VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Adding Multiple Call Lists To The Vg Dialer

I work in a research institution. We have several projects in development which are going to use VG to call subjects. In the near future we are going to want to load call lists from more than one study on a particular day.

If I load the call list from study number 1. Then attempt to load one or more additional call lists, will VG keep all the lists in memory? Or will VG delete the previous call list when attempting to load the second?

I'm confused because after loading the OutDialQue.mdb, voice guide loads the numbers internally and deletes the OutDial Que.mdb. After it dumps the outdialque. If I load the next list what happens?

I hope i'm making this clear. Any technical information on this would be helpful, Thanks, Steve

As new list are loaded VGDialer will just add them to the list of calls which need to be made. Nothing is deleted.

I'm confused because after loading the OutDialQue.mdb, voice guide loads the numbers internally and deletes the OutDial Que.mdb.

No, it does not do that...

If you load the new calls using the OutDial_New.xml then that text input file is deleted after they are read in.

All outgoing calls are stored in the OutDial Que.mdb database. (In 'VG for Dialogic' they can also be stored in an MSSQL version of OutDial Que.mdb)

It's easy for you to test all this yourself - just load in a few numbers using the OutDial_New.xml and then see what is in the OutDial Que.mdb database - you will see all the loaded calls in the database.