VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Simultaneous Calls

My VoIP Line Registration is "sip:1900@192.168.1.8" and I want to set up it which can receive many simultaneous calls, but it only receive one call at a time. How do I fix it?

Config.zip

Dialogic HMP enables only one channel at installation time.

It is possible to get a 2 port license for Dialogic HMP from Dialogic's website. Please see: https://www.dialogic.com/en/products/media-server-software/hmp-software/hmp-license.aspx

The Config.xml currently on your system specifies 2 ports to be used so after applying the 2 port HMP license the system will be able to handle two calls simultaneously.

To handle more simultaneous calls you will need to purchase a Dialogic HMP license and a VoiceGuide license.

Please contact sales@voiceguide.com to buy the Dialogic HMP license and VoiceGuide license.

Also, it looks like you are registering VoiceGuide to handle calls to particular extensions on a VoIP PBX.

Some PBXs allow only one active call per extension.

Sometimes a better solution is to set up a 'SIP Trunk' between a PBX and VoiceGuide.

This essentially means PBX just sending calls direct to VoiceGuide IP address, instead of routing to an 'extension'. And then the PBX does not limit how many simultaneous calls are handled by that IP address.

VoiceGuide will answer any VoIP call arriving at it's IP address. VoiceGuide does not need for calls to arrive via a 'registered extension'.

I had already applied 2 port HMP license before I set up VoiceGuide, but it couldn't handle two calls simultaneously. Therefore, how do I set up a "SIP Trunk" between PBX and VoiceGuide?

If you had a 2 port HMP license already installed on this system then have you tried placing the two calls by dialing the same extension, or by dialing two different extensions (that were both registered by VoiceGuide with the PBX) ?

Dialing two separate extensions (that were both registered by VoiceGuide with the PBX) should work if you have a 2 port HMP license.

Can you please try this test again, but this time run WireShark to capture the SIP communications between PBX and Dialogic HMP.

To limit traffic shown in WireShark to only SIP traffic, type this in the WireShark's 'Filter' text box:

sip

And save/export the displayed captured packets to a .pcap file and post it here along with the ktTel trace from VoiceGuide. (.ZIP up traces before posting).

A 'SIP Trunk' does not require any configuration on VoiceGuide side.

PBX just needs to be configured to send calls to VoiceGuide's IP address.

VoiceGuide will automatically answer all SIP calls arriving at its IP address.

Looks like the WireShark trace was not started before the VoiceGuide service was started.

The registrations for 1900@192.168.1.8 and 200@192.168.1.8 are not visible in the trace.

The VoiceGuide version on this system is quite old (4 years old).

Where was this version obtained from?

Please update the system to the latest version available from the Downloads page and repeat the test.

(Dialogic HMP drivers are also not the newest drivers, but there is probably no need to update them at this stage)

To change from one release of VoiceGuide v7 to another:
1. Stop VoiceGuide Service and exit all VoiceGuide programs. (eg Script Designer, Voicemail Manager, etc) and all other programs.
2. Run the VoiceGuide install and install into same directory as existing installation. (Do NOT uninstall the previous VoiceGuide installation).
3. Start  VoiceGuide service.

Running a VoiceGuide install over the top of an existing install will NOT overwrite existing configuration or license files (Config.xml, ConfigLine.xml, VG.INI, VmBoxList.xml, etc) and will not remove any of users script or sound files, and will not remove any log files etc.

Actual error when opening 2nd channel on current system is:

124858.022  2512     ERROR dx_open dxxxB1C2 failed. Unable to get ctinfo/featurelist for this device.
124858.022  2512           gc_OpenEx :N_iptB1T2:P_IP:M_ipmB1C2:V_dxxxB1C2 call (opening ip line)
124858.027  2512     ERROR gc_OpenEx

SIP_voiceguide.zip

I installed new version, but it couldn't be able to handle two calls simultaneously. I used sip phone which is 400@192.168.1.8 to call 1900@192.168.1.8, it works well. Then, I use 500@192.168.1.8 to call 1900@192.168.1.8 (or 200@192.168.1.8) and it has an error that is "User is Busy".

SIP.zip

Please place the attached RtfConfigWin.xml file on your system (unzip first).

for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 :

1. make the hidden directory C:\ProgramData visible

2. go to C:\ProgramData\Dialogic\HMP\cfg

for Windows XP, server 2003 and Server 2008 32bit :

1. go to C:\Program Files\Dialogic\cfg

Then:

1. Backup existing RtfConfigWin.xml,
2. Replace it with attached RtfConfigWin.xml (unzip it first)
3. Shutdown and restart Windows.
4. Start the Dialogic service.
5. Once Dialogic service has fully started then start the VoiceGuide service.

After VoiceGuide service has fully started immediately backup the contents of the C:\Program Files\Dialogic\log directory (there are multiple files there) and post the .ZIP of these logs here.

RtfConfigWin.zip

In addition to above could you also please advise what hardware this system is running on and which version of Windows 7 is used.

This is a physical machine, not a 'virtual' machine, yes?

BTW. We have just done a test on new clean Win7Pro with same HMP30su347 and 2-line demo license, and VoiceGuide v7.5 was able to open both channels without any errors.