VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vonage phone lines for an Chatline with the software

Hi 

i  am purchasing  Enterprise + dialer - with 12 line  port  for a chat line  -  can i  get  phones lines  from vonage  or  do i have to use standard phone  lines  for it  to  work  with your  software?

Please tell me what my options are?

Thanks 

Angie m

You can use traditional telephone lines, or you can use VoIP lines over your internet connection. VoiceGuide works with both.

If you will use traditional telephone lines the you will need to purchase a Dialogic card. eg: for 12 analog lines you need a Dialogic D120JCT card. D120JCT can handle 12 analog lines.

If you use VoIP lines then you will need to purchase Dialogic HMP licenses. Please contact sales@voiceguide.com for Dialogic HMP pricing.

Second-hand D/120JCT cards are pretty cheap. You can buy them on eBay.

If I am wanting to get 16 lines what type of dialogic board would I need ?

During the trial period would I be able to test the boards to make sure they are working ?

I am going to be using 16 traditional phone line with the software when calling the telephone carrier do I need to tell them how i want the lines setup? If so what do I need to tell them ?

For 16 lines it's probably best to get a D/120JT and a D/41JCT card. You will also need to get a 'CT-Bus' cable and link them together. A D/41JCT card can handle 4 lines so together with the D/120JCT your system will be able to handle 16 lines.

You could also get two D/120JT cards. And just use 4 ports on the second card. (you will still need to link the cards using the 'CT-Bus' cable)

Another alternative is to get the discontinued DMV160LP card. DMV160LP card handles 16 telephone lines on one card.

Nothing special needs to be specified for the lines. They just need to be the normal traditional phone lines which would get plugged into a normal analog telephone handset.

You will be able to fully test the operation of the system with the Evaluation version of VoiceGuide. You will be able to see the system work and confirm correct operation before any software purchase is made.

I am going with the DMV120LP board 16 lines  but I am puzzled on ordering 16 individual lines from the carrier is their any other options  like using  router or PBX  that I can use ?

My first option was to go with  Voip  but it sounds way to complex to set up

Vonage mention Virtual extension for phones lines which would cost saving   any suggestions ? Could you breakdown what I would need if I go with  Voip options besides the HMP license to setup?

I am going with DMV120LP board 16 lines  but I am puzzled on ordering 16 individual lines is their any other  options  like using  router or  PBX  that I can use I would like to go  Voip way this sound  complex to set upbug Vonage mention Virtual extension for phones any suggdstion and cost saving ?

Would I be able to use Voip Gateway Digium? will it work with your software ? If so which gateway model would I need to purchase  and what else would  I need to go with the setup?

Thanks

Are you planning to use a use a VoIP->Analog gateway to and then use a Dialogic card on VoiceGuide system?

It would probably be easier and cheaper to just deploy a VoIP based VoiceGuide system and have it connect direct to your VoIP provider.

Connecting to VoIP lines is not that difficult and the system overall will be easier to manage, and you will avoid any delays that the VoIP->Analog gateway would add to your system.

If you must deploy a VoIP->Analog gateways then any one is fine. The VoIP service provider that you chose will be able to advise if there are any that they recommend to use.

Hi

On the software are there any prompts there all ready there or do I have custom make them myself ? 

Is there instructions on the website to setup VoIP ? How would I add prompts or sound files to the software  ?

I am hiring a person to record my greetings is there a back office to gain access ? 

I wanted to accept credit card payment is there an setup on the software they would take my customers payment information ?

Can I purchase a sound set or some type of equipment to listen to my voice mails that would go with the software ?

Thanks 

The demonstration chat line script comes with sound files. The sound files are in \scripts\voice\ subdirectory.

Please see the Readme.txt file in that download and then you will need to look through the scripts and you will be able to see how the system is implemented and you can then amend to suit as needed.

Credit card payment processing depends on what payments processor you would like to use. Most payment processors provide a Web Service type API and you can issue charge requests to them using VoiceGuide's 'Call Web Service' module:

https://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/modws.htm

VoIP system install instructions are here:

https://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/install_v7_dialogichmp.htm

Links to some people who specialize in creating IVR system sound files can be fond here:

https://www.voiceguide.com/ivr-software/ivr-callflow-design.htm

If want to go with an physical server what type or model number would I need and where  would I be able to purchase a server

For a 16 line system the specifications are minimal. Any current model server will be fine.

You will need to ensure that the server will accept the Dialogic card. Those cards are 'Full Length' cards.

I
Can I use Dell optiplex  790 desktop intel i3 1gh processor 8GB DDR3 1333 Ram is a server ? 

Can I use  half rack mount tower will that fit the Dialogic boards or any suggestions that I could use ?

The specifications for the Dell computer sound fine.

You will need to confirm that the PC/server fits the Dialogic card that you source.

I am trying to setup my software I wanted to hire someone to help me set up my software 

Would  I need to hire IT person or computer programmer?l 

And 'IT' type person should be able to set up your system. If you would like to modify the sample Chat Line scripts (eg: adding live payments etc.) the you will need to get a 'Programmer'. The 'Programmer' will usually be able to set up your system as well.

Hi

What operating system do I need on my computer to run the voice guide software ?
Also  I read something about an Hyper v -can you please explain what this is and I can get  it ?

Do I need this as well ? 

I will be using Voip

Thanks 

What operating system do I need on my computer to run the voice guide software ?

Versions of Windows supported by current VoiceGuide v7 : Windows: 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, 10, 8.1Pro

Also  I read something about an Hyper v -can you please explain what this is and I can get  it ?

You cannot run current version of VoiceGuide on current versions of Hyper-V. You can however deploy on VMware ESXi systems.

From https://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/install_v7_dialogichmp.htm :

VoIP/SIP deployment can be made on a physical server, or on a VMware ESXi based Virtual Machine.