if I use test.wav- I see dome growling

I will upload both wav files below
I tested incoming call was normal voice

Whats wrong with outgoing?

test.wav

Strom.wav

test.wav is format: PCM 22.050 kHz, 16 Bit, Stereo

Strom.wav is format: PCM 11.025 kHz, 16 Bit, Mono

test.wav is in unsupported sound file format. It will not play properly.

Please see here for information on supported sound file types: https://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/soundfiles.htm

For best results the "ULaw 8KHz 8 Bit Mono" format should be used. This is the format that is transmitted over the telephone lines, so using this format in original file will mean that the sound file will be transmitted without trans-coding it first. VoiceGuide system sound files (in VoiceGuide's \System\voice\ subdirectory) are in the ULaw format.

Strom.wav should play. To see what happened on the call could you please .ZIP up the contents of the VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory and post it here. We can then see what happened on the call and advise.

also it has some delay. Unless I say hello it won't talk

Maybe this is by design

On strom.wav it hangs up ....

here is log.zip

Thanks

log.zip

Trace shows that Dialogic card returns a "Data format not supported" error when the Strom.wav play is attempted. Will need to check why, perhaps only 8bit format is supported in 11kHz PCM files?

Please try just using ULAW format sound files instead.

Please see the attached file which is your Strom.wav converted to ULaw format. For better results you should generate the files directly into ULAW. All conversions and trans-coding will result in extra noise in file.

Unless I say hello it won't talk

This system is using an Analog card. On Analog systems the only way to determine if call was answered is listen out for call recipient saying something. Until something is said you cannot tell whether the call was answered or not.

if using T1 or E1 based systems, and most VoIP,  you can tell the instant the call was answered - and then the message will start to play the instant the call was answered - even before the recipient of call says 'hello' etc.

547 094906.106  2696   1 fn    PlayStart(iLineId=1, sFileList=C:\test\Strom.wav, sXMLOptions=(null))
551 094906.128  2696           play  wav: format=1, channels=1, hz=11025, bytes/sec=22050, bytes/sample=2, bits/sample=16, DataBlockSize=365640  C:\test\Strom.wav
553 094906.129  2696           iBytesPerSample=2 hz=11025 ptrVoiceData_Current=0xfc5c618 (no 16bit sample conversion)
554 094906.131  2696   1       XpbDataFormat: DATA_FORMAT_PCM (default), rate_const=0x58, bits=16 (iWavFilesEncodingFormat_LastFile=1)
562 094906.145  2696   1 ERROR in play call (1, 0x8abb80, tpt=0x0, xpb=0x9e1d1f4) => -1, err=14:Data format not supported, hli=09E19C18

Strom_ulaw.wav

The sound file will start playing instantly after pickup if T1 or E1 based system or if a VoIP based system is used (you need to ensure the VoIP provider sends the 'connected' message at remote handset pickup time).

On traditional analog connections there is no signalling sent to indicate that 'pick-up' occurred. So on traditional analog connections the best way to determine if call is answered is to listen for the call recipient to say something. People who answer calls always say something when answering the call, so this works well.

On T1/E1/VoIP systems you can start playing the message even before the call recipient has a chance to start speaking.

Do not know what happened now outdial xml disappears with any wav file and no calls made :(
attached log and outdial. It shows test. wav but same behavior with other

log.zip

Outdial.xml

Traces show outbound call was loaded and made at 7:26AM. The CallEvents log will show summary of how call progressed.

Note that Dialogic card reported that it could not hear any ringing on the outgoing call, so you may want to check the number dialed or the telephone lines plugged into the Dialogic card.

The Dialogic card also alerted that:

ALERT Loop current not present. Working phone line not attached.

so maybe you should check not have a line properly attached to port 1 of the Dialogic card. Dialing into the card over that line is the best way to test that.

Do you have the Line Status Monitor app running? The Line Status Monitor will show what is happening on each line in real time.

072643.065  16                      OutDial load from [C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\data\Outdial.xml]
072643.071  16                      DialListLoadFileXML ReadAllText call
072643.083  16                      dial  Db_Insert_SingleEntry '6127027026','', [8/28/2018 7:26:43 AM], PortSelection=, campaign=, scheduler=0, priority=1, OnAnswerLive=[C:\test\test.wav], OnAnswerMachine=[C:\test\test.wav], OnAnswerFax=[], OnNotAnswered=[], OnRetriesExhausted=[], 60, 2, 5, RV=, Options= ESCALATION:

{ "call": {
  "crn": "20000001",
  "port": "1",
  "direction": "out",
  "time_start": "2018-08-28 07:26:43",
  "events": "
    072643.187|command|MakeCall_Completed|6127027026|||<result>ok</result><crn>536870913</crn><crnx>20000001</crnx>|0|0|0|0
    072643.730|event|TDX_SETHOOK|DX_OFFHOOK|CALL_OUTBOUND|||0|0|0|0
    072643.730|event|RLS_LCSENSE|DX_OFFHOOK|CALL_OUTBOUND|ALERT Loop current not present. Working phone line not attached.||0|0|0|0
    072725.191|callstate|TDX_CALLP_CR_CNCT|||||0|256|4|0
    072725.200|state|Dialing (auto) 6127027026 ., doing answer detection... (DX_PAMDOPTEN)|||||0|0|0|0
    072725.200|event|TDX_CALLP_CR_CNCT|||||256|2|4|0
    072725.208|state|Human answer. Playing C:\test\test.wav|||||0|0|0|0
    072725.230|event|TDX_CALLP|CR_NORB||||9|0|0|0
    072739.772|state|Hanging up... [      dial  live answer: outgoing sound file completed.]|||||0|0|0|0
    072739.778|command|cmd_DropCall|||||0|0|0|0
    072739.828|event|TDX_SETHOOK|DX_ONHOOK||||0|0|0|0
    072739.828|callstate|TDX_SETHOOK_DX_ONHOOK|||||0|1|32|0
    072739.852|event|TDX_SETHOOK_DX_ONHOOK|||||1|0|32|0
    072739.852|callstate|GCEV_RELEASECALL|GCST_NULL||||2137|0|0|0
  ",
  "length": "56.665"
}},

The quality of original sound file will affect the quality of the transmitted sound, and ultimately most of the telephone connections use an 8kHz ALaw/ulaw encoding, so any transmitted sound will get compressed down to that level.

20 hours ago, SupportTeam said:

The quality of original sound file will affect the quality of the transmitted sound, and ultimately most of the telephone connections use an 8kHz ALaw/ulaw encoding, so any transmitted sound will get compressed down to that level.

seems voiceguide goes better job for coding 11khz to 8khz then other coders.

As long as quality is good - I do not care voicegude compresses  or my voice engine does

1.Now very interesting question: How I disable 3 ports on my Dialogic? seems it tries to use all ports and I have only 1 lie with port 1. I need to disable ports 2-4 Either in dialogic system or in Voice guide

2, Is it possible to have Outdial file with multiple entries please ? you have sample with escalating but not for a file with multiple dials.

Thanks

To disable ports you can set the <AllowDialOut> entry for that port to 0, like this:

<AllowDialOut>0</AllowDialOut>

in the Config.xml file (in VoiceGuide's \conf\ subdirectory). Or just delete these line entries altogether. Restart VoiceGuide service after changing the Config.xml file.

2, Is it possible to have Outdial file with multiple entries please ?

Yes.

eg. This will work:

<OutDialEntry>
  <PhoneNumber>5551111</PhoneNumber>
   <ActivateTime>2018-06-12 06:30:00</ActivateTime>
  <OnAnswerLive>d:\scripts\alarm_AAA.vgs</OnAnswerLive>
</OutDialEntry>
<OutDialEntry>
  <PhoneNumber>5552222</PhoneNumber>
   <ActivateTime>2018-06-12 07:30:00</ActivateTime>
  <OnAnswerLive>d:\scripts\alarm_BBB.vgs</OnAnswerLive>
</OutDialEntry>
<OutDialEntry>
  <PhoneNumber>5553333</PhoneNumber>
   <ActivateTime>2018-06-12 08:00:00</ActivateTime>
  <OnAnswerLive>d:\scripts\alarm_CCC.vgs</OnAnswerLive>
</OutDialEntry> 

one last thing -hopefully

after like 3-4 calls made out - it stops calling though outdial files are taken

When I stop and restart service- it continues to call
1. IS this because of evalueation version? Guide says - it needs to restart after 1 hr ot after 10 calls. We are thinking to purchjase but asking why this happens

2. is there a call queue? I have seen situations I restart and it calls out immediately

1. IS this because of evalueation version? Guide says - it needs to restart after 1 hr ot after 10 calls. We are thinking to purchjase but asking why this happens

Yes. Outbound call count is limited in evaluation version. The limit varies, just to make it less predictable. These limits of course do not exist in registered version.

2. is there a call queue? I have seen situations I restart and it calls out immediately

Yes. Outbound calls read in from 'Outdial' files are saved in database. You can insert call details direct into database if you like.

For more information on inserting calls direct into the database please see the "Loading Calls Directly" section here: https://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/dial_vgdb_external_config.htm#loadintodb

found SQLite viewer and found that there are three wrong entries in callqueue table also same entries in table called portuse
Should I delete them? wrong because port says -1

Stop-restart they do not go away

Yes I will use MS SQL server just do not want to introduce a new variable now.

These are calls that were never contacted, even after the specified number of retries.  Some versions of VoiceGuide do not delete these call entries to let you re-schedule them easier.

They can just be deleted if you'd like.