VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Help With Transfer Script

Hi

I am currently designing an enhancement to some IVR scripts and was after some advice as to the best way forward.

basic script

On answering a call a customer is asked if this is an emergency via the play object & if they press (1) the path will be sent to the record message module. A urgent message will then be recorded by the record object. Now at the end of the message recording (eg Hang up) the message will be forwarded using the send message object.

2 questions...

1. On moving from the record message module I will ALWAYS want the customers message to be forwarded. Now the customer has been asked to press "1" if it is an emergency during the play module - but the record module looks to request/require another digit press to move on to the send module? I assume time out (0) wont allow any recording to be done so this cant be used...??? Whats the best way to record and then immediately move to the send module

2. We wish to use the send message object to find an actual person via a mobile...is there a way to identify a real connection - as opposed to leaving a message on a mobiles voice message bank?

thanks for any help and I hope I have explained our requirements adequatley.

btw I have used this product for 3-4 years and its by far the most reliable software my business uses.

1. On moving from the record message module I will ALWAYS want the customers message to be forwarded. Now the customer has been asked to press "1" if it is an emergency during the play module - but the record module looks to request/require another digit press to move on to the send module? I assume time out (0) wont allow any recording to be done so this cant be used...??? Whats the best way to record and then immediately move to the send module

The best approach here is to put the 'Send' module in the script that is ran at call end time - the 'On Hangup' script. See: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Call%20Finish.htm Then after recording just hangup the call and the On Hangup script will run.

This approach also handles callers dialing and, recording something and hanging up immediately after finishing talking (without pressing any further digits).

2. We wish to use the send message object to find an actual person via a mobile...is there a way to identify a real connection - as opposed to leaving a message on a mobiles voice message bank?

Will setting the Answering Machine option to "RETRY" be what you require? From http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/DialListInto.htm :

If RETRY is specified in this field then VoiceGuide will attempt dialing again if an answering machine is encountered (up to the maximum number of redials allowed).

thanks for quick answer

re problem 1 - I did think of this - but I already use the a hangup script to update a database with sql at the end of an order - ie down the first path (NOT an emergecy)

so am I effectivaly after 2 hang up scripts - 1 at the end of each path....??

re 2...

so rather then use the Send Module - I should use VoiceGuide COM interface function Dialer_OutDialQueAdd - and set machine answer to retry???

How does the dialogic board distinguish answering machine v voice?

thanks

The Hangup script can have more then one module in it. Just use a Success path to go from one module to the next.

I should use VoiceGuide COM interface function Dialer_OutDialQueAdd - and set machine answer to retry???
Yes.

How does the dialogic board distinguish answering machine v voice?
It has some frequency analysis algorithm that it uses.

Ok - I can set an expression to test and then have 2 paths in my hang up script - great...

Now with respect to the VoiceGuide COM interface function Dialer_OutDialQueAdd - I will be trying to excalate calls when a answering machine is found - but it looks like the best way to do this is use out dial file - xml Input...

Is this correct - if so how do I call the XML file -

(also Why does it say Voiceguide reads the file then deletes it.)

OR

do I loop through

COM interface function Dialer_OutDialQueAdd

??

I am trying to set up and outdial that

1) calls a number - if it finds a answering machine calls a second number and so on for 5 numbers

thanks

In the help file there are examples when loading calls using the XML file.

There are no example scripts provided showing dynamic call escalation using Dialer_OutDialQueAdd - but this is fairly simple to implement as you just make a Dialer_OutDialQueAdd call from within the script which (in your case) is ran when the Answering Machine is detected.

I think what I need is to know if there is a return value I can use in order to loop if needed

ie If answering machine detected = true?