VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

New wav file created not playing sound in Voice Guide

Recently I have created myself new wav file 8khz 8bit mono and implemented in script editor.

The problem now is I tried to play the wav file in script editor it did not play any sound at all.

If I choose the existing built in sounds from voice guide it works.

Please help!

aaaa.wav

Attached file is not a .WAV file.

It is an .MP3 format file.

(rename the file to have a .MP3 suffix and you will then be able to open that file and play it in most sound editors)

VoiceGuide does not play .MP3 files.

We recommend using the format matching the formats used by the telephone company. This most often is ULaw or ALaw. (usually saved in .WAV formatted file).

Now I can play this attached file in script editor but when I tried using phone system it has no sound again.

Please help!

try.wav

The try.wav played fine on our test VoiceGuide system.

If you are still encountering issues playing that file please .ZIP up and post the ktTel and vgEngine traces capturing the call and we can then advise what happened on your system during the call.

I think i found the error below:

171306.455 008 ocxfn PlayStart(hLine=8, strSoundFile=[C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\System\voice20180404\try2.wav], lPlayId=934479(0xe424f), lParam1=0, lParam2=0, strParam1=, strParam2=, keys[NotUsed])
171306.455 008 ocxfn PlaySetControlKeys(8,0,,,,,,,,,,)
171306.455 008 ocxfn PlaySetControlKeys end
171306.455 008 play  start (hli=0x7b3f028, strSoundFile=C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\System\voice20180404\try2.wav, lPlayId=934479(0xe424f), lParam1=0, lParam2=0, strParam1=, strParam2=)
171306.456     play  pcm   Invalid input file format. Input WAV file must be PCM. [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\System\voice20180404\try2.wav] format_tag=0x7 (expected 1). buffer=[WAVEfmt ], sizeWavHeader=0x12
171339.712 008 ocxfn PlayStop(hLine=8, lPlayId=0(0x0), lParam1=0, lParam2=0, strParam1=, strParam2=)
171339.712 008       dx_stopch call in PlayStop

From the trace excerpt it looks like you are not using the current version of VoiceGuide v7, but an older version of VoiceGuide (v6 ?)

Current version of VoiceGuide (v7) can play ULaw and ALaw encoded .WAV files.

Using ULaw and ALaw encoded .WAV files will provide best sound quality playback, as the encoding format will match that used by the telephone company when they are transmitting the sound signal.