VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Register VG SIP

Hello, I'm trying to register a SIP again with VG and I'm failing again.

The PBX manufacturer (I mean SWYX) says that the SIP requests authorization without a user number.

See image 1 png.

I use the following configuration. what can I do?

<VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Registration>
<Display></Display>
<Protocol></Protocol>
<RegServer>192.168.20.179</RegServer>
<RegClient>998@192.168.20.179</RegClient>
<LocalAlias>998@192.168.20.75</LocalAlias>
<Expires></Expires>
</VoIP_Registration>

</VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Authentications>

<VoIP_Authentication>
<Display></Display>
<Realm></Realm>
<Identity></Identity>
<AuthUsername>998</AuthUsername>
<AuthPassword>2022998</AuthPassword>
</VoIP_Authentication>

1.png

Your configuration looks good, but we'd recommend checking the SWYX IpPbx configuration as per below:

We installed SWYX v13.20.0.0 (released on 19.09.2022) on one of our demo systems and found that we needed to make settings in a few places in SWYX before we were able to do a SIP REGISTER with it.

In order to successfully do a SIP REGISTER with SWYX we had to do this:

1. The user's "Name" had to match the "Internal Number" assigned to that user.

2. The user's "SIP User ID" (set on the "SIP" tab) had to match the "Internal Number" assigned to that user.

3. The SIP Authentication had to be set in two places. In the "Administration properties for the User" window on the "SIP" tab, and on the "Authentication" tab (in the "Authenticate via User Name and Password" section), and both authentications enabled.

4. The Login and Password in the "Authentication" tab's "Authenticate via User Name and Password" section has to match the "SIP User ID" and "SIP Password" used on the "SIP" tab.

otherwise we would be getting "403 Forbidden" errors returned to us from SWYX IpPbx...

Here is a screenshot of SWYX IpPbx configuration that works:

image.thumb.png.c41d27937145cfc8d98d25198a801eb6.png

image.png.f2d2f8ca5c957c9daff1eb8c66cbe123.png

image.png.798d460c1a0ab44f9f1adb41eb34e3fc.png

See below for WireShark trace from our test that did a successful REGISTER with SWYX IpPbx.

WireShark trace file:

swyx_register.pcapng

image.thumb.png.04f907fe5e81364b07b9675dcbc40521.png

Our Configuration in VoiceGuide's Config.xml was:

<VoIP_Lines>

<VoIP_Registrations>
<VoIP_Registration>
<Protocol>SIP</Protocol>
<RegServer>10.1.40.166</RegServer>
<RegClient>101@10.1.40.166</RegClient>
<LocalAlias></LocalAlias>
</VoIP_Registration>
</VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Authentications>
<VoIP_Authentication>
<Realm></Realm>
<Identity></Identity>
<AuthUsername>101</AuthUsername>
<AuthPassword>000000</AuthPassword>
</VoIP_Authentication>
</VoIP_Authentications>

</VoIP_Lines>

(the above is inside the Config.xml's <VoiceGuideConfig>...</VoiceGuideConfig> section)

If you still encounter problems please post the full WireShark trace capturing all the SIP packets exchanged, and the VoiceGuide ktTel trace, which will let us see what version of HMP is used and other settings used.

The PBX manufacturer (I mean SWYX) says that the SIP requests authorization without a user number.

The Username is there in your screenshot. There is a "Username=998" entry in that screenshot, and username is also set in the "To", "From" and "Contact" headers. Not every SIP device/stack also includes username in the "uri" part of the "Authorization" field.

Also, if you run into SIP REGISTER or connectivity problems with other PBXs it's good to ask them to show what config is needed to have it working with a widely used SIP soft-phone - eg: MicroSIP ( https://www.microsip.org/ ). Once the PBX works with pretty much any of the widely used SIP soft-phones you'll most likely find that that this same configuration will work with VoiceGuide as well.

For completeness, here is the WireShark capture showing VoiceGuide's initial successful REGISTER with SWYX IpPbx, and successful follow-up refresh REGISTERs sent from VoiceGuide every 90 seconds afterwards:

image.thumb.png.298fc6169930dcb57686c9272ea4b456.png

trace: swyx_register_ongoing.pcapng

Our customer tried to make the settings on the SWYX. I then have to register the SIP with this config file.

Can you have a look of this... see attached

<VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Registration>
<Display></Display>
<Protocol>SIP</Protocol>
<RegServer>192.168.20.179</RegServer>
<RegClient>998@192.168.20.179</RegClient>
<LocalAlias></LocalAlias>
<Expires></Expires>
</VoIP_Registration>

</VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Authentications>

<VoIP_Authentication>
<Display></Display>
<Realm></Realm>
<Identity></Identity>
<AuthUsername>998</AuthUsername>
<AuthPassword>2022998</AuthPassword>
</VoIP_Authentication>

</VoIP_Authentications>

2022-11-15_998.pcapng

Trace shows that SWYX is responding to the initial REGISTER request from VoiceGuide/HMP first REGISTER with 401, as expected, and VoiceGuide/HMP then sends another REGISTER that time time includes the response to the nonce challenge.

Looks like SWYX does not correctly process that response, and just issues another 401 instead... So again we are seeing that SWYX is not handling the SIP Authentication as expected.

Note that you are using a different version of Swyx then the one that we verified operation with.

You are using v13.10 of SWYX : Swyx IpPbxSrv/13.10 (Core.Release.13.1x-20220126-1524-13.10)

and we verified with the latest available at the time, v13.20 : Swyx IpPbxSrv/13.20 (Core.Release.13.2x-20220913-1934-13.20)

Have you verified that any commonly used SIP Softphone can register as extension with SWYX? eg: MicroSIP ( https://www.microsip.org/ )

You next step would be to either:

1) Update SWYX to version that we verified operation with - and and make sure the SWYX setting are as we listed in that previous post.

or:

2) Set up a SIP Trunk on the SWYX that just points to the VoiceGuide/HMP IP address, and just have calls sent down that SIP trunk. SIP trunks to direct IP addresses are usually set up with no Authentication. VoiceGuide/HMP does not need authentication to answer incoming calls. VoiceGuide/HMP will just answer any calls arriving at it's IP address.

Given SWYX compatibility issues when it comes to Digest Authentications, the second approach - SIP Trunk with no Authentication - would be a better approach.

image.thumb.png.b9f6bd9e4ff8ed7ea40694a60aa0402f.png

image.thumb.png.78777a67def64b2050bff37f2619cf55.png

image.thumb.png.1e826a661cd8390935f6b99023ecbce0.png

Hello, now it seem the registration has worked.

Attached the pcapng.

but when i try to call the number I get "the number you have dialed is not available"

what can go wrong here
Do you need the VG-Script?

SIP-Register.pcapng

StatusMonitor.png

Trace shows the SIP REGISTER being done successfully - without even any 401 Unauthorized password challenges issued. (probably because password is not set in Swyx IpPbx?).

Trace does not show any call attempts from either device. If you were trying to get Swyx to call VoiceGuide then you should ask Swyx support as to why Swyx did not even attempt a call...

image.png.9c518cf5adc110db4a3a3356b8a6e472.png

Hello VoiceGuide Team, I checked and logged the registration with the Swyx Administrator. With PhonerLite you can register, call and be called. This is not possible with VoiceGuide. Attached are the logs with Wireshark. I don't think we can get any further without online support (Teamviewer). What can we do? We would actually like to use the licenses, but since it's not working at the moment, I don't see an option.

2022-12-21.zip

Is SWYX showing the extension as registered when no password is used?

Traces show that it's answering with a OK in response to a REGISTER request:

image.png.c5f2b0f572a382a2843b7ae7ab4a6bc2.png

but the above trace then doesn't show any call attempts in either direction.

Have you tried making calls?

The phonerlite trace suggests that a password was set in SWYX when tht test was done. was the password set? Have you tried using phonerlite with no password?

image.thumb.png.efd550f9ec178bf9551ce066e917573f.png

the version of SWYX used is now: Swyx IpPbxSrv/13.20 (Core.Release.13.2x-20220913-1934-13.20)

Have you gone through and configured SWYX as per our steps listed in:

Hello VoiceGuide Team, the PhoneLite can make calls both with and without a password. VoiceGuide doesn't. 
I have no chance to register and use VoiceGuide.
Now I have a second customer who is testing this... unfortunately the same effect. PhoneLite can make calls directly! VoiceGuide cannot register.

What's the problem with VoiceGuide not offering online support? 
I can give you e.g. a Teamviewer Session and you can configure VoiceGuide and the SIP-Line

My customers and I have already invested several hours in this topic but with no result!
VoiceGuide doesn't want to sell the license?
Frank

SWYX looks to require by default for information in SIP messages to be presented in format other then how its sent by Dialogic HMP.

In second post of this thread we indicated what other configurations can be made in SWYX that result in SWYX then processing the Dialogic HMP's SIP messages and completing the SIP Registration. Have you tried configuring SWYX as per that post?

Yes, we tested the configuration in the second post. Unfortunately without success!

Now the third customer has asked for SIP and I really have reservations about offering this to him.
Frank

If you can post your configuration details and the WireShark traces then we can better see what is happening on your system and maybe we can advise something.

Is the new customer also using SWYX as the PBX?