VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Take attendence to display Staff Name

Dear Sir

I have already create below code to record the staff ID for attendence , Can I query the sql to output staff name ?

Type=Run VB Script
DispSize=69
Txt=Save entered data to a file using VBScript
VbsFileToRun=
VbsWait=1
VbScript=
Const ForReading = 1
Const ForWriting = 2
Const ForAppending = 8
set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
set tsFile = fso.OpenTextFile("c:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Meter Reading\IVRattendence.txt", ForAppending, True)

If $RV_HH > 12 Then

ihh =right("0" &cstr($RV_HH - 12),2)

tsFile.WriteLine "20$RV_YY/$RV_MM/$RV_DD PM " & ihh & ":$RV_NN:$RV_SS" & vbTab & "$RV_CIDNUMBER" & vbTab & "$RV[GetID]"

Else

tsFile.WriteLine "20$RV_YY/$RV_MM/$RV_DD AM $RV_HH:$RV_NN:$RV_SS" & vbTab & "$RV_CIDNUMBER" & VbTab & "$RV[GetID]"

End If

tsFile.Close
set tsFile = Nothing
set fso = Nothing
VbsHoldPlay=
on {success} goto [ThankA]
on {fail} goto [ThankA]
on {timeout 0} goto [ThankA]

Position=63,365

[OLD Save Data to File_18]
Type=Run Program
DispSize=69
Txt=Echo the entered data to a file. This DOS Command line  approach will result in the saved data being mangled if more the one line writes to the file at precisely the same time.
ProgramToRun=command.com /c echo $RV[GetID] >> c:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Meter Reading\IVRAttendence.txt
RunHoldPlay=

dear sir

since the staff I'd take from IVR text file as above script. how to take ID from the text to query SQL. 

on the other hand . can I query excel file

since the staff I'd take from IVR text file as above script. how to take ID from the text to query SQL. 

Do you want to read the name information in from text file? It's possible to use the ODBC driver "Microsoft Text Driver (*.txt; *.csv)" to do that, but this requires that the rest of the Connection String be correctly specified to match your text file format. Its possible, but its simpler to just put your data in a database and read from there. For small systems you can even use MS Access as the database.

can I query excel file

Please see the "Microsoft Excel Example" at the bottom of the Database Query module Help file entry:

https://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/moddbquery.htm