VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Paging & Email issues

Analog line using a 4 port dialogic card.  (Only one line active)

I was able to get an incoming call to transfer to a cell phone

I can not get the email module to send emails

I can not get the paging module to page.  (When I listen in on the line I do not hear the system dialing out)

AutoAttendant.vgs

Can you please post the VoiceGuide trace files capturing the calls.

We can then see what is happening on the system and advise.

The traces are found in VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory.

You can just .ZIP up all the files in VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory and post the .ZIP here.

vgEngine trace shows this for the email module:

232250.108  18                     AddEmailToSend from:LifesafeXR1@Gmail.Com|VoiceMail, to:LifesafeXR1@Gmail.Com, cc:, bcc:, reply:LifesafeXR1@Gmail.Com, subj:VOICE-EMAIL, att:, usertoken:(<to>LifesafeXR1@Gmail.Com</to><subject>VOICE-EMAIL</subject><guid>2c4e8ca2-ce22-43c2-9e85-1d87c0095771</guid>) smtp:ssl:smtp.gmail.com|587 ssl:True timeout:1800sec, sParamsXml:
232250.160  18                     SmtpClient created ok
232250.168  18                     setting EnableSsl as port = 587
232250.168  18                     .Host=smtp.gmail.com .Port=587 .EnableSsl=True sCredentialUserName=[LifesafeXR1@Gmail.Com]

232250.870  29               email EmailSendCompletedCallback - email send error. <to>LifesafeXR1@Gmail.Com</to><subject>VOICE-EMAIL</subject><guid>2c4e8ca2-ce22-43c2-9e85-1d87c0095771</guid> System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.0 Authentication Required.

So looks like maybe the password is incorrect?

We just tested email sending from VoiceGuide 7.6.39 through smtp.gmail.com port 587 - just like you are doing - and the email was sent out with no errors and arrived at destination address ok.

VoiceGuide v7 currently ships with the older v6 Script Designer which still has the Pager Message module in its GUI, but that module is not supported in VoiceGuide v7.

To send a pager message in VoiceGuide v7 you need to use the Send Email or Web Service modules to send the email through the paging company's email->pager or web service->pager gateways.

I re-installed the password and verified I have the correct one.

The photo is the version VG we were using for years and functioned great but our modem died.  

The new version is somewhat hard to setup.  I have been trying for a month now.  Is there an older version maybe closer to what we had, even getting the pager to work??

I have included the script and history from today where I tried getting VG to send an Email.  Hopefully you can try running the program and see if it will send.  If it does I should also be able to know it worked if the email comes to me.  I am tired of using an answering service and need to get this working

THANKS

HISTORY.zip

AutoAttendant.vgs

VG_VER_2_6.jpg

If you run Outlook or Thunderbird email client on this same system are you able to send/receive emails OK?

I will look at the link you sent

As for the older ver, yep it's old.  I would still be using it if I could find a accura voice modem

Before I tried the Google email I tried the Outlook email.  It didn't work there either so I tried Google.  There was a sample of how to set it up on Google so I tried it.  Can you send me how outlook should be set up and I will try it again  

I really have to get our system up.  I have tried a couple other emails today and still it is not working.

Can you check the logs and see if there is anything else I can do

If all else fails, can I go backwards to ver 5 or 6?

Please help me getting this working.  I wish we could communicate live so I can try things as you critique them

~john~

VG_log.zip

Please install the Outlook program (part of MS Office) or the Thunderbird program (https://www.thunderbird.net) on the same PC that is used by VoiceGuide and confirm that receiving from Gmail and sending emails out through Gmail works with that program.

I installed outlook on the computer.  The email I wanted to use for VoiceGuide was the Lifesafe.Net.  I only tried to use Gmail when the other service didn't work

I put the Lifesafe.Net back in the script and tried it again just now and it still isn't working.  I am however able to send & rec mail normaly using outlook.  VG isn't able to do it.

Sounds like you are able to receive/send emails from/to Lifesafe.Net using Outlook.

What about emails from/to Gmail? Can you receive/send emails from/to Gmail using Outlook?

The outlook email is on the desktop computer the VG is installed on.  I have both accounts Lifesafe.Net & Gmail.Com on it

Both send & receive correctly.  Do not know why VG doesn't send.

By the way, I want the Lifesafe.Net account to be used with VG

Would I have better luck with version 5 or 6.  Would that also allow me to use the paging feature as well??

~john~

Do you perhaps have any anti-virus type software on this system? Anti-virus could be stopping the sending out of emails from programs other then known email clients.

Does your paging company have a web-service gateway that you can use instead?

Version 5 is for TAPI/Wave devices only (incl voice modems).

Version 6 is no longer available.

This computer just recently had win10 installed on it.  No other software other than what comes with win10.  I did disable the default protection that come with windows.

It still isn't working.   What TAPI and modem devices are compatable with ver 5 and how much is the software?

No idea why the emails are not getting sent then.

As a workaround you can try just using a VBScript to send the email.

Here is an example VBScript that sends an email:

Set objMessage = CreateObject("CDO.Message")

objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpusessl") = True
objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2
objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = "smtp.gmail.com"
objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = 465    
objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate") = 1
objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername") = "myuser@gmail.com"
objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword") = "mypassword"
objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Update

objMessage.Subject = "subject"
objMessage.From = "myuser@gmail.com"    
objMessage.To = "someone@domain"  
objMessage.HTMLBody = "plain text or html body text"

objMessage.Send

'----------

If Err Then
    rtmsg = "ERROR " & Err.Number & ": " & Err.Description
    Err.Clear()
Else
    rtmsg = "Message sent OK"
End If
MsgBox(rtmsg)

Amend above to match your needs and save as .VBS file on your system. Then you can run it by just double clicking the file, or run it from command prompt.

After testing you can then run the same using VoiceGuide's "Run VBScript" module.

There are many other command line tools out there which you could also use instead, and call those from VoiceGuide's "Run Program" module.

We do not keep track of what TAPI/Wave devices out there are compatible with v5.

The VBScript is not working? When you save it as a .VBS file (and fill out with right data) and then run it by double clicking that .VBS file its not working? What is the error shown in the message box?

v5 can be downloaded from our WWW Downloads page. See towards bottom of that at page.

Your need to use a basic text editor like Windows' Notepad or similar.

The current contents of your TestSend.vbs look like this now:

image.thumb.png.b018bda0f7a1b1c2dbfb4dc84fa2d0f3.png

Whatever editor you currently used it did not save the file as a basic text file...

As you see in the photo I am using NOTEPAD but it still errors the same.

I opened a new Google account to test VG.  I enclosed the user (VGpaging)  and password (Remote!Access)

I was hoping you can try it there then send the file to me to try here

~john~

Test_VG.jpg

The screenshot shows different text to the sample VBScript provided in our post...

Paste the text from our post into Notepad, edit the username and password and the from/to email addresses, save to .VBS file and run that .VBS file by double-clicking...

I am really frustrated.  I either do not know what I am doing, my software/hardware isn't capable of doing what I want to do, Gmail has issues, or your software doesn't do what I want to do.   I recently sent you a newly opened Gmail account for testing purposes.  The Username and password were enclosed. 

Please write the VBS script to eliminate my software isn't writing it correctly and if you can run it to see if the Gmail servers will process it.  You have the password to view the test message to verify it worked.

If all went well send me the file and I will run it here.  This will eliminate that part of the guess work.

The user (VGpaging)  and password (Remote!Access)