VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

2 Issues - Answer Delay & Recording Silence

Hi there,

Answer Delay

On a new application I am trying to set a delay of 2 rings before answering the inbound call. I have set this correctly both in the Line Device Config in the VG app and also in Config.xml. The parameters set are the same. The Dialogic Card is an E1 card and the protocol is set to ISDN.

Is there another setting I need to change somewhere? Perhaps on the Dialogic card itself?

Recording Silence

There are a number of modules in my application that require the caller to record certain bits of information. If there is silence after 3 seconds (or so) VG informs me that "silence {path not defined}" and then disconnects the call.

Can I set it to ignore silence or at least increase the time before it hangs up? Where would I define the path on where to go if silence is detected?

Thanks!

On E1 ISDN lines VoiceGuide is by default set to answer immediately. This is usually what is required. Why would you like to delay call answer on E1 ISDN lines? Would playing back a ringback tone immediately after answer to make caller think that the phone is still ringing be sufficient?

Can I set it to ignore silence or at least increase the time before it hangs up?

Silence detection length can be changed using SilenceDetectLength setting in VG.INI and by assigning a new value to SilenceDetectLen RV in the Evaluate Expression module.

Please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/modrecord.htm

Why would you like to delay call answer on E1 ISDN lines?

Just the client's request. I think it relates to the first part of the message being cut off. I will work around it by leaving 1 seconds silence on the first message.

Silence detection length can be changed using SilenceDetectLength setting in VG.INI and by assigning a new value to SilenceDetectLen RV in the Evaluate Expression module.

Please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/modrecord.htm

I will amend this and get back to you if there are still issues. Thank you for your assistance.

I think it relates to the first part of the message being cut off.

So it looks like this ISDN circuit cannot complete the Voice path immediately after answer, but it needs a little bit of time after answer to connect the voice path.

Postponing answer would probably not affect this voice path setup delay. Your approach of adding silence to start of first sound file is the right way to handle this situation.