VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Component 'kttel.ocx' Or One Of Its Dependencies Not Correctly

Keith wrote:

I downloaded the test module Voice Guide for Dialogic 6.0.3310 and installed it.

I now have 10 modules installed,and it looks OK.

When I ran the Vioce Guide, I got the response:

"Component 'kttel.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

and it would not run.

What is the problem?

Do you have a Dialogic card installed on your system and has the Dialogic service been started before starting VoiceGuide?

Whch Dialogic System Release Drivers version are you using?

I received this same error message just now attempting to install Dialogic Voice Guide v3377.

I have just previously upgraded my Dialogic Drivers to Release 6 Update 178.

I have at D240JCTT1 card installed and I was successfully able to get the Configuration Manager to start the drivers prior to doing the install.

The date on the v3377 installed ktTel.ocx file in c:\Windows\system32 is 9/20/2007, size = 352KB.

Here are the relevant lines from the attached installLog.txt file:

Output folder: C:\WINDOWS\system32

Extract: ccrpTmr6.dll... 100%

Extract: Comdlg32.ocx... 100%

Extract: ktTel.ocx... 100%

Extract: libexpat.dll... 100%

Extract: moreFunc.dll... 100%

Extract: mscomct2.ocx... 100%

Extract: MSCOMCTL.OCX... 100%

Extract: MSCOMM32.OCX... 100%

Extract: MSFLXGRD.OCX... 100%

Extract: MSRDO20.DLL... 100%

Extract: MSWINSCK.OCX... 100%

Extract: NTSVC.ocx... 100%

Extract: SapiWrap.ocx... 100%

Extract: SmartMenuXP.dll... 100%

Extract: SmartMenuXP.ocx... 100%

Extract: SmartNetButton.ocx... 100%

Extract: SmartSubClass.dll... 100%

Extract: Tabctl32.ocx... 100%

Extract: Toolbar2.ocx... 100%

Extract: vbSendMail.dll... 100%

Registering: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ccrpTmr6.dll

Registering: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Comdlg32.ocx

Could not load: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ktTel.ocx

Extract: C:\WINDOWS\system32\libexpat.dll... 100%

Could not find symbol: DllRegisterServer

Registering: C:\WINDOWS\system32\moreFunc.dll

Registering: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mscomct2.ocx

Registering: C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSCOMCTL.OCX

Registering: C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSCOMM32.OCX

Registering: C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSFLXGRD.OCX

Registering: C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSRDO20.DLL

Registering: C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSWINSCK.OCX

Registering: C:\WINDOWS\system32\NTSVC.ocx

Registering: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SapiWrap.ocx

Registering: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SmartMenuXP.dll

Registering: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SmartMenuXP.ocx

Registering: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SmartNetButton.ocx

Registering: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SmartSubClass.dll

Registering: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Tabctl32.ocx

Registering: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Toolbar2.ocx

Registering: C:\WINDOWS\system32\vbSendMail.dll

installLog.txt

Okay,

In an attempt to fix my problem, since I was never real comfortable with my Dialogic installation so I went back to square one and unistalled VoiceGuide and uninstalled Dialogic 6.0 Service Release 178.

I then re-installed from scratch after rebooting Dialogic 6.0 Service Release 178 (Redistributable Version) from the unzipped red download file folder. The installation seemingly went just fine with no error messages.

I changed my DCM ISDN Protocol to DMS as required by my carrier.

Here are some of the messages I'm seeing in the System Event Log just trying to get the Dialogic Driver software to work. I know I said I got this to work before but it seemed like a big fluke...not sure how I got it to work.

Haven't been able to duplicate that dubious success in my 2nd time around installation.l

Here's the sequence of Event Logs:

The Dialogic System Service service was successfully sent a start control.

Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

Generate Activation Context failed for C:\Program Files\Dialogic\lib\libsrlmt.dll. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

DLGCSERV - RunProgsInKey() - RegVox -m -e returned fatal error.

DLGCSERV - Intel® Dialogic® product System Service stopping.

The Dialogic System Service service terminated with service-specific error 16383 (0x3FFF).

I have zipped up the log files from the Dialogic Log folder and attached them here.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

log.zip

Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT could not be found

You may need to download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Those files are usually installed with Windows. Which version of Windows is installed on this system?

Another thing to check would be to use the depends.exe app from here: http://www.dependencywalker.com/ and use it to view the ktTel.ocx.

This should indicate which DLLs that it requires are not present on the system. Please post a screenshot of dependencywalker's reported dll dependency list of the ktTel.ocx.

Okay,

I followed your advice and installed the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable because of the:

"Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT could not be found and Last Error was

The referenced assembly is not installed on your system."

error message I received.

I also followed the advice in the original Driver Installation Guide and cancelled out of the Found New Hardware Wizard until after completing the Dialogic Driver Installation. Then after the re-boot, I pointed the Found New Hardware Wizard to the Driver folder inside Dialogic rather than using the Recommended Automatic Installation and that seemed to do the trick.

So between doing both of those things, I found that my drivers started up just fine this time around. No further error messages in the Event Log.

New problem:

Now when I attempt to run Dialogic 6.0v3377 installation program, it crashes into the debugger when attempting to register the ktTel.ocx.

Unfortunately, I don't get a installLog.txt file because of the crash but I know it happens there because the last thing it does is register ComDlg32.ocx and I know the next thing in line is ktTel.ocx.

I am running Windows Server 2003 R2 (Service Pack 2)

As I mentioned, I just upgraded to Dialogic Drivers R6.0 U178 which was just released as of Dec 28, 2007. I'm worried your latest 3377 revision from Sept 2007 is not compatible with these latest 178 drivers. Is that a possibility? Would this be an easy fix?

I had an issue a while back with VG intermittently crashing Other Problem

that you attributed to Dialogic Drivers so I waited until winter season (now) when my system isn't busy to attempt an upgrade. That's what I'm attempting now.

Any help would as always be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking into this.

Please use the depends.exe app from http://www.dependencywalker.com/ and use it to view the ktTel.ocx.

This should indicate which DLLs that it requires are not present on the system. Please post a screenshot of dependencywalker's reported dll dependency list of the ktTel.ocx.

I have attached 2 screen shots from Depend utility pointing to (opening up) ktTel.ocx.

The first one showed the missing dwmapi.dll.

I downloaded that from a site and put it into system32 and then viewed Depend again.

The 2nd screen is what showed up that time.

Install still crashes even after adding dwmapi.dll into system32.

Many posts on this missing dll. Google missing DWMAPI.DLL to get a bunch of them.

Here's an example from msdn MSDN Forum

Not sure what the implication is here.

Again running v3377 install on Windows Server Standard Edition 2005 R2 (SP2) with Internet Explorer v7.

Just baffled....

post-2154-1201664245_thumb.jpg

post-2154-1201664260_thumb.jpg

the first screenshot does not show this file as a problem.

Not sure what could be the problem here, but please try the following:

1. Use Dialogic Drivers SR6.0 SU171 (instead of SU178). Please follow links form our WWW's Recommended Hardware page.

2. If you can try under WinXP please try WinXP (with SR6.0 SU171 as well)

3. As a test please download and install VG v7 and see if that installs OK.

Hopefully using SU171 will fix it. If not then let try the other two options and se what is working and what is not working and take it from there.