.9. Again I did an uninstall, then a clean install of 5.0

4. Attempted to run 4.9 & got the message "You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality".

5. Tried various combinations of reinstall/repair, uninstall/reinstall, etc.

6. After uninstalling, tried removing any registry entry mentioning VoiceGuide.

I really don't want to reinstall Windows 2000 & SP4 & Dialogic 5.1.1 & SP1 & VG 4.9...

Help!

Have seen this happen once before when TAPIWARP.OCX was not uninstalled from c:\Windows\System32 directory.

Please try:

1. Uninstall VoiceGuide from system

2. delete TAPIWARP.* from C:\Windows\System32

3. Install VoiceGuide

4. Reboot

had problems with 5.0 & VB,

What problems did you experience?

Too late. I couldn't afford to wait 48 hours for the 5 minute solution so I had to spend an entire day reinstalling Windows 2000 & SP4 & Dialogic 5.1.1 & SP1 & VG 4.9...

had problems with 5.0 & VB,

What problems did you experience?

See the topic Can't Create Object "msxml2.domdocument"

Which version of VoiceGuide are you using?

If TAPIWRAP.OCX is not in your Windows' SYSTEM32 (or SYSTEM) directory then you'll need to re-install VoiceGuide. This file is essential to running VoiceGuide.

Ok post had TAPIWARP. I did find tapiwrap and deleted it. uninstalled, reboot, re-installed, re-booted. same problem... ver 4.9

I should say that everything else works. Script designer etc. just not main voiceguide.

main VoiceGuide app needs tapiwrap.ocx

are you saying that after installing VoiceGuide tapiwrap.ocx is not in Windows' system/system32 directory?

Can you plz try installing v5.1 which is available now from our WWW.

I went from 4.9 to 5.0 back to 4.9. Have not been able to get it to run. I uninstalled deleted installshield info deleted tapiwrap. Nothing. Did all above again Then went into registry deleted all references to voiceguide and katalina still same. Will not run. What has it put in my syystem to prevent it from running??

Lack of TAPIWARP.OCX or a wrong TAPIWRAP.OCX was the only cause of "You Are Not Licensed To Use This Functionality" errors that we have seen before. We're not too sure what else may be causing this.

I suspect what is happening is that a newer version of a DLL or OCX which is used by VoiceGuide has been installed on the system by some other program - which for some reason is stopping VoiceGuide from starting...

These are most of DLL/OCXs that are installed:

24-11-98 01:10a 90,112 ccrpTmr6.dll

07-05-99 12:00a 140,288 Comdlg32.ocx

15-12-00 08:59a 200,704 moreFunc.dll

22-05-00 10:00a 647,872 mscomct2.ocx

22-05-00 12:00a 1,066,176 MSCOMCTL.OCX

24-06-98 09:00a 244,024 MSFLXGRD.OCX

11-05-00 09:00a 397,312 MSRDO20.DLL

22-05-00 12:00a 109,248 MSWINSCK.OCX

27-10-00 02:01a 45,056 NTSVC.ocx

01-08-03 07:18p 36,864 SapiWrap.ocx

13-10-01 11:48p 28,672 SmartMenuXP.dll

06-11-01 07:57a 233,472 SmartMenuXP.ocx

05-10-01 10:25a 139,264 SmartNetButton.ocx

27-04-01 02:11p 24,576 SmartSubClass.dll

22-05-00 12:00a 209,608 Tabctl32.ocx

31-07-03 11:05p 126,976 TapiWrap.ocx

21-11-99 02:11p 372,736 Toolbar2.ocx

23-03-02 01:29p 135,168 vbSendMail.dll

but there are others as well, installed by the MSXML and by HTML Help systems which are distributed with the VoiceGuide install...

I have noticed everytime I try to reinstall it says "HTML help 1.32 Update"

This Computer already has a newer version of HTML help.

You think thats it?

Ok, I found all those files.

Some of the dates did not match, but I deleted all of them anyway.

I did a reinstall and It is up now.

I guess one of those files was the problem.

You think another program overwrote one?

Those files you listed are only used by Voiceguide?

Thanks for help!

Many of the DLLs and OCXs would be used by other programs as well, and if you found that some of the versions were different then this suggests that other programs did install different versions of them on your system...

I have found a program that will not run now. it says Mscomctl.ocx or one of its dependencies are not registered correctly or missing.

So I cannot run this program and Voiceguide on the same machine?

Looks like it... please try installing that program again and see what version of Mscomctl.ocx it installs - then could post here the Mscomctl.ocx that is causing problems for VoiceGuide (or just indicate the version number of the file)

We can then re-create the problem on our system s here and see how we can make VoiceGuide work with this other version as well.

VoiceGuide ships with v6.0.88.62 of Mscomctl.ocx

The problem appears to be two-fold and only one is addressed with a workaround.

1. The un/installation procedure for 5.0+ is faulty. For example, if a user had 4.9 and migrated to 5.0+ and then reverted then multiple problems arose. No other application is causing the problem. I guess that is why it is beta, though should be alpha.

2. Due to that faulty procedure, appropriate controls are not installed. Hence, the manual deletes.

I found that the unstall procedure of 5.0 indicated that the application was fully removed and even after a reboot it was not.

v4.9 and v5.0 install the same version of all common controls (v5.0 installs a couple of new controls but that's about it).

For users upgrading from v4.9 to v5.0 it may be a good idea to uninstall v4.9 first before installing v5.0

You guys are not reading the issues correctly. It is irrelevant what the intent is - you must validate the end result. (I am not presuming you don't.) The beta version of version 5.0+ is obviously beta. If a user had 4.9 installed, and uninstalls 4.9 to install 5.0+, and uninstall 5.0+ to reverts to 4.9, then there is a problem. The problem is as earlier characterized. This problem is reproducible. This problem is irrespective of any other application.

Removing registry entries with "katalina" or "voiceguide" did not resolve the issue.

My resolution was based on one of your previous post of installed OCX and DLL, but other user may not have the luxury of two pcs. I installed 4.9 on a new system and copied the non-Microsoft ocx/dll from the second system to the faulty system and voila!

I have a similar problem. I did a test drive of the 5.1 and now I cannot completely remove the application. I did a manual remove of the files left over from the un-install(as suggested), but it still shows up as an application in the the "add/remove programs" list.

I managed to re-install 4.9 and got it up and running again, but upon installation of 4.9 I got the "modify, repair, remove" from the 5.1 and it doesn't allow me to direct the location of the new 4.9 install.

The 4.9 install ended up in the "WINNT" Directory. Hardly acceptable to me because it would me altering all my scripts with new addressing.

Please advise next course of action.

Thanks,

Brent

I did a manual remove of the files left over from the un-install(as suggested), but it still shows up as an application in the "add/remove programs" list.

If InstallShield's installation record did not get removed please try this:

Go to ProgramFiles\InstallShield Installation Information.

There will be a series of directories in this folder, they will be named something like "{4325-32432-34432-34443..." etc

Inside each folder find the .ini file, open it and you should see the name of the application for which this folder is used by InstallShield. Once you have found which folder related to VoiceGuide delete the entire folder.

You will now be able to install VoiceGuide.

Please advise next course of action.

Uninstall all and remove folders etc until you can start a normal install. Then install into the directory of your choice.

OK,

That allowed me a normal install. Thanks. It is worth noting that the "view all available file types" needs to be enabled to do this function.

Thanks for your help.

Brent