VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

'state Display Disabled'

I know there's probably a good reason for the 'State Display Disabled' and removed Event Trace log screens in VG for Dialogic 6.0.3002 when using systems of more than 8 ports, however I really relied upon the Status Screen to show me that my 16 ports are actually answering calls, now I really cannot tell what's happening!

Is there anyway of turning the main Status Screen back on? The Event Trace log is not is important. If not, then I would need to consider reverting to an earlier version of VG, which seems like madness!

Sorry for the abrupt tone, but this a major feature of VoiceGuide is being able to see what is happening on each line without having to open log files.

I await your earliest possible response.

There is an application in the works which will function as a status screen by querying VG periodically for status via VG's COM interface.

The high volume of screen updates which were made during times of high system usage were found to be causing an intermittent (almost random-like) problem on some systems.

OK, thank you, any idea of the timeframe behind the new status screen development?

Support: I too would miss my "real-time" status display. Will this change be back-issued to the tapi software?

If I can take this opportunity to make a suggestion: maybe the current interface could be retained for say less than 32 or 16 lines?

Or give the user an option to enable/disable the display via "view" menu?

Just my 2cents.

Hi again,

Thanks for the Line Status Monitor. It is quite useful being able to see the status of each line on my own desktop without having to log-into the server itself using VNC etc.

May I suggest some features for future upgrades of the monitor?

1) Use login credentials (password etc.) when connecting to the server. This is because I currently have the line monitor on my laptop and connect to the server using port 14710 which is open on our firewall. It occured to me that anyone could do this which would obviously be undesirable.

2) Server name/ip address is remembered between start-ups of the line monitor. Currently the server name defaults to 127.0.0.1. However, my server name is different and it would be nice if the software remembered this.

3) Multiple server monitoring. I have three VoiceGuide servers and it would be nice to monitor all of them together in one place.

And this item is perhaps outside the scope of a line monitor but I thought I'd suggest it anyway:

4) Remote line hang-up. Ability to hang-up any line through the monitor. Again, this would save having to log-onto the server through VNC just to hang-up a line.

Best wishes.

Just noticed a small bug. Seems to be an text-encoding problem with the XML that is returned by VG. See screendump attached.

Best wishes.

post-2-1141743222.gif

Hi,

Sorry to be a pain, but any joy on the error shown in the post above? Would be nice if this was fixed because then I could leave my Line Monitor running all day!

Best wishes.

VG version 6.0.3107

Enterprise & VG Dialer

16 line license

WinXP service pack 2

I'm trying to use the Status Monitor V 1.1.0.0, everytime I open it, I receive the following error; The application failed to initilize properly (0xc0000135). Any ideas?Shame the status is no longer shown on the application, as it was quite handy to monitor at a glance

The application failed to initilize properly (0xc0000135).

Have not seen this one before...

Status Monitor required .NET 2.0 framework isntalled on the system - do you have .NET 2.0 installed?

OK, I take it that all is working fine now then.

It's strange that Windows did not advise you that .NET 2.0 needs to be installed - Windows is supposed to tell you that automatically whenever a .NET 2.0 based app is started and the pre-requisite .NET is not installed...

I've been running the Status Monitor (V1.1.0.0) for a few days now and have found that the application crashes several times a day (not Voiceguide). I have attached a screen shot of the error and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction?

Regards

Peter

post-2-1146228727.jpg

Looks like the Status monitor is having problems dealing with information sometimes returned from VoiceGuide. (looks like it's the Evaluate module's input expression on line 16)

We'll pass this bug onto our programmers. There should be a fix available for this soon.

Using the attached .exe should stop the problem encountered.

The .exe was sending incorrectly formatted XML status data - which was causing a problem with the LineStatusMonitor app.

VgMulti_6.0.3109.zip