VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

2 Line Recording On Analog Cards

Have attached log files for the conferenced recording we are trying to do. The software update you sent us seems to be working in that I can get it to call the 3rd party and proved this by adding "," commas after the dial string to stop it from hanging up. This rang through fine, but it is not moving onto the record module but instead hanging up every call.

Thanks in advance,

Ben.

0302vgm.txt

0302tw.txt

Looking at the trace we can see that in the VBScript type module [Rec2lines] you have this line of code:

strRet = vg.Record_2Lines_Start(4, $RV[Conf_LineId_1], $RV[Conf_LineId_3], "c:\rec2lines.wav", "")

The usage of $RV[Conf_LineId_3] is incorrect as this RV has not been defined.

You should use:

strRet = vg.Record_2Lines_Start(4, $RV[Conf_LineId_1], $RV[Conf_LineId_2], "c:\rec2lines.wav", "")

As $RV[Conf_LineId_2] stores the Line ID of the second leg of the call. (See a bit earlier in the vgm trace to see what RVs get defined)

If you have any more problems post the traces again along with the script.

Thanks for that. The system now dials out and connects the two parties. I put through a number of test calls and found the following:

* twice there was a lot of noise and echoing on the line

* the first call detected caller hangup and ended the session

* all other calls have failed to detect caller hangup

* no recording is being made although it does appear to be going to the record VBS module.

Oh and for the demo we actually need to record multiple calls, so is this as easy as changing the file to be recorded to something along the lines of "C:\$RV_TIME.wav" or similar?

I've attached the latest trace files for your review.

Cheers,

Ben.

0302vgm.txt

0302tw.txt

What channels are selected to be opened by VoiceGuide on this system (in Config.xml) ?

Just open the first four channels on the Dialogic card for now (dxxxB1C1, dxxxB1C2, dxxxB1C3 and dxxxB1C4) and then restart VG.

Please post complete traces which include VoiceGuide startup and just refer to relevant calls by their timestamp.

Oh and for the demo we actually need to record multiple calls, so is this as easy as changing the file to be recorded to something along the lines of "C:\$RV_TIME.wav" or similar?
Yes. You can generate your own filename as required.

failed to detect caller hangup
You may need to play around with the Disconnect tone config, but ultimately if you require 100% immediate notification when call ends then you will need to use T1/E1 ISDN lines. The 'call end' notification is sent from Telco as an ISDN message immediately when the remote handset is placed on-hook.

The channels open are:

<Channel>

<Name>dxxxB1C1</Name>

<NetworkIf>dxxxB1C1</NetworkIf>

<Protocol>pdk_na_an_io</Protocol>

<RingsBeforeAnswer>0</RingsBeforeAnswer>

<script>C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Woolies\WooliesMessages.vgs</Script>

<AllowDialOut>1</AllowDialOut>

<RV>[PbxVoicemailLineId]{0001}</RV>

</Channel>

<Channel>

<Name>dxxxB1C3</Name>

<NetworkIf>dxxxB1C3</NetworkIf>

<script>C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Woolies\WooliesMessages.vgs</Script>

<RV>[PbxVoicemailLineId]{0003}</RV>

</Channel>

<Channel>

<Name>dxxxB1C4</Name>

<NetworkIf>dxxxB1C4</NetworkIf>

<RV>[PbxVoicemailLineId]{0004}</RV>

</Channel>

I checked the lines connected, and when the lines are plugged into the first 2 ports it shows up as B1C1 then B1C3.

Hope I haven't introduced an error by removing line 2 from config.xml

Also I just went to put a test call through again, and the registration screen came up because its an evaluation copy. (Our client was going to cut across to this system for an entire day to compare it with another international solution they aren't happy with). Can we put our license info in for this machine or will that stop it working?

Regards,

Ben.

Please put dxxxB1C2 back into the config.xml and restart VG.

The Record_2Lines_Start call is relying on four channels to be open.

The '4' in the first parameter of the Record_2Lines_Start function call means "use the voice device on 4th open channel to do the recording"... and right now this system is not opening 4 channels....

Can we put our license info in for this machine or will that stop it working?
you would need a license which enables use of Record_2Lines_Start function. That is the "Call Recorder" add-on license.

Ok thanks for that, have modified it accordingly and finally put two and two together. I'm making the calls in on line 3 so that it picks up and dials out on line 1. This is working correctly now. I will conduct more testing and if I have any other issues will post again in the morning.

Thanks for all your assistance.

Cheers,

Ben.

After quite a bit of testing I've found that the hangup detection seems to work fine if just one party hangs up (either called or calling party), however if they hangup at almost the same time then the system does not detect this and keeps the line and recording up.

Any suggestions for resolving this, as it is keeping our one test line up for extensive periods and therefore presenting busy for the next caller.

Regards,

Ben.

The only way to resolve this on analog lines is to setup the lines so that the disconnect tone is only played to the IVR on the incoming calls, and not have the PBX/Telco play the Disconnect tone when the caller to whom VoiceGuide has dialed hangs up. (Some telcos setup their lines to act like that by default).

This is not a problems on T1/E1 ISDN systems the Dialogic card does not listen for any disconnect tones - the disconnect signal arrives via ISDN signaling.