VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

New To Voiceguide - Please Help

Hello, I am new to VoiceGuide and need help on a couple of fronts:

a) My system is contantly busy (it's like my phone is off hook). I don't know how to fix that. Dialogic Configuration Manager is starting normally (without errors). Please help.

B) I am evaluating VoiceGuide and have tried to run a script and when I do that I get an error. Please help.

My configuration is the following: PC running Windows XP SP2, with a Dialogic D-4PCIUF board. Also, I successfully installed the Dialogic System Release 6.0 for PCI. On the VoiceGuide side of things I am evaluating the Version 6 for Dialogic.

Thanks in advance for any assistance forum members may be able to provide.

Further to my original post, I can't make Voiceguide answer an incoming call... I believe all settings are correct, but the phone rights at length and Voiceguide is not answering... Any help you may be able to provide will be appreciate it.

To clarify, the error message I get when trying to run a script is: "VoiceGuide has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." The scrip I am trying to run came with Voiceguide. Specifically, it's the AutoAttendant.vgs script. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer.

Are you able to answer calls when using the Dialogic's sample "Voice Horoscope" application?

Have you restarted the PC after installing the Dialogic drivers?

SupportTeam, thank you for your reply. Indeed, restarted the PC after each and every install (i.e. after installing the Dialog System Release and after installing VoiceGuide Version 6).

On the other question, pardon my ignorance, but I am not sure that I know what is the "Voice Horoscope" application... Under the Dialogic System Release 6.0 PCI for Windows I have a "Demostration Programs" folder with several demos, but none with that specific name you game me. For instance, there's a "Voice Demo" which if opened asks me for .WAV files to play. Is that what you're alluding to? Please advise.

Thanks again for all your help...

Looks like the "Voice Horoscope" app is no longer included with latest Dialogic drivers.

Any of the other sample apps in the "Voice" section can be used as well.

Can you get any of the Dialogic sample apps to answer the calls and play sound files?

No I can't. I tried all the voice applications and I can't hear anything... The funny thing is that the Dialogic DCM starts without issues. Reiterating, I am using Dialogic System Release 6.0 PCI for Windows. Would anyone know how to check if the correct drivers are installed? I was able to find such information on the web for the Dialogic System Release 5.1.1 but not for the 6.0 version. Thanks in advance.

If you cannot get the Dialogic's own demonstration applications working then it's probably best for you to contact the Dialogic card supplier. The Dialogic card supplier should assist in getting the card which the sold you working.

If they cannot assist in getting the card working then you should probably just return the card and purchase the card from a supplier which can assist in resolving such matters.

It was a struggle, but finally I got the Dialogic demos to work. In addition, I loaded Voice Guide 7.0.5 and was able to play around with the Credit Card (sample) script that comes with Voice Guide. I have two questions:

1) How I can change the script? In other words, can I design my own script and play around with it for further evaluation?

2) How I can build an auto attendant fax function that receives a fax, converts it to PDF and sends the content attached to an email?

Thanks in advance any thoughts/suggestions.

1) How I can change the script? In other words, can I design my own script and play around with it for further evaluation?

Yes. That is VoiceGuide's main feature. Use the Script Designer to change the script as you wish and create new scripts.

Set the starting script that you want the system to use in Config.xml.

See: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...ignenvintro.htm and the following Help file topics.

2) How I can build an auto attendant fax function that receives a fax, converts it to PDF and sends the content attached to an email?

Right now you would need to transfer the call to the fax machine's extension when the fax signal is heard on the line.

V7 will soon support Fax direct in application.

Hello, thank you for your reply... I have a couple more questions:

a) How do I change the number of rings that it takes for Voice Guide to answer?

B) How do I test my script without needing to call in everytime I make a change? Is there a "run script" feature that can enable me to test my script as I compose it?

c) How long can I use this demo version?

d) Lastly, you said that V7 will soon support Fax direct in application... Is that a feature that will be available to all V7 users or is that a feature that will cost extra?

Please advise at your convenience. Thanks again!

a) How do I change the number of rings that it takes for Voice Guide to answer?

This is settable in the Config.xml file.

B) How do I test my script without needing to call in everytime I make a change? Is there a "run script" feature that can enable me to test my script as I compose it?

The only way to properly test how the system works is to dial in just like the caller would.

c) How long can I use this demo version?

As long as you like, but you need to restart it every hour.

d) Lastly, you said that V7 will soon support Fax direct in application... Is that a feature that will be available to all V7 users or is that a feature that will cost extra?

It will be available to all. No extra cost.

Thanks so much for the prompt reply...

Everything was working well with VoiceGuide until I added my own (simple) script... Now I am getting an error "vglvrService.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Any idea why?

Also, when you say I need to restart the system (running the demo version) every hour, are you alluding to restart the PC or are you alluding to restarting the VoiceGuide IVR (icon on the bottom of my screen)?

Thanks again for all the help. I appreciate it.

P.S. I reverted back to the (sample) Credit Card script and am still receiving the error: "vglvrService.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I am stuck... Any help would be appreciated!

Also, when you say I need to restart the system (running the demo version) every hour, are you alluding to restart the PC or are you alluding to restarting the VoiceGuide IVR (icon on the bottom of my screen)?

Restarting the service using the Icon in the bottom right of screen is enough. You may need to restart the Dialogic service as well before starting VoiceGuide.

"vglvrService.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Please post the traces from VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory so that we can see what is going on.

Hello, excuse me, but how do I post the traces? Should I look for log files and copy and paste their content on here? Pardon me, but I am new to VoiceGuide and don't quite understand what you're asking me to do... Thanks again for all your help.

.ZIP up the trace/log files and attach them to your post as 'Attachments'. See below the text window in which you type in the post.

Traces show that VoiceGuide is starting up fine. See in the VGEngine trace from March 18th:

084529.500 5 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

084529.500 5 vgEngine Startup completed

084529.500 5 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm not sure why you would be getting any errors.

Can you post a screenshot of the error that you are seeing? When does the error occur? Immedialtey after Windows restart or at some other time?

Hello, I will try to post the screen shot. In the meantime, to clarify, the erros occurs when I call into the system. Presently VoiceGuide is set to answer after four rings. The error occurs between the second and the fouth ring. In other words, the system is no longer answering as it used to (even after reversing back to the sample credit card script).

Have just ran a test with the latest version of VG v7 available from our WWW and the system answered fine after 4 rings.

Please try uninstalling VoiceGuide and the Dialogic drivers and then install the SR6.0 drivers as pointed to by the link next to the VG v7 download link, and the download the latest version of VG v7 as well and install it.

Its best to use the SR drivers as specified next to the download link (currently these are SR 6.0 SU181).

Have just ran a test with the latest version of VG v7 available from our WWW and the system answered fine after 4 rings.

I already did this. My original VoiceGuide install was the most current V7 available at VoiceGuide's website.

Please try uninstalling VoiceGuide and the Dialogic drivers and then install the SR6.0 drivers as pointed to by the link next to the VG v7 download link, and the download the latest version of VG v7 as well and install it.

I am indeed using SR6.0 drivers. Specifically, I am using SR6.0 SU181 (developer) drivers.

Its best to use the SR drivers as specified next to the download link (currently these are SR 6.0 SU181).

Reiterating, I did a clean OS install (Windows XP SP2). The OS is up-to-date with all patches/fixes. The Dialogic drivers being used are indeed SR6.0 SU181. The DCM is running without issues. The version of VoiceGuide being used is the most current V7 release. Initially, everything was working well with the demo (credit card) script, without issues. When I tried to change that script to another one and I increased the number or rings to answer to 4, I got the error. Such error persisted even when I reverted back to the demo (credit card) script. Now, using the demo (credit card) script, even if I reduce the number of number of rings to answer from 4 to 1 (default), I still get the error (previously posted).

Please advise of any further thoughts. Thanks.

Could you please do the following:

1. Stop VG

2. Delete all files in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

3. Start VG.

4. Make a call into the system.

If the error occurs then please post the trace files created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Trace shows that the system received a ring, but did not answer the call on the first ring as it was set to answer after 3 rings. No further rings arrives and after waiting for further 15 seconds for further rings the system decided that the call was abandoned and returned the stat to "Waiting for a Call".

No sign of any error here. The service is still running, as you can see by the entries in the log file made 15 seconds after the first ring arrived.

You can try placing further calls into the system, and if you let the phone ring for more then 3 rings you would see the system answer those calls.

103019.515 8 1 state Ring 1

103019.515 8 1 AnswerTheCallIfAllowed iIvrDev=1, strDlgcDevName_Network=dxxxB1C1

103019.515 8 1 rings=1, min rings before answer=3 (iCallerIdHasArrived=0)

103019.515 8 1 ev Dialogic 134,TDX_CST, crn=0x0 (0), 0,0,0,DE_RINGS,ET_RON,

103019.515 8 1 LsAwaitingCalls TDX_CST

103034.437 8 1 ev ring 0, hCall=1 vgEngine v7.0.2985.21127 (Tue 04/03/2008 11:44:14.64)

103034.437 8 1 state Waiting for a call...

Support Team, thank you for the reply. The error message posted previously is the screen shot of the error message being received in the context I am describing... I am not making the error message up. Clearly an error message is occuring.

Here's the exact sequence of events:

a) System is turned on. DCM starts automatically. IVR runs automatically.

B) I call the system, it rings the number of rings pre-determined (I already tried from 1 ring to 4 rings). When I posted the log files (a few posts back) I was trying 3 rings. Just before the answering takes place, I get the error message described (previosuly) and Voice Guide never really answers the call. The error message pops on my screen, the phone continues to ring and the call is not answered. That happens regardless of the number of rings estipulated in the config.xml file.

c) Once the error message occurs, the IVR icon turn itself off. One needs to turn it back on to try again.

d) If one tries again, the same error occurs and IVR turns itself back into the off (stopped) postion.

e) If I reboot and try everything again, the same outcome happens.

Did this system work after the last install of SR6.0 and VG v7, or did this problems exist immediately after the full SR6.0 and VG v7 reinstall?

Can we have access to this system using www.logmein.com or similar? If yes then please email login details to support@voiceguide.com, quoting a link to this forum thread.

This was a clean install of SR6.0 and VG V7. I already did several clean installs trying to make VG to work... (it you look at the thread, I've been trying to make VG work for months already). This was the latest and greatest, OS, patches, SR6.0 and VG V7 clean install.

To clarify, initially VG was working fine (with the demo credit card script). When I switched to another script, I first got the error. Since then, the error has persisted even when reverting back to the demo credit card script. The number of rings to answer don't seem to have an effect on the error.

Honestly, I don't know www.logmein.com... If you provide me the key/basic information I can arrange for you to be able to log into my machine... Please advise. Thanks.

Please see www.logmein.com for information on how to setup remote access to your machine. When remote access has been setup please email us the login information which logmein.com provided.

Hello, I have installed LogMeIn... Per instructions, have emailed the information to VoiceGuide. Please advise on next steps. Thanks in advance.

Update for other readers of this thread:

Have logged in and had a quick look at this system. It appears that there was some issue with the .NET installation on this machine (?)

Reinstalling .NET and VoiceGuide fixed the problems. We were able to dial in and have the system answer both with the demo Credit Card script and with the customers own script.

Support Team, since you logged in my sistem I "parked" this project... I took on this project again this past weekend and the same error message is recurring: "vglvrService.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Any assistance you may provide will be appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Was anything else installed on this system in the last 4 months?

We'd probably recommend to just reformat this system and just install Windows+SR6.0Su184+VoiceGuide and if you still encounter problems then please post screenshots of the error that appears on the screen, or post the Dr.Watson error log.

Just from the screenshot we'd be able to see in what part of software the problem is occurring.

VoiceGuide is written in Managed code, and the type of error that you are describing is caused by non0managed code, most likely on the Dialogic driver layer.

No, nothing was intalled at all. As stated before, this system had a clean install from the onset. Actually, even before seeking help here in the forum, I've done sereral clean installs to attempt to make Voice Guide to work. Eventually, I gave up and contacted the forum to see if someone could help...

The only thing I did was to change the number of rings that it takes for Voice Guide to answer. Nothing has changed whatsoever at Dialogic level. Dialogic's DCM is running perfectly, without an issue. Since my attempt to change the number of rings from 0 to 3 the issue has surfaced (again). I get an error message (described in the previous post) and VoiceGuide stops running (after the error message happens).

My hunch is that somehow the config file is getting corrupted (or something like that). To clarify, I edited the config file (to change the numbers of rings) with Windows' Note Pad application.

Any assistance you could provide will be more than welcome.

please post screenshots of the error that appears on the screen, or post the Dr.Watson error log.

We can then see what happened.

Which 'Service Update' version of SR6.0 are you using?

Are you using the latest version of VoiceGuide v7?

Please also .zip up and post the ktTel traces from VoiceGuide.