VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

get the call channel information and put it in call-flow

I would like to ask how how to get the call channel information in voice guide and put it in call-flow? I can know nearly real time of which channel's status and where the call is in the flow. Thank you.

Is this the same question as the one below?

What channel information do you need? What port the call is on? Or something else?

The Line Status Monitor app shows in real-time what each channel is doing. Do you need to have something in addition to the information displayed by that app?

I need to have something in addition to the information displayed by that app. I need to know the module that the caller is using. Thank you.

The Line Status Monitor shows the module each call is in. The title of current module is shown in the "Status" column.

Can you please describe in detail what you are trying to achieve. Maybe with example script of what you are trying to do.

Thank you. I want to know where is Line Status Monitor app ? I am trying to do a call flow which is for caller to enquire  some information. The caller need to login. I need to select the data for using database module. Also, I need to repeat the data  from database using play module. Also, the caller can go to different module by pressing different digit. I need to use a TTS to generate dynamic voice like repeat the input digit and read the date time for booking from a website as well. Most importantly, I need to know the module that the caller is using and caller has id , because of user requirement.

Click on the VoiceGuide status icon in the Icon Tray and select "Line Status"

line_status.png.d963890251e8d35f3a0a353ccfce4e9f.png

or go to Windows' Start Menu -> VoiceGuide.

The EXE is at: C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\vgLineStatus.exe

Line Status app looks like this:

line_status_wnd.thumb.png.7bf7926c2498cfc2713671c1a27036f4.png

You can also attach your own program to the same API that Line Status is using. You can access those APIs using WCF or HTTP REST (with JSON or XML formatted returns).

There is also a sample web based dashboard that uses that same API and shows the status of all the ports in a web browser.

Check out these API and dashboard addresses:

http://localhost:7131/PortStatus?wsdl

http://localhost:7131/v1?wsdl

http://localhost:7140/status/port-grid.html

The port-grid.html is served from this directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\System\web\status\port-grid.html

This Result Variable gets replaced with the current module title:

$RV_CurrentModule

but if you are sending this information out using a Database Query module etc the you can just hardcore this value...

So still not clear why you need to read from the system what module the caller is in.

How are you going to be using this information?

Why can't you just include your own tag/name in the various modules that send data out of the system?

The user may want to know whether the caller has problem to use in each system. I am going to be using this information to upload to web server for user to check caller status. Thank you.

So at various points during the callflow you will insert 'web service' modules that send data to web server advising that caller has reached this stage of callflow, yes?

The data sent from each of those modules can be hard-coded. eg. this can be sent to web server: "$RV_CIDNUMBER reached stage 1"

Also the "CallEvents" trace shows what happened on each call, along with user selections made, timestamps. etc. you can upload that file at end of the day and analyze the event lists stored in that file. The "CallEvents" trace is in VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory.

Also, for tasks like reading back digits and dates you do not have to use TTS. Please see:

https://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/modsaynumber.htm

https://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/soundfiles.htm

I would like to can VoiceGuide show the REAL TIME STATUS of a call? Users want to see what function a channel is doing, so as to confirm if they can stop a channel. Thank you.

The Line Status app shows the real time status of each call/channel. It shows what each channel is doing in real-time. Have you tried using it?

There are also APIs that you can use to retrieve the information that the Line Status app shows, but I guess that you just want to be able to see each line is doing, yes? The Line Status app does this. You can also run the Line Status app from remote systems, you just need to specify the address of the VoiceGuide system to monitor.

Thank you. I would like to ask can the Line Status app record the real time status of each call/channel? How can do it? Such as using VBS or PHP programe.

The log of real-time status of each call/channel is saved in the "CallEvents" trace .

Please see the post in this thread from 5 days ago. From that post:

Also the "CallEvents" trace shows what happened on each call, along with user selections made, timestamps. etc. you can upload that file at end of the day and analyze the event lists stored in that file. The "CallEvents" trace is in VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory.

I would like to ask how multi-channels activities are shown in  "CallEvents" trace ? Will activities of different channels shown in different paragraphs? Please refer to the attachment. Also, I would like to ask if the call has entered into some scripts (VBScript or JavaScript or JScript) which I developed, the Voiceguide log will only show that the call has entered such script, but can not know which part of the script it is running, is it correct?

Looks like the system is right now hanging up on the calls without answering them?

Perhaps the VoiceGuide callflow needs to be fixed?

Will activities of different channels shown in different paragraphs?

Yes.

if the call has entered into some scripts (VBScript or JavaScript or JScript) which I developed, the Voiceguide log will only show that the call has entered such script, but can not know which part of the script it is running, is it correct?

Yes. Details of VBScript/JavaScript/etc are not saved in CallEvents log.

It's the time when that event took place:

10:59:16.764 AM

10:59 AM and 16 seconds and 764 milliseconds.

Thank you. I would like to ask How can I know how many seconds a process has run? For instance, every module start and stop to run.

You can look at the timestamp of when the process/state started and then compare with the timestamp of when the next process/state started.