VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Telstra Disconnect

Hi

I have been using voice guide on old system and has worked very well for over a year now. This was however using a dialogic board & ISA card.

Have recently upgraded to PCI card - D/4pciu - and installed in new computer - and about to purchase second line of Voiceguide

everything is working fine EXCEPT I cannot get system to register disconnect tones...

I firstly set up configuration as per previous topics for Telstra - Australia - no luck

I have then tried PBX expert (using a manual - second phone set up) and all signals are recognised and recorded EXCEPT the disconnect tone....

it attempts to do so and then just doesnt register the required paramters....

Please help if you able to - frustrating not to have this new system up and running

cheers!!

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printouts which captures the program startup and the problem, this will allow us to see what happened.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - then set log level to 9 and restart VG and make a call.

best if you could run a script which just does a record, and hangup soon after script answers the call. then post the recording as well as the traces (MMDDvgm.txt and MMDDtw.txt)

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

I tried these the first time a while back

just tried once more - and again still same problem

Ive also just noticed the system isnt reading Caller Id like it used to - do you know what I have adjust for this also?

thanks

I tried these the first time a while back

just tried once more - and again still same problem

Have you restarted the VoiceGuide service (or just restarted the computer) after the changes were made?

The CallerID should just work... have you tried answering the call after 2 rings (or more)

I have restarted computer

not sure by what you mean to restart vg service but I have also turned this on and off

I have it set answering after 4 rings

Not sure why it is not working then...

The frequency detection settings are right - we even checked your recording just to be sure...

And CallerID usually just works....

Maybe you could try using the VG for Dialogic patch and see if you get better results with that...

what is VG for dialogic patch - pls point me to link

next step was to remove everything and start again and see if its an installation issue

re-installing the whole system - including op system has fixed issue

thanks for the time anyway

cheers

guys

as I said I reinstaleld everything and this worked fine

I therefore bought my second line update and jsut updated rego code....system NO longer recoignises disconnect tone!!

what should I do/try now?

I notice that in my update when testing its identifying the lines as 7 and 8 - is this unusual - I expected it to be 1 and 2.

It's not unusual for LineIDs to be starting at higher then 1. It all depends what else is installed on your system.

ok

so what else can I try re - the disconnect tone

as I said it worked ok after re-installing - but NOT after I upgraded to a two line system this morning

also - you once mentioned VG for dialogic patch - but never explained where or what this is

VG for Dialogic patch can be downloaded from our Downloads page.

Not sure why you are seeing behavior with disconnect tone detection as you describe...

Probably best to try using VG for Dialogic.

It sounds like the Dialogic TAPI drivers are playing up on your system for some reason.

VG for Dialogic does not use the TAPI drivers.

Ok completed this

reduced qualtiy of voice recording and Still DOES NOT recognise disconnect tones..................

and it lost caller ID - so i increased rings to 4 and system doesnt connect any incoming call at all....

Is there anybody i can pay to come and fix this??

losing caller ID has happened to me when I was using the TAPI version and upgraded to dialogic. What fixed it for me was to uninstall all dialog software and try again with a clean start with VG Dialogic, and reinstalling DCM. Hope that helps you.

thks

so order should be to remove dialogic and re-install dialogic?

but level VG as is?

Here what I did or would do:

Uninstall VG, Uninstall All Dialogic Software (the one downloaded from Intel's website), Service Packs, Feature Packs. Then reboot PC, and re install in the following order: intel's dialogic software (sorry can't remember the exact name for it) its available at intel's website, Service Pack 1 or Feature Pack depending what version of windows your using. Then VG for dialogic. make sure you do not install the Tapi drivers because those are not used. Then run ur dialogic software to detect the boards, then open VG, and try it.

Don't hate me if that doesn't solve ur problem, but at least if it doesn't solve it, it will save you from more future problems. I hope that the VG Support team don't mind my 2 cents

thanks

What do you meabe by not installing the tapi drivers - or uninstalling them?

dont worry I wont hold you accountable !!

In the online help files, the instructions for dialogic version are mixed with the TAPI Version instructions, and when skimming through its easy to miss that the dialogic version does not require all the instructions provided, such as loading drivers. Dialogic version is a lot easier as all configurations are done in few files such as config.xml and configline.xml in the VG subdirectory.

One more thing, I just remembered, you might want to backup your VG Script Files so you do not loose them (just in case). Once reinstalled you can easily reload the files from your saved location.

Thanks

I think I may have found the issue

I purchase this new card D/4PCIU and was also given cd of drivers and was assured that this would be ok FOR WIN XP....(my old system is running on NT)

I think I see that I also need the Feature Pack(?) drivers which I will have to purchase - does this sound correct???

If I do need this guys at Katalina can you please quote?

Don't think the FP1 release would improve things here...

We can only authorised to supply drivers for cards purchased from us.

You will need to get the drivers from Intel or from your card supplier.

Ok - this is my last crack before I revert back to my old system and forget about the upgrade!!!

you mentioned in post that .................

As you are using the D4PCI board in Australia, the Australia Release Notes for that card also state that you should set the "Parameter File" to "an_d4p.prm" This setting may affect the tone detection reliability so it's important to set it to the correct value.

Release notes shipped with the card are different from country to country - so it's important to read the Dialogic card's release notes to see what if anything should be specified in this parameter to make the card work correctly with the telephone lines which are used in a particular country...................

Now I have found that when ever I define this parameter file - the dialogic board will not start as a service...it will only start with this field left blank...

does this sound strange??

It does sound a bit strange. We don't usually have problems starting cards after specifying the parameter file.