VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

First Time User Setting Up A Simple Outbound Dialler

<OutDialEntry>
  <PhoneNumber>012345|aaa</PhoneNumber>
  <PortSelection>1</PortSelection>
  <CampaignName>TestCampaign</CampaignName>
  <Priority>1</Priority>
  <OnAnswerLive>C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Autodial script1.vgs</OnAnswerLive>
  <AnswerTimeout>15</AnswerTimeout>
  <RetriesLeft>0</RetriesLeft>
</OutDialEntry>

Hi,

I am using the evaluation copy, so some of the following questions maybe related to that.

Even though I am using windows 8.1 I can save the Outdial.xml file to /data, how can I correct this?

In the example downloads their is a file called 'go directly to voicemail box 0001', it is stored as a .vgs file, how can I transfer to /script?

Outbound Call loader

Contacts tab, after you load telephone numbers and adjust the settings on the tab, will VG just start calling or there a start button to press, I don't see anything in the manual.

Outdial.xml file

Once you load the file in, will VG know this or do you need a stop/start feature built into the code?

Inbound vgs files

How do you load .vgs files that are for inbound calls into VG, I can see .vgs files in the Line Manage but no way to change them, I want to replace with the downloaded script mentioned earlier.

Thanks,

Neil.

I can save the Outdial.xml file to /data, how can I correct this?

Would you like to save the Outdial.xml file in another directory and have VoiceGuide read that file from that other directory instead? Or would you like to load the outbound call information in another way? Or are you referring to something else?

In the example downloads their is a file called 'go directly to voicemail box 0001', it is stored as a .vgs file, how can I transfer to /script?

Would you like to be able tot jump from one script to another script? Please see the 'Goto' and 'Gosub' and 'Return' paths. More information here: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/paths.htm

after you load telephone numbers and adjust the settings on the tab, will VG just start calling or there a start button to press, I don't see anything in the manual.

Calls are started immediately after they are loaded. In evaluation version there are limits on how many outgoing calls can be made.

Once you load the file in, will VG know this or do you need a stop/start feature built into the code?

Calls will be made right away. No need to do anything else.

How do you load .vgs files that are for inbound calls into VG, I can see .vgs files in the Line Manage but no way to change them, I want to replace with the downloaded script mentioned earlier.

The VGS used to answer incoming calls are set in Config.xml file in VoiceGuide's \conf\ subdirectory. After saving new Config.xml restart the VoiceGuide service to read in the new settings.

Would you like to save the Outdial.xml file in another directory and have VoiceGuide read that file from that other directory instead? Or would you like to load the outbound call information in another way? Or are you referring to something else?

It was just permission on the windows directory, now I have resolved it

I did not explain my self to well, you can download from example scripts on the voicegude website, but how do you save as a vgs file into /scripts directory

Here is the script, I can only save a text file

Version=4.5

DisplayType=

StartModule=GoToVoicemail

RunAtHangup=

StartWithoutAnswer=0

[GoToVoicemail]

Type=Evaluate

DispSize=69

Txt=Immediately transfer to the Voicemail Box 0001. Use the Voicemail manager to configure Voicemail Box 0001 to have the correct welcoming message and message forwarding options...

Expression=1

ExprNewRV=

ExprStoreRV=0

On {1} Goto [Voicemail Box 0001]

On {Insert Result Here} Goto [Voicemail Box 0001]

Position=51,54

Thanks

Neil

Are you editing the .vgs file in a text editor? or are you editing it in the VoiceGuide Script Editor?

If you have problems saving scripts into \scripts\ subdirectory using the VoiceGuide Script Editor then have you tried starting it using the right-click 'As Administrator' option?

Alternatively if you are editing .vgs files using a text editor then most text editors let you chose the file suffix when saving, or you could rename the file suffix after saving it.