VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

.net 3.0 And Restart Exit Of Software.

hi. i have 2 questions

first. is it possible to run version 7 without .net 3.0? the pc in stallation of 3.0 fails due to some error.

second. if im running auto outbound dialer. and i send the task in the middle, and the program exits. is it possible to restart the scritp automatically where it left off ?

is it possible to run version 7 without .net 3.0? the pc in stallation of 3.0 fails due to some error.

No. You need .NET 3.0 for v7.

if im running auto outbound dialer. and i send the task in the middle, and the program exits. is it possible to restart the scritp automatically where it left off ?

If a call is hung up midway through a script and you want to start new call starting at same last module then you can specify the starting module when loading the next call. use the:

script|module

notation to specify the starting module in the script.

is it possible to run version 7 without .net 3.0? the pc in stallation of 3.0 fails due to some error.

No. You need .NET 3.0 for v7.

if im running auto outbound dialer. and i send the task in the middle, and the program exits. is it possible to restart the scritp automatically where it left off ?

If a call is hung up midway through a script and you want to start new call starting at same last module then you can specify the starting module when loading the next call. use the:

script|module

notation to specify the starting module in the script.

but when the pc crashes i dont know what the last call was

so i want the software to autmatically continue where it left of

If the .NET 3.0 is not installed on the system then VoiceGuide installation should not be done.

Is NET 3.0 installed on this system?

Please post traces of capturing the program exit.

Trace files are created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces and the VoiceGuide script used.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

If the .NET 3.0 is not installed on the system then VoiceGuide installation should not be done.

Is NET 3.0 installed on this system?

Please post traces of capturing the program exit.

Trace files are created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces and the VoiceGuide script used.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

let me explain

the pc is running intensive applications and sometimes freezes or crashes. so i manually set the pc to restart every day.

I would like to set the vg to open and continue dialing autbound where it left off.

the pc dials out from a list of 10000 numbers, plays a message and waits for a response. i would like it to continue where it left off after the pc reboots.i havent used the script designer, its complicated for me. i need a prewritten app that will do that for me. please tell me if you can do it. thanks

OK, so it's not VG that is causing the PC to freeze/crash but some other applications, and you would just like to resume outbound dialing on system restart, correct?

VoiceGuide will automatically resume dialing on restart. If there are any pending outbound calls stored in the outbound database then those calls will be made as soon as the system restarts.

A script that just plays a questions and awaits a response is fairly straightforward - it would be just a single Play module...

Do you want to save the response in a database or text file etc?

OK, so it's not VG that is causing the PC to freeze/crash but some other applications, and you would just like to resume outbound dialing on system restart, correct?

VoiceGuide will automatically resume dialing on restart. If there are any pending outbound calls stored in the outbound database then those calls will be made as soon as the system restarts.

A script that just plays a questions and awaits a response is fairly straightforward - it would be just a single Play module...

Do you want to save the response in a database or text file etc?

so i want it to autimatically continue dialing after reboot. is there a 1 executable to put in the windows startup menu that will accompish that?

I want the response to be saved in wav file. another words the respnse is press 1 to leave a voice mail message. or 2 to leave a voice mail message for a differant recipiant.

so i want it to autimatically continue dialing after reboot. is there a 1 executable to put in the windows startup menu that will accompish that?

version 7 is a Windows Service. It will start automatically when Windows starts. No need to place anything in the Startup menu etc.

I want the response to be saved in wav file. another words the respnse is press 1 to leave a voice mail message. or 2 to leave a voice mail message for a differant recipiant.

What do you mean by "Different Recipient" ? Just another voicemail box? Have a look at the attached script. It's just one module that takes caller to voicemail box 1 is "1" is pressed, and goes to voicemail box 2 if "2" is pressed. You will still need to record and specify your sound file(s).

PlayAndAwaitResponse.vgs

version 7 is a Windows Service. It will start automatically when Windows starts. No need to place anything in the Startup menu etc.

What do you mean by "Different Recipient" ? Just another voicemail box? Have a look at the attached script. It's just one module that takes caller to voicemail box 1 is "1" is pressed, and goes to voicemail box 2 if "2" is pressed. You will still need to record and specify your sound file(s).

so if i understand correctly it will continue dialing were it left off when it reboots? also, is there a way to do the same thing in version 6? becouse i have some problem installing .net 3.0

so if i understand correctly it will continue dialing were it left off when it reboots?

Yes.

is there a way to do the same thing in version 6?

You'd need to use a batch file for v6, and place the batch file in the "Startup" folder. There would need to be a delay in the batch file to allow the Dialogic service to start first.

Also see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...lineoptions.htm you can setup the service to be dependant on the Dialogic service.