VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Use Current T1 From Pbx For Vg Testing

We are looking to download and test the VG for Dialogic. We will probably be using a D480jct card in the system.

Our current T1s(4 total) that go into our PBX are configured D4 AMI, Super Frame, EM, Wink Start, DTMF. We plan to test by pulling one of the T1s from the PBX and plug into the Dialogic(off hours of course). If this works, we will be ordering 4 new T1s with the same configuration. We would like all 8 T1s the same configuration.

Can the VG and Dialogic be configured to utilize such a T1 line configuration?

Thanks,

yanky

D4 AMI, Super Frame, EM, Wink Start, DTMF.

Protocol is fine.

VoiceGuide for Dialogic does not limit in any way the type of protocol that can be used. If the Dialogic card can handle the protocol then VoiceGuide will be able to run on top of it. The protocol parameters you describe is a very common Robbed Bit setup and there should be no problems getting the Dialogic card to work with it.

Dialogic card can support pretty much every protocol/switch put there. It has a broad range of configuration options allowing it to be matched to any protocol presented to it.

There are number of variable options on Robbed Bit lines, so sometimes it's necessary to dive into the Dialogic configuration files to set the matching values - so setting up Robbed Bit may require a bit more work then setting up an ISDN type connection. ISDN protocol have a stricter spec so all that is required is to set the protocol type and connection will work without any option flags needing to be set in configuration files - whereas with Robbed Bit you may need to go through and set the individual configuration files if your T1 has a few options set differently to prevailing Robbed Bit setup.

Often your local Dialogic supplier will know if anything special needs to be set in Dialogic configuration files to make the board run with the T1s from a particular provider who supplies T1s in your area. They should also assist in getting the Dialogic card answering calls on the T1 using the Dialogic demo/test programs.

Once the Dialogic card is answering calls using it's demo/test programs then you are ready to just start VoiceGuide and let it answer the calls instead.

There is a sample Config.xml for Robbed Bit T1's installed with VoiceGuide - you would need to use that Config.xml (just rename the files).

Let us know if you have any more questions.

There is a sample Config.xml for Robbed Bit T1's installed with VoiceGuide - you would need to use that Config.xml (just rename the files).

Do I need to do anything in the Intel Dialogic Configurate Manager?

We are still waiting for our line, but want to be prepared...

Thanks,

yanky

Do I need to do anything in the Intel Dialogic Configurate Manager?

No need to set anything in the DCM.

I am using the robbed bit sample config.xml for testing. I am getting a gc_start err [-1] in the tw log. dlgc dt_open error on VG startup.

** run the eval of VG for dialogic 6.0.3310

I have attached the 2 log files.

Did I miss something?

0521tw.zip

0521vgm.zip

I think I fixed that problem... I think I installed the Net 2.0 after Dialogic and VG

I uninstalled everything, re-installed Dialogic 5.1, re-installed 5.1 sp, re-installed gc 4.2, and re-installed VG.

I needed to start the Dialogic service by hand(it was at manual)...

Now I think I have an issue with the Dialogic card and the carrier. The VG states "Waiting for call...", but when I call, I get a carrier message stating "Sorry, we can not complete your call". I connect my T1 line back into the pbx and I don't get that message, I connect to the PBX.

We are using D4, AMI, SuperFrame, EM, Wink Start, DTMF.

Is there a setting on the dialogic card I need to change or somewhere in the DCM?

Thanks,

yanky

Have you tried using the pdk_us_mf_io and us_mf_io as the protocols in Config.xml file?

Which Dialogic card is used on this system?

Have you tried using any of Dialogic's sample programs?

Please run the system description program sys_infoDNA.exe or its_sysinfo.exe as per instructions here: http://www.voiceguide.com/suppTechnicalSupp.htm and post the resulting summary file.

As lins are configured D4/AMI there would be no need to change the US_240.PRM file

(if lines were set to use B8ZS/ESF then settings 0014 and 0020 would need to be changed in us_240.prm)

I am using the pdk_us_mf_io protocol. I tried the us_mf_io, but VG hangs when I exit.

We are using the D480jct-2T1 card from Dialogic.

I tried the Dialogic samples with the same results, waits for calls, says it is dialing, but nothing happens. I get a green light when I start the service, so it is getting a signal from the external T1.

I am getting a fast busy with I call the numbers on that T1.

Either of the system description programs(sys_infoDNA.exe or its_sysinfo.exe) are on the machine? I looked in the c:\p f\dialogic\bin, and I did a complete search on the HD. Did I miss something on the install?

Any ideas?

yanky

Either of the system description programs(sys_infoDNA.exe or its_sysinfo.exe) are on the machine? I looked in the c:\p f\dialogic\bin, and I did a complete search on the HD. Did I miss something on the install?

Please try installing the latest SR6.0 on this system (see links from our Recommended Hardware Page). This should ensure that you have the system diagnosis tools installed as well.

SR6.0 isn't free, correct?

I looked into this a bit more and did a pdk dump log

It looks like I am getting a :

gc_GetVoiceH()-Failed:linedev-20:voiceH--1 GLib N/A

gc_WaitCall()-Failed:linedev-20:timeout--1: mode -async

Does this mean anything?

I don't want to invest in 6.0 if not needed.

Thanks,

yanky

I attach the sys_infoDNA program to this post. You should be able to use this program on SR5.x systems.

If SR6.0 is installed you would be able to run the CAStrace program as well - it would tell you exactly what bits are set on the T1 line and may be needed to conform what is actually happening on this line.

CAStrace program usage is described in attached .pdf. You would need to start VoiceGuide before using CAStrace.

The latest SR6.0 Service Updates available for download do not have any evaluation/expiration limits.

gc_GetVoiceH()-Failed:linedev-20:voiceH--1 GLib N/A

gc_WaitCall()-Failed:linedev-20:timeout--1: mode -async

Does this mean anything?

Not sure what significance of this is. This trace does not look like a trace from VoiceGuide.

sys_infoDNA.zip

system_diagnostics_win_v7.pdf

I just noticed I did not re-install the FP after the SP1. Would this be causing any of my issues with my Dialogic card?

I can't test the TALK32 program because it pops up that it only supports 40 lines and I have the 48 port total.. It just hangs.

The other samples run, but don't answer the calls.

"The latest SR6.0 Service Updates available for download do not have any evaluation/expiration limits." but not free either, correct?

Thanks,

yanky

I can't test the TALK32

Talk32 is using TAPI/Wave interface. You do not need to install TAPI/Wave drivers when using 'VoiceGuide for Dialogic'.

Were you able to run the sys_infoDNA program?

You may want to contact your Dialogic card supplier regarding SR6.0. Many Dialogic card suppliers will include SR6.0 with the sold card.

I was unable to run that remoting this evening. I will try first thing tomorrow am. It is 11:15 PM local time here. Hopefully I can get you some info asap so we can get this featured out.

I will contact the person we got the cards from. I asked them about support and they stated we needed to speak with software developers, they couldn't help. Maybe I can get SR6.0 out of them.

What dialogic sample programs should I try to see if working outside VG?

thanks,

yanky

Usually the card supplier will assist in getting the card working to the point where demonstration programs supplied with the card's drivers work. This would demonstrate that the card works with it's supplied drivers.

You may want to return this card and source the card from a supplier who supplies the drivers with the card and provides support to get the card working with Dialogic's own demonstration programs. After all that is what they need to do to show the card is not faulty.

If the supplier cannot show the card working with Dialogic's demonstration programs then you are entitled to return the card as faulty.

Looks like these T1's have got something different setup on them then the standard configuration. Local Dialogic suppliers would usually know what the differences between the various Telco configurations are and would be able to tell you which setting(s) in Dialogic configuration files needs to be changed to make the Dialogic card work with T1 lines supplied by the local Telco.

On SR5.x systems the demo app would be the gc_basic_call_model (in the gc_demos subdirectory). You would need to edit the gc_basic_call_model's .cfg file first.

If you can setup access to this machine using WinVNC or PCAnywhere then we provide service to configure the system. Please contact sales@voiceguide.com regarding this service.

Also:

In the DCM is the "Country" setting set to "United States" ?

The Country setting will affect which .prm file is loaded by the Dialogic card.

Please try using pdk_us_ls_fxs_io and pdk_us_ls_fxo_io as the protocol as well.

Please post the output of the sys_infoDNA program. This will let us see how the system is setup.

Please set United States for the Country parameter in the DCM.

Also please select US_240.PRM to be the Parameter File.

Have you tried using pdk_us_ls_fxs_io and pdk_us_ls_fxo_io as the settings for protocols (in VoiceGuide's Config.xml)?

When the T1 line is plugged into the back of the D480JCT card does the corresponding LED turns from Red to Green?

I do have the country set to US in the DCM. Is there another location? I know it doesn't look like it on the sys_info file?

Where is the parameter us_240.prm set? DCM and which tab?

Is the Feature Pack required? I installed this morning and it is telling me it needs to restart every 10 hours. That may be an issue once we go live. I am currently uninstalling the FP

I tried the pdk_us_ls_fxs_io, with no luck. When I tried the pdk_us_ls_fxo_io, I got open errors.

Regarding the card lights. The lights are out until I start the service(is that suppose to start automaticly? I changed that in the services). We can only test 1 T1, so the first channel light is green and the second one is red(nothing plugged in).

FP just got done uninstalling... I can't get into the DCM at all. I will need to reinstall SR5.1 and SP 1.

thanks,

yanky

Here is the updated sys_info file.

I also included some data I got from our PBX, inwhich the T1 is being moved from. I am sure there is just a setting in the Dialogic that needs to match up with how that line is coming in... D4 Superframe, AMI, wink start,etc...

I am also going to try a different D/480jct. Our plans are to have 2 machines(both with 2 t1 lines) handling 96 calls at a time.

thanks,

yanky

sys_inf2.zip

pbx_settings.zip

There most be a handshake issue between the dialogic card and the carrier. The VG is waiting for call, but I get a fast busy. The VG doesn't even blink. Cable issue?

yanky

Would not be a cable issue if the same T1 cable works in the PBX.

Also if the LED turns green this means that the low level signaling and framing is being received, so it's just a question of the channels recognized as being opened and available to receive the call. This pretty much comes down to protocol selection and setting protocol parameters.

This following note may assist in this:

"Troubleshooting A T1 E&M Wink-Start Line Configuration Using T1 SPAN Cards"

http://resource.intel.com/telecom/support/..._soft/tn245.htm

basically you should get the Bitset_recompiled.exe program and start this program before starting VoiceGuide. This will let you see what bits are being set on the line by the Telco and by the Dialogic card. You will need to know the basics of how Robbed Bit T1's work to understand the Bitset_recompiled.exe program.

Thanks guys..

First, no we can't order IDSN for the new T1s. That was the inital question to this post, and you stated "protocol is fine". So we ordered the new 4 the same. Also, if need be, we can pull one of the T1s and place in a new T1 card in our PBX.

I was unable to Troubleshoot because I am off site this evening. Because of the PCA delay, I can't see the bits change. I will be off tomorrow, so I may not get back at it until Friday AM. I am in contact with Adam regarding VG to PCA into our machine and fix... But the same issue may arise because of PCA?

Thanks again for all your help. Later.

yanky

I am having minor issues with the 'bitset' monitoring. I will work in later.

Here is data I got from our carrier regarding our T1 circuit.

E&M (Ear & Mouth) signaling is typically used for trunks. Originally these were 8-wire circuits which

interconnected different Central Offices. Using digital E&M signalling, there are only

two physical states: busy (off-hook) and idle (on-hook).

SIGNAL DIRECTION FORWARD(to system) BACKWARD (to CO)

IDLE / ON HOOK AB(CD) = 00(00) AB(CD) = 00(00)

BUSY / OFF HOOK AB(CD) = 11(11) AB(CD) = 11(11)

Does this help to see what we need to change in the cpd files?

Thanks again for all your help,

yanky

SIGNAL DIRECTION FORWARD(to system) BACKWARD (to CO)

IDLE / ON HOOK AB(CD) = 00(00) AB(CD) = 00(00)

BUSY / OFF HOOK AB(CD) = 11(11) AB(CD) = 11(11)

These details confirm the standard E&M configuration.

Usually selecting protocol pdk_us_mf_io will result in Dialogic card working with such lines with no problems.

I understand that you are using D/480JCT cards, which can accept two T1 connections. Is it possible that you are plugging the T1 cable into the 'second T1' connection? (or have you tried them both?). The one further away from the end of the card that has the PCI connector on it is the 'first T1'.

To debug this we recommend using the Dialogic's "Global Call Basic Call Model" demonstration application and enabling the "PDK protocol trace":

1. Change the Configuration file of the "Global Call Basic Call Model" app to open all 24 channels, enable them for inbound and use the pdk_us_mf_io protocol.

2. Please follow instructions in attached .PDF (it's an older document but this approach still works on WinXP/Win2003 etc)

(online original is here, but may soon disappear: http://resource.intel.com/telecom/support/...winnt/tn416.htm )

3. Start the "Global Call Basic Call Model" app, try to make the call.

4. Stop the and look at the trace - please .ZIP up the trace and post it here.

The Trace should indicate why the system did not accept the call.

Other things to look at is that maybe your wink length is incorrect or make sure your ANI/DNIS sections are setup properly and for the correct # of digits.

See: http://resource.dialogic.com/telecom/suppo..._soft/tn251.htm

Also please consider this:

--------------------

For an incoming call, make sure you have seizure acknowledgement enabled (should already be enabled by default) in case the switch is expecting the wink (otherwise disable it).

All BOOLEAN_t CDP_IN_WinkStart = 1

All BOOLEAN_t CDP_OUT_WinkStart = 1

Then check the requirement for the ST and KP "digits". By default, the protocol expects the ST and KP digits ("*"). Disable then accordingly if the switch is not sending these digits - set the following to 0.

All BOOLEAN_t CDP_IN_DNIS_ST_Needed = 1

All BOOLEAN_t CDP_IN_ANI_ST_Needed = 1

All BOOLEAN_t CDP_IN_ANI_KP_Needed = 1

--------------------

Are you still using SR5.1.1 + SP1 ?

If the above does not lead you to a working setup then you should install SR6.0 and try all of the above again with SR6.0

Very few sites use the old SR5.1.1 + SP1 drivers on T1/E1 systems. Maybe there is some hard to find problem when SR5.1.1 + SP1 drivers are used.

All the T1/E1 sites that we have deployed ourselves over the last few years have used SR6.0...

How_to_Enable_Logging_for_Global_Call_PDK__Protocol_Development_Kit_.pdf

logview.zip

Great news... I got the gcdemos / inbound to work... Just a few changes in the pdk_us_mf_io file.

I tested VG, but I get a fast busy. The telco is not getting a wink back like it does running the inbound gcdemo from Dialogic. It is almost like it is not reading the pdk_us_mf_io file. I have that in the config.xml

Here are the pdk logs for the working dialogic sample program and the not working VG.

If the pdk_us_mf_io works for one program, why not the other?

Thanks,

yanky

pdk_VG_not_working.zip

pdk_dialogic_sample_working.zip

If calls get answered by the "Global Call Basic Call Model" app then they should be working with Voiceguide as well.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which capture VoiceGuide startup, this will allow us to confirm tht VG's config files are loaded properly, and then make an incoming call attempt.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

ktTel=10

Then restart VG and make a test call.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Where should the pdk_ files be located for VG?

The default is in the c:\program files\dialogic\cfg. That is where gc_basic_call_model is looking for them, but I ran filemon and saw that VG is looking for the pdk_us_mf_io in the c:\program files\voiceguide. I copied all the pdk_us_mf_io*.* files to the vg directory and am waiting for my T1 to come back up.

thanks,

yanky

There should be no need to move the PDK files anywhere.

Which SR is currently installed on this system? SR5.1.1SP1 or SR6.0?

It's very strange that the gc_basic_call_model works while VoiceGuide does not. Actually we have never seen a case where gc_basic_call_model works while VoiceGuide does not...

Using SR5.x may be the problem here. VoiceGuide for Dialogic is developed on SR6.0, and the software is linked to libraries which ship with SR6.0 - which are supposedly backward compatible with SR5.x family drivers... but maybe this difference in SR driver platforms is what is the problem here.

If you are still using SR5.x then we'd recommend changing to SR6.0 and trying this again (verify with SR6.0 gc_basic_call_model first, and then try VG).

Could you also please post your current pdk_us_mf_io.cdp and indicate what changes you made to it. Was it just setting the wink length or did you need to change anything else?

I am using SR5.1.1, Version DNA5, Build 30, SP1

What would the cost be if I were to purchase the SR6.0 from you? Do I need two copies because I will have 2 cards/two machines?

I think it is because the VG is trying to use the file in the VG directory. If we use SR6.0, that will not change the VG and where to access the protocol files?

I haven't been able to test, since I tried moving the file - the T1 is down(telco issue).

I only needed to change the below.

All BOOLEAN_t CDP_IN_DNIS_WINK_Needed = 1

All BOOLEAN_t CDP_OUT_DNIS_WINK_Needed = 1

All BOOLEAN_t CDP_IN_ANI_WINK_Needed = 1

All BOOLEAN_t CDP_OUT_ANI_WINK_Needed = 1

thanks,

yanky

pdk_us_mf_io.zip

I think it is because the VG is trying to use the file in the VG directory. If we use SR6.0, that will not change the VG and where to access the protocol files?

VoiceGuide itself doe not read the pdk files. VoiceGuide just tells the Dialogic drivers which pdk files the drivers should load and use to negotiate call start/end. The VoiceGuide application itself never opens the actual file - the Dialogic drivers do.

What would the cost be if I were to purchase the SR6.0 from you? Do I need two copies because I will have 2 cards/two machines?

Please email sales@voiceguide.com about this.

I have Framework 1.X and 2.0 installed on this machine. Also Visual Studio 2002 is installed on this machine because we use it for development. Would that be causing an issue?

Is there a different cdp/prm file we need to edit?

No.

I have Framework 1.X and 2.0 installed on this machine. Also Visual Studio 2002 is installed on this machine because we use it for development. Would that be causing an issue?

No.

You should install SR6.0. Currently the latest version of SR6.0 is SR6.0 SU148. That's what you should have installed on this system.

I don't know if we want to invest $$ for the evaul. I have all the confidence that your product will handle the volume of calls, but there is always that changes. That is a $600-$900 gamble.

You do not need to pay anything for the SR6.0 eval. Just download it from the Dialogic WWW and install it...

SR5.x drivers are discontinued by Dialogic. You should not be using SR5.x

I am now at SR6.0 SU148 redist. version of the Dialogic.

I uninstalled/reinstalled VG.

The gc_basic_call_model works and shows my ANI & DNIS(getting sent *ANI*DNIS*).

VG now gives me 'dead air', not a fast busy.

I included the sysinfo, tw and vg logs.

It looks like we are closer?

Any thoughts on what may be happening?

thanks,

yanky

0605tw.zip

0605vgm.zip

sys_inf6_148.zip

Is this system accessible using WinVNC or PCAnywhere? We'd like to have a quick look at this system directly. This should result in getting this system running faster then exchanging messages through this forum.

Yes, we do have PCAnywhre on that machine. I need to set some security. When would be a good time tomorrow? It is currently 7:30 pm CDT. I will be back at the location at 7:30 am CDT until 5:00 PM CDT(or later if needed).

I will set up security and email info to support@voiceguide.com once we determine a time.

THANKS!!!!

yanky

Please email IP/Port and Login/Password details to support@voiceguide.com

You can arrange a time via email as well.

Update:

System was able to receive calls after the latest SR6.0 and VoiceGuide v6.0.3335 were installed on the system. Here is the email we got yesterday.

I just wanted to let you know how impressed I am with the Katalina Technologies's 'SupportTeam'. The dedication they shown last night to get VG EVAL working on our system, pre-sale, was outstanding. It is our intention to purchase (2) 48 port licenses after I prove to management your solution will handle the load we plan to throw at it. Last night's events enhances my confidences in your product, support and company.

(Senders permission to post the quote was granted)

Dear Support,

The inbound has been working great for us. We now have been asked to do outbound on these 2 VG ivrs. VG states that it is 'Dialing...', the telco does not see anything coming in from us, so there must be an issue with the Dialogic cfg file? We are using the pdk_us_mf_io.cfg with minor adjustments. Can you let me know where to start trouble shooting this?

Thanks,

yanky

Please start a new Support Forum topic and post in there the relevant VoiceGuide traces etc. We can then look at them and see what is happening on your system.

Right now new topics need to be approved by board moderators. This is done to prevent spam that we have been getting recently.