VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Run-time Error 339

Been using old version of VG for years on Win7 but now switching to Win10 Pro with same hardware, using dual-boot.  Installed DialogicSR_for_VoiceGuide_275 and  VoiceGuide_7.6.39.

Though in trial mode, it seems to be picking up calls properly, but when I try to open Voiceguide.exe I get the Run-time 339, component ktTel.ocx not registered correctly.  Screenshot attached.

ScreenHunter_02 Feb. 01 11.31.jpg

Looks like you have that older version of VoiceGuide still installed on your system.

Please uninstall the old version, and open the VoiceGuide apps from the newly installed shortcuts in the 'Start' menu or from the VoiceGuide icon in the icon tray in bottom right corner.

I uninstalled the old version, but now there is no Start Menu Voiceguide folder.  To purchase a new licence, you say to go to " Start -> Program Files -> VoiceGuide menu and start the License Manager".  I also tried reinstalling the current Voiceguide version.  Thanks.

Can you see the VoiceGuide .EXEs in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide" directory?

Can you see the VoiceGuide service status icon in the "icon tray" area in bottom right of the screen?

Can you please post a screenshot of what files are in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide" directory.

May be best to just delete the entire "C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide" directory and run the VoiceGuide v7 installer again.

(make sure you keep a copy of any of your scripts and sound files)

The VG service status icon is correctly showing in the tray.  I closed it, renamed the VG Program Files folder, and reinstalled.  Still no Start Menu VG directory.  Attached some screenshots.

ScreenHunter_01 Feb. 02 15.12.jpg

ScreenHunter_02 Feb. 02 15.13.jpg

Some old .EXEs can still be seen in that directory. eg: How did the old vgStatusMonitor.exe from 2007 get there? (current status monitor is called vgLineStatus.exe)

VoiceGuide installer creates a log file which keeps a record of how the installation progressed. That file is named installLog.txt and is in the main VoiceGuide directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide).

Can you please post the installLog.txt here.

Regrading to why you can't see the Start menu entries - are you doing all installations at the computer (and not while remotely logged-in in some way) and when logged in as a user with Administrator privileges?

Maybe try running the VoiceGuide installer "As Administrator". Right click on the installer .exe and select "Run as Administrator" from the context menu that pops up.

Maybe I screenshot the wrong folder.  Here is a fresh shot install of VoiceGuide_7.6.39.exe.  I think permissions is the issue even though I'm running this as Administrator.  When I log into the admin account, the VG Start menu folder is there.  But this workstation needs to be a user account when VG is running, so how do I resolve this?  thanks.

ScreenHunter_01 Feb. 03 08.53.jpg

Can you please post the installLog.txt file here. installLog.txt is in the main VoiceGuide directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide).

Did you run the installers at the computer and not while remotely logged-in in some way ?

Did you run the VoiceGuide installer "As Administrator"? (Right click on the installer .exe and select "Run as Administrator" from the context menu that pops up.)

Looks like the v7.6.39 installer (and prior versions) was only installing the Start menu shortcuts for the user under which the installer was ran.

And as the installer requires Administrator level privileges, the shortcuts were installed only for the Administrator level user whose login was used to run the installer...

The latest point release of the installer (for v7.6.40) now creates shortcuts that are accessible for all users on the system.

Please download the just released installer and run it. The shortcuts should be created for the non-Admin user as well.

The new version fixed everything.  Just purchased a new licence.  

On our old VG, we had everything auto-start on Windows boot rather than having to right-click the Monitor.  How can I get that on the new version?  Command Line?  Thanks.

VoiceGuide should auto-start on Windows reboot, without requiring to log in any user.

VoiceGuide v7 runs as a Windows Service.

The Service Monitor app lets you stop and start the VoiceGuide Windows Service (as well as launch other often used VoiceGuide apps) but you should see that status monitor showing that the service is running after any restart.

You can confirm the VoiceGuide Windows Service starting options in the Windows' Services app. VoiceGuide Service also automatically starts the Dialogic service, but you can also set the Dialogic service to start itself - this can be done using Windows' Services app or through menu options in Dialogic Configuration Manager.

Is it not auto-starting on your system? If it's not then do you see any errors in the Windows' Event Viewer?

Maybe try setting the VoiceGuide Service 'Startup Type' to be: "Automatic (Delayed Start)" and see if this results in service starting correctly? (see below screenshot)

voiceguide service settings.png