VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Auto Dialer..not Dial!

Hi,

we are registered users of VoiceGuide and we are trying to test the Auto Dialer.

We have set a simple test script to simule a (simple, again) marketing outgoing call.

Our problem is that the software cannot dial ANY number we try to set!

We have tried with two different modems, both correctly operating with VoiceGuide: with both modems Auto Dialer simply queues requested outgoing calls, without executing it, anytime.

Attached the log generated after the request of dialing a single number (from the edit box):

115653,21 0 init saving dialer settings

115653,45 0 db database opened

115653,48 0 info Do Not Call List Loading...

115653,51 0 dnc Do No Call List file not specified

115653,52 0 info Do Not Call List Load Finished 0

115653,55 0 load text box numbers start

115653,57 0 info Text Box Numbers Loading...

115653,65 0 load text box numbers end

115653,67 0 db database closed

115653,70 0 info Finished queued:1 rejected:0

115654,44 0 info file : 0 explicittly listed loaded OK

115654,47 0 info file : 0 explicittly listed rejected (Do Not Call List)

115654,49 0 info file : 0 explicittly listed rejected (Other)

115654,51 0 info file : 0 expanded from template loaded OK

115654,55 0 info file : 0 expanded from template rejected (Do Not Call List)

115654,58 0 info file : 0 expanded from template rejected (Other)

115654,61 0 info text : 0 explicittly listed loaded OK

115654,67 0 info text : 0 explicittly listed rejected (Do Not Call List)

115654,70 0 info text : 0 explicittly listed rejected (Other)

115654,88 0 info text : 1 expanded from template loaded OK

115655,05 0 info text : 0 expanded from template rejected (Do Not Call List)

115655,26 0 info text : 0 expanded from template rejected (Other)

115655,44 0 info TOTAL : 1 loaded OK

115655,61 0 info TOTAL : 0 rejected

If someone can help...thanks in advance

Marco Cirinei

HappySoft Srl

The log shows a successful addition of a number to be called into the database.

Can you please post the OutDialQue.mdb database here and we'll have a look at what is in it (OutDialQue.mdb is in VoiceGuide's \data\ subdirectory)

Ok, in the attached zip file you have the three files (also mdb file) modified after we try to make a call with Auto Dialer.

Thanks

Marco Cirinei

HappySoft Srl

OutDialQue.zip

Database had no entries in it...

Why did you include the "OutDial_Uncontactable_NoAnswer.txt" file? Does that file include what you attempted to dial?

If the mdb file is empty..is up to you to try to give an answer ;) - finally, is the reason of our message to support forum!

The txt file was included because my collegue saw that it changed too after our try to make Auto DIaler dial a number: what's inside is under your eyes (we never touched it).

Any idea? Any other test?

Thanks

Marco Cirinei

HappySoft Srl

If the OutDial_Uncontactable_NoAnswer.txt has an entry in it then it appears that the call was attempted but the dialed number did not answer...

Could you please provide a trace from VoiceGuide as well which is capturing what happens with VoiceGuide after the number to be called is added using the telephone number loader.

Probably best to just stop VG, delete OutDialQue.mdb and any other OutDial*.txt files in VoiceGuide's \data\ subdirectory, then start VG again and use the Telephone number loader - and then post the resulting traces...

Ok,

if I well understood what you say: we make what you want (stop VG, delete OutDialQue.mdb, ecc.ecc.) and attached one zip file with, once more, the mdb, ldb, txt files and the generated log files (I hope this is what you call "trace").

If this can help you: the modem seems to try to make the call (a flash of leds) but it never goes "on hook" (we never hear the sound of the telephone line). I repeat that we test it on two completely different modems.

Thanks again.

Marco Cirinei

HappySoft Srl

OutDial.zip

trace shows that the version that you are using does not have VG Dialer enabled:

122514,26 0 VG Dialer option not enabled

and that is why the immediately after finding the entry to be dialed VoiceGuide just moved the entry into an "Uncontactable" file.

I searched through customer records and it does look like you have purchased only the "Professional" version of the software, without the dialer. To purchase the dialer as well please see our WWW based order form.

Ok, thanks for the answer.

If the application warned us in some manner of the problem (I think I have, instead, read about some trial period for dialer!) we had not to search for an answer in this Forum.

We have just purchased the upgrade to the dialer and wait for unlock codes.

Best regards.

Marco Cirinei

HappySoft Srl