VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Problems starting Dialogic SR5.1.1 on Win2003

I was curious if there are any suggestions on where to find the Dialogic Card D/4PCI on a Windows 2003 Server. It will find the card. The Diag program will test it and come back all tests passed and no errors found but the service will not start.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Which System Release drivers are you using?

Dialogic cards usually just start OK when you place them in a PC. 'Service not starting' is pretty hard to diagnose and can be due to many other factors - like interrupt clashes or memory address space clashes.

I'd try moving card to different slots in the computer and having a better look at the PCI bus config in the computer's BIOS.

If you have access to SR6.0 I'd try using that as well - it has some better tools to help you find out what is the actual problem behind the 'Service not starting' message.

Got the card to fire up. Card is running but now can't get VG to give it as one the suggestions in the Config Wizard.

By the way I am using System 5.1.1 SP1 and VG version 5.2.3018 Enterprise Multiline with one line license on a Windows 2003 SP2 P4 rack mount machine.

Thank you for your help with this. After adding the winstrm.dll to the System32 folder that got the card up and running.

Then followed your instructions on the TAPI driver and Wave Driver. Everything is working great now.

Thanks again.

winstrm.dll

This sounds like the same solution to problems encountered (and resolved) by others here: http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1373

Apparently, SR5.1.1 SP1 and FP1 relies on a winstrm.dll which has been removed from Windows 2003. This DLL was present in Windows XP and 2000. So, if you copy this DLL file from WinXP to Win2003, it should work.

Looks like SR6.0 fixes this problem on Win2003 as we installed SR6.0 on Win2003 and used it with no problems.