VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Hmp Installation Issue

I am new to VoIP so any help would be much appreciated.

We’ve recently purchased your product and I have followed the steps below to install the HMP drivers. I am having issues with this so have not even installed Voice Guide yet. I did notice VoiceGuide came with HMP drivers version 347, while the newest is 357. I have tried using both to no avail. In the screenshots below, I am re-installing 347 after uninstalling everything. This was a new machine when I started and has no other software on it.

(too many screenshots, so I've merged them into a single image on the attached image)

1. Disable firewall altogether to ensue it’s not the culprit.

2. Start HMP 347 installation

3. Default file location for program:

4. Default file location for data:

5. All but Circuit Connectivity Runtime Package is installed

6. I answer yes to installing 3rd party software

7. Default Program Folder

8. Start Copying Files

9. Installing…

10. Then, prompted to restart and clicked OK.

11. After the restart, I went into the configuration manager to start the service. A Computer Name is prompted for, in which I chose the local machine.

12. At this point, it connects and I expect to see a device, but I do not.

13. Selecting “Auto detect devices” doesn’t seem to find anything either.

14. Due to the lack of devices, it won’t let me start the service either.

Your documentation reads the following: If Dialogic HMP service has problems starting then you should ensure that there is no other VoIP software installed on the system that would interfere with HMP operation, and that no anti-virus type software is interfering.

I have ensured no other VOIP or anti virus software is installed (this is a newly built physical machine)

This test should work with the evaluation, correct?

Also, how do i obtain our actual licenses for HMP?

Any assistance on this would be much appreciated.

post-21727-0-02724500-1439217121_thumb.png

Could you please advise why the "Circuit Connectivity Runtime Package" was not selected at install time?

Please try installing again with the "Circuit Connectivity Runtime Package" selected as well.

Reading the description, it looked like I may not need it. After your comment, I've uninstalled the driver, then re-installed with all options selected, including the Circuit Connectivity Runtime Package. The resulting screenshots are pretty much identical to ones in my previous post. No device is found. This is a Server 2012 machine, if that helps.

Thank you.

Did you restart Windows after uninstalling? Windows restart is required to fully uninstall Dialogic drivers.

Could you please .ZIP up the contents of the Dialogic\HMP\log subdirectory and post that .ZIP file here. The Dialogic RTF logs there may let us see what is happening here.

I reboot once after un-installation and again after re-installation. I eventually manually added the device and it did start, although my IP Media Server Demo does not show like it does in your documentation. I have attached a screenshot of it, as well as that zip of the log directory.

thank you for your help sir

post-21727-0-89758600-1439300616_thumb.png

log.zip

RTF logs show that Dialogic HMP software has problems binding to the network socket:

08/11/2015 09:35:29.896   2052        3956 sip_stack               Error        ERROR  - SOCKET       - RvSocketBind(sock=1112,addr=0.0.0.0:5060,scopeId=0,range=00000000,useRange=0,errno=10048)=-2145371137

Which version of Windows is used on this system?

Is the network interface working on this system? can you browse the internet etc from this machine with no problems?

Are there any anti-virus / anti-malware applications installed on this system that would block network access on port 5060?

We are currently using Windows Server 2012 for this. I don't see any antivirus or antimalware software installed on this and have confirmed that with our administrator that setup the machine. In addition, I also did a search of applications on my machine for the word anti and virus and found nothing. However, I am able to connect to the internet as I have pulled up this forum to test it so I can only assume the network interface is working. Windows Firewall has also been turned off to ensure I can get this working first. I also ran netstat and found that port is being listened to but have attached the 2 entries I see in regards to port 5060.

Is there any way to test the interface and/or other required components? Are there any special setups in regards to a server OS?

post-21727-0-58243800-1439383347_thumb.png

post-21727-0-91692300-1439383447_thumb.png

Was netstat ran while the Dialogic service was off?

Please ensure the Dialogic service is stopped and then run this command:

netstat -ano

This will show you the Process ID (PID) of process which has opened that port.

You can then go to Windows' Task Manager to see which process has that PID.

TCPView can also be used: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897437

I believe the Dialogic service was running so I turned it off, ran the netstat command and found the PID using that port was Linphone, the softphone I downloaded following your documentation. Therefore, I uninstalled Linphone and the driver, rebooted, then re-installed the driver as administrator, which did work without error. However, no device was shown in the configuration manager when I opened it. I ran the netstat command again after this and port 5060 is not listed in the netstat command.

I included screenshots showing the Dialogic System not to be running, then the initial netstat command results showing the PID as well as another from task manager showing the PID for Linphone. Then it shows in add/remove programs after Linphone and Dialogic driver was uninstalled, machine reboot, then only the Dialogic driver re-installed, then reboot again. As can be seen here, this is a very new machine without barely anything installed on it. I also tried running the IP Media Server demo after the re-installation and reboot and got the error attached at the bottom.

I have also attached logs for this time around in case they help as well.

Lastly, I just realized you all are in Australia, so I will try to make myself available during your business hours to see if we can speed up this dialog.

Thank you!

log2.zip

post-21727-0-37713800-1439485150_thumb.png

Quick update, I ran the IP Media Server demo again while being in the path it lives on and don't get the error anymore, but have the same screenshot as a previous one where the demo found 1 IPT board but 0 of everything else.

Are you using "Windows Server 2012 R2", or the original 'non-R2' version ?

Are you using a physical machine, or a Virtual Machine? If Virtual Machine then what type ?

I will check which tomorrow but I believe it is r2. Is it not compatible with r2? It is a physical machine.

Both non-R2 and R2 should be supported, but most installs are done these days on R2.

Is it the "Standard Edition" of Win2012?

What was the 'Build' number of Windows?

Was the installation done while logged in as Administrator and the when starting the install did you right-click the .exe and select 'Run as Administrator' ?

Not sure what the problem could be on your system, maybe the prior installations did not get fully uninstalled and that is affecting the Dialogic HMP install?

Would recommend reinstalling Win2012 on this system. Delete and recreate the partition at install time to ensure a new clean install.

Then install the SU360 version of HMP, (while logged in as Administrator right-click the .exe and select 'Run as Administrator'),

and allow system to reboot after install completes.

We use 2012 R2 Build 9600 on our test machines here. (Without the 'Update'. HAL version is 6.3.9600.16408)

Hello again, i don't believe I confirmed it is working, although I did ask for our license information as I got past our previous issue so a confirmation may have been assumed. The thing that did it for me is installing the latest HMP. I thought the version that VoiceGuide points to was a particular version of HMP it required but once I installed SU360 instead of 347, it looks to have worked.

Therefore, I did get the device to show up on my Dialogic Configuration Manager, and running the IPMediaServer demo does show correct results initially. However, once I place a call via Linphone, the output does not match what's in your documentation. Are you able to tell what the issue could be here? Please note that I have VoiceGuide registered now but still waiting on HMP registrations. I have attached a screenshot of this as ewll.

I also tried proceeding and installing VoiceGuide and tried to run the demo script. Couple questions/issues here. I apologize for any ignorance I may demonstrate.

1. Most examples seem to go with a VoIP service. We would like to get this working with our internal phone system (Fonality) and was wondering how we would go upon doing so.

2. I see examples of Config files configuring multiple lines and tried to do something similar but my Line Status monitor seems to only show 1 regardless of what i do in the Config.

3. There seem to be a pattern to the behavior of when I call in.

First time I call, Linphone tells me the call immediately ended while no changes are shown in the Line Status Monitor. (first Line Status Monitor screenshot)

Second time, it rings on Linphone for awhile then says "Request time out", while the Line Status Monitor does show a change, but does not hangup when Linphone times out. (second Line Status Monitor screenshot)

From here, the VoiceGuide line never hangs up and if I call in again I get a busy signal until I manually disconnect the call. (third screenshot show after i clicked disconnect. it has a call length of 563, but Linphone had timed out the first minute or so)

Although I messed with the config a bit, all this was run while the config was restored to its original. The documentation says this should give me 2 lines, but as the screenshot shows, I seem to only get one line.

The following line was uncommented out from VG.INI: E_SIP_DefaultTransport=ENUM_TCP

Any assistance would be much appreciated and please let me know if you need any additional information from me. I can run traces and such, just please let me know what kind you may need.

post-21727-0-45759100-1439993319_thumb.png

1. Most examples seem to go with a VoIP service. We would like to get this working with our internal phone system (Fonality) and was wondering how we would go upon doing so.

Please set up a "SIP Trunk" on Fonality that routes calls to IP address of VoiceGuide system. Please ensure that calls are sent using UDP and use G.711 encoding.

2. I see examples of Config files configuring multiple lines and tried to do something similar but my Line Status monitor seems to only show 1 regardless of what i do in the Config.

The HMP evaluation license that comes with HMP install only sets up 1 line. It is possible to get a 2 line evaluation license from Dialogic website that enables 2 lines.

VoiceGuide's Config.xml needs to be edited to add the extra lines .(There are example Config.xml files in the \conf\ sub-directory that include definitions for the additional 3 ports)

Could you please .ZIP and post the Dialogic RTF logs immediately after the Linphone call, we can then see what is happening with that call.

Please also make a WireShark trace capturing the SIP messages exchanged during the call setup (see www.wireshark.org) and .ZIP up the capture .pcap file and post it here.

Thank you very much for the information. I've sent off the information you let me know about Fonality to our network admin. I will try the other things you've mentioned tonight and report back here shortly.

If I continue to have issues, would it be possible to connect with someone there so we can have dialogue? Since we are in the US, i have been finding it hard to get dialogue with you guys and would like to have this resolved quickly. Would you be able to participate in a call or video conference or even an online chat? Maybe for tonight or tomorrow? I can accommodate the time difference and ensure I am available when you all are/will be.

I will follow up soon with the requested logs and such. Thank you.

Here is a zip with the vg log files (are these the rtf logs?) of the new call from linphone as well as the wireshark trace. I made 3 calls, as i did before. First said it was immediately busy, then rang but didn't pick up, then rang busy again.

I am also attaching screenshots of the wireshark capture setup i took as well as the voice guide line status. Please let me know if anything else helps.

0819_CallEvents.zip

post-21727-0-19653600-1440038753_thumb.png

The Dialogic RTF logs are located in Dialogic\HMP\log subdirectory. Please .ZIP up the contents of that directory just after a call has been made into the system. Those files will let us see what is happening here.

If using Linphone to test with please select Options->Preferences menu and set the following:

Network Settings tab : Media Encryption is set to 'None'

Codecs tab: only enable the PCMU and PCMA codecs, and disable the rest.

Above were the only setting made to Linphone installation and HMP's ipmediaserver answered the call made from Linphone. (WireShark trace capturing two calls attached)

Regarding live support:

We offer remote software installation services and direct support plans under which we can do live support, direct emails etc.

Please contact sales@voiceguide.com if you would like to obtain more information on the Remote Installation and Direct Support options.

Using this support forum is free and we try to reply to questions posted here within 24 hours.

LinphoneTest.zip

post-3-0-52217200-1440062413_thumb.png

My last post has those logs within the zip file, they were taken from the mentioned directory. I've also made changes to the Linphone application as mentioned and the results were the same. The last zip i uploaded also has the wireshark capture, which seems to lack some things compared to yours. I also tried the ipmediaserver demo and got the same results as the screenshot i last posted of this demo. Just in case, I also posted the vg.ini file and Config file in previous posts, which are still up to date.

If these do not suffice, please let me know what options I may need to tweak to get the data you need. For wireshark, does my filter (screenshot posted before) look right, limiting to port 5060?

The 0819_CallEvents.zip file only included the VoiceGuide log files and the Linphone WireShark capture (see screenshot below)

Please look in Dialogic's \HMP\log subdirectory and .ZIP up entire contents of that directory after an unsuccessful call, and upload along with the WireShark trace of the same call.

It looks like at some stage you set this entry in VG.INI: E_SIP_DefaultTransport=ENUM_TCP

Can you advise why was this entry set? Have you setup the Linphone to use TCP transport layer or was there another reason?

post-3-0-58975900-1440107123_thumb.png

Please .ZIP up this directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dialogic\HMP\log

and post it here.

Also, it looks like the E_SIP_DefaultTransport=ENUM_TCP is still enabled. Please do not enable this setting as it is not necessary for your setup. If any other changes were made to VG.IN please also take those back to original settings.

The WireShak trace in IPMediaServer.zip shows that the call was answered OK. Did you hear the sound file played by the ipmediaserver.exe ?

The WireShark trace in VoiceGuide.zip shows that the call disconnect messages were sent over TCP. Was the VoiceGuide service restarted after removing the E_SIP_DefaultTransport=ENUM_TCP setting?

RTF trace covering call to IPMediaServer:

08/21/2015 02:26:16.980   1348           0                                      [Control message from process 4392]:Client attached
08/21/2015 02:26:17.959   4392        4044                                      sm_main.cpp:324       !     0 ! gc_h3r:>> h3r_Start : IPCCLIB_START_DATA* pStartData == NULL,  media_operational_mode=EmbeddedMedias
08/21/2015 02:26:18.001   4392        4044                                      decoder.cpp:72        !     0 ! gc_h3r:Sharon - Decoder Send socket binding on IP=0x100007f : Port=65510
08/21/2015 02:26:18.001   4392        4044                                      decoder.cpp:85        !     0 ! gc_h3r:Sharon - Listening on IP=0x7f000001 : Port=59135
08/21/2015 02:26:18.002   4392        4044                                      virt_board.cpp:209    !     0 ! gc_h3r:NSControlData pool allocation complete size 0xff number 1.
08/21/2015 02:26:18.002   4392        4044                                      sm.cpp:2492           !     0 ! gc_h3r: Allocation: Board 1 - Sharon = 1 , H323 = 1 , SIP = 1
08/21/2015 02:26:18.002   4392        4044                                      sm.cpp:2499           !     0 ! gc_h3r: Allocation: CRNs = 1 , Extension buffers = 16
08/21/2015 02:26:18.002   4392        4044 gc_h3r                  ERR1         sm.cpp:1198           !     0 ! << genDefaultSigalStartParams Setting Max Subscription to 0.
08/21/2015 02:26:18.002   4392        4044                                      sm.cpp:419            !     0 ! gc_h3r:Initialization: H323 Board 0: transport address: DEFAULT_HOST_IPADDR:1720
08/21/2015 02:26:18.002   4392        4044                                      sm.cpp:421            !     0 ! gc_h3r:Initialization: H323 Board 0: sup_serv_mask: 0x0, h323_msginfo_mask: 0x0.
08/21/2015 02:26:18.003   4392        3016                                      decoder.cpp:62        !     0 ! gc_h3r:Board 1 - Listening on IP=0x7f000001 : Port=59136
08/21/2015 02:26:18.003   4392        3016                                      encoder.cpp:50        !     0 ! gc_h3r:Board 1 - Sharon on IP=0x7f000001 : Port=59135
08/21/2015 02:26:18.003   4392        3016                                      sigal_main.cpp:112    !     0 ! gc_h3r:Board 1 - Sigal H.323 Version 5,2,0,283
08/21/2015 02:26:18.011   4392        3016                                      sigalmanager.cp:1038  !     0 ! gc_h3r:buildRvSystemConfig(), system.maxCalls = 8
08/21/2015 02:26:18.011   4392        3016                                      sigalmanager.cp:1078  !     0 ! gc_h3r:buildRvSystemConfig(), system.maxChannels = 2
08/21/2015 02:26:18.013   4392        3016                                      sigalmanager.cp:468   !     0 ! gc_h3r:Board 1 - RV H.323 Stack Version 4.2.1.25
08/21/2015 02:26:18.017   4392        3016                                      sigalmanager.cp:1961  !     0 ! gc_h3r:Board 1 - Sigal H.323 Version 5,2,0,283.
08/21/2015 02:26:18.519   4392        4044                                      sm.cpp:486            !     0 ! gc_h3r:Initialization: SIP Board 0: IPv4 transport address: DEFAULT_HOST_IPADDR:5060
08/21/2015 02:26:18.519   4392        4044                                      sm.cpp:488            !     0 ! gc_h3r:Initialization: SIP Board 0: IPv6 transport address: DEFAULT_HOST_IPADDR:5060
08/21/2015 02:26:18.519   4392        4044                                      sm.cpp:490            !     0 ! gc_h3r:Initialization: SIP Board 0: sip_msginfo_mask: 0x0, sup_serv_mask: 0x0, dynamic_outbound_proxy_enable: 0x0
08/21/2015 02:26:18.519   4392        4788                                      sip_decoder.cpp:64    !     0 ! gc_h3r: Board 1 - Listening on IP=0x7f000001 : Port=59137
08/21/2015 02:26:18.519   4392        4788                                      sip_encoder.cpp:164   !     0 ! gc_h3r:Board 1 - Sharon on IP=0x7f000001 : Port=59135
08/21/2015 02:26:18.540   4392        4788                                      sip_sigalmanage:1295  !     0 ! gc_h3r:Board 1 - RV SIP Stack Version 6.5.0.14
08/21/2015 02:26:18.541   4392        4788                                      sip_sigal_main.:127   !     0 ! gc_h3r:Board 1 - Sigal SIP Version 5,2,0,283
08/21/2015 02:26:19.042   4392        4044                                      sm.cpp:320            !     0 ! gc_h3r:Monitor Init: H323 Board 0: transport address: 10.10.1.31
08/21/2015 02:26:19.042   4392        4044                                      sm.cpp:356            !     0 ! gc_h3r:Monitor Init: SIP Board 0: transport address: 10.10.1.31
08/21/2015 02:26:19.043   4392        5068                                      mon_decenc.cpp:57     !     0 ! gc_h3r:>> MonDecoder::ctor Listening on IP=0x7f000001 : Port=59138
08/21/2015 02:26:19.544   4392        4044                                      sm.cpp:2552           !     0 ! gc_h3r: Sharon Version 5,2,0,283
08/21/2015 02:26:19.550   4392        4044 gc_h3r                  ERR1         encoder.cpp:2350      !     0 ! Encoder::sendSysMsg : encodeCallForward failed:No Call Forward data in DB.
08/21/2015 02:26:19.550   4392        4044 gc_h3r                  ERR1         board_device.cp:360   !     0 ! << CallForward [6], sendSysMsg(MsgType_CallForward) failed!
08/21/2015 02:26:19.623   4392        3060 Dm3Odi.dll              Error        Qcd [0:0:1:5:1] CDm3StdComp::Dm3GetErrorResult() -> (Std_MsgError) Message[0x12] Xid[0x6] Src[0:0:1:5:1] Dest[19:255:0:0:0] ErrorCode[0x6]
08/21/2015 02:26:19.623   4392        3060 libipm_ipvsc            ERR1         CIPVscChannel         ipmB1C1    ---  ::OnGetParm: ch=ipmB1C1 ErrorCode=0x6 -Invalid parameter number.
08/21/2015 02:26:26.378   4392        3060 Dm3Odi.dll              Error        Qcd [0:0:1:5:1] CDm3StdComp::Dm3GetErrorResult() -> (Std_MsgError) Message[0x4000] Xid[0x6] Src[0:0:1:5:1] Dest[19:255:0:0:0] ErrorCode[0x7]
08/21/2015 02:26:26.378   4392        3060 libipm_ipvsc            ERR1         CIPVscChannel         ipmB1C1    ---  ::OnStartAlgorithmSession: ch=ipmB1C1 ErrorCode=0x7 -Invalid parameter value.PrevError=0x0
08/21/2015 02:26:26.378   4392        3060 Dm3Odi.dll              Error        Qcd [0:0:1:5:1] CDm3StdComp::Dm3GetErrorResult() -> (Std_MsgError) Message[0x4002] Xid[0x6] Src[0:0:1:5:1] Dest[19:255:0:0:0] ErrorCode[0x7]
08/21/2015 02:26:26.378   4392        3060 libipm_ipvsc            ERR1         CIPVscChannel         ipmB1C1    ---  ::OnStartMediaSession: ch=ipmB1C1 ErrorCode=0x7 -Invalid parameter value., PrevError=0x7
08/21/2015 02:26:26.378   4392        3060 libipm_ipvsc            ERR1         CIPVscChannel         ipmB1C1    ---  ConvertDM3ResultToR4Error: RESULT_COMPONENT_ERROR             error code: 0x7
08/21/2015 02:26:26.378   4392        3060 libipm_ipvsc            ERR1         CIPVscChannel         ipmB1C1    ---  ConvertDM3ResultToR4Error: RESULT_COMPONENT_ERROR             converted error code: 0x2
08/21/2015 02:26:26.378   4392        2132 gc_h3r                  ERR1         mediastate.cpp:1320   !     1 ! << MediaState::ipmEventHandler :IPMEV_ERROR received from media
08/21/2015 02:26:26.378   4392        2132 gc_h3r                  ERR1         mediastate.cpp:1169   !     1 ! mediaPrintLog:st ST_TX_START_2FDX Printing event/transition log
08/21/2015 02:26:26.378   4392        2132 gc_h3r                  ERR1         mediastate.cpp:1189   !     1 ! mediaPrintLog:TRAN_COMPLETE Ev EV_ATTACH , st ST_NULL
08/21/2015 02:26:26.378   4392        2132 gc_h3r                  ERR1         mediastate.cpp:1189   !     1 ! mediaPrintLog:TRAN_COMPLETE Ev EV_CONNECT_HDX_TX , st ST_WAIT_FOR_CALL
08/21/2015 02:26:26.378   4392        2132 gc_h3r                  ERR1         mediastate.cpp:1189   !     1 ! mediaPrintLog:TRAN_COMPLETE Ev EV_MODIFY_HDX2FDX , st ST_TX_STARTING
08/21/2015 02:26:26.378   4392        2132 gc_h3r                  ERR1         mediastate.cpp:1189   !     1 ! mediaPrintLog:TRAN_COMPLETE Ev EV_ERROR , st ST_TX_START_2FDX

RTF trace covering call to IPMediaServer on our Win2012R2 test system that uses HMP30SU360 :

08/21/2015 17:33:46.088   1148           0                                      [Control message from process 288]:Client attached
08/21/2015 17:33:47.306    288        1904                                      sm_main.cpp:324       !     0 ! gc_h3r:>> h3r_Start : IPCCLIB_START_DATA* pStartData == NULL,  media_operational_mode=EmbeddedMedias
08/21/2015 17:33:47.338    288        1904                                      decoder.cpp:72        !     0 ! gc_h3r:Sharon - Decoder Send socket binding on IP=0x100007f : Port=51444
08/21/2015 17:33:47.338    288        1904                                      decoder.cpp:85        !     0 ! gc_h3r:Sharon - Listening on IP=0x7f000001 : Port=62664
08/21/2015 17:33:47.353    288        1904                                      virt_board.cpp:209    !     0 ! gc_h3r:NSControlData pool allocation complete size 0xff number 1.
08/21/2015 17:33:47.353    288        1904                                      sm.cpp:2492           !     0 ! gc_h3r: Allocation: Board 1 - Sharon = 1 , H323 = 1 , SIP = 1
08/21/2015 17:33:47.353    288        1904                                      sm.cpp:2499           !     0 ! gc_h3r: Allocation: CRNs = 1 , Extension buffers = 16
08/21/2015 17:33:47.353    288        1904 gc_h3r                  ERR1         sm.cpp:1198           !     0 ! << genDefaultSigalStartParams Setting Max Subscription to 0.
08/21/2015 17:33:47.353    288        1904                                      sm.cpp:419            !     0 ! gc_h3r:Initialization: H323 Board 0: transport address: DEFAULT_HOST_IPADDR:1720
08/21/2015 17:33:47.353    288        1904                                      sm.cpp:421            !     0 ! gc_h3r:Initialization: H323 Board 0: sup_serv_mask: 0x0, h323_msginfo_mask: 0x0.
08/21/2015 17:33:47.353    288        2344                                      decoder.cpp:62        !     0 ! gc_h3r:Board 1 - Listening on IP=0x7f000001 : Port=62665
08/21/2015 17:33:47.353    288        2344                                      encoder.cpp:50        !     0 ! gc_h3r:Board 1 - Sharon on IP=0x7f000001 : Port=62664
08/21/2015 17:33:47.353    288        2344                                      sigal_main.cpp:112    !     0 ! gc_h3r:Board 1 - Sigal H.323 Version 5,2,0,283
08/21/2015 17:33:47.353    288        2344                                      sigalmanager.cp:1038  !     0 ! gc_h3r:buildRvSystemConfig(), system.maxCalls = 8
08/21/2015 17:33:47.353    288        2344                                      sigalmanager.cp:1078  !     0 ! gc_h3r:buildRvSystemConfig(), system.maxChannels = 2
08/21/2015 17:33:47.353    288        2344                                      sigalmanager.cp:468   !     0 ! gc_h3r:Board 1 - RV H.323 Stack Version 4.2.1.25
08/21/2015 17:33:47.369    288        2344                                      sigalmanager.cp:1961  !     0 ! gc_h3r:Board 1 - Sigal H.323 Version 5,2,0,283.
08/21/2015 17:33:47.885    288        1904                                      sm.cpp:486            !     0 ! gc_h3r:Initialization: SIP Board 0: IPv4 transport address: DEFAULT_HOST_IPADDR:5060
08/21/2015 17:33:47.885    288        1904                                      sm.cpp:488            !     0 ! gc_h3r:Initialization: SIP Board 0: IPv6 transport address: DEFAULT_HOST_IPADDR:5060
08/21/2015 17:33:47.885    288        1904                                      sm.cpp:490            !     0 ! gc_h3r:Initialization: SIP Board 0: sip_msginfo_mask: 0x0, sup_serv_mask: 0x0, dynamic_outbound_proxy_enable: 0x0
08/21/2015 17:33:47.885    288        1552                                      sip_decoder.cpp:64    !     0 ! gc_h3r: Board 1 - Listening on IP=0x7f000001 : Port=62666
08/21/2015 17:33:47.885    288        1552                                      sip_encoder.cpp:164   !     0 ! gc_h3r:Board 1 - Sharon on IP=0x7f000001 : Port=62664
08/21/2015 17:33:47.900    288        1552                                      sip_sigalmanage:1295  !     0 ! gc_h3r:Board 1 - RV SIP Stack Version 6.5.0.14
08/21/2015 17:33:47.900    288        1552                                      sip_sigal_main.:127   !     0 ! gc_h3r:Board 1 - Sigal SIP Version 5,2,0,283
08/21/2015 17:33:48.416    288        1904                                      sm.cpp:320            !     0 ! gc_h3r:Monitor Init: H323 Board 0: transport address: 10.1.1.13
08/21/2015 17:33:48.416    288        1904                                      sm.cpp:356            !     0 ! gc_h3r:Monitor Init: SIP Board 0: transport address: 10.1.1.13
08/21/2015 17:33:48.416    288        2860                                      mon_decenc.cpp:57     !     0 ! gc_h3r:>> MonDecoder::ctor Listening on IP=0x7f000001 : Port=62667
08/21/2015 17:33:48.931    288        1904                                      sm.cpp:2552           !     0 ! gc_h3r: Sharon Version 5,2,0,283
08/21/2015 17:33:48.931    288        1904 gc_h3r                  ERR1         encoder.cpp:2350      !     0 ! Encoder::sendSysMsg : encodeCallForward failed:No Call Forward data in DB.
08/21/2015 17:33:48.931    288        1904 gc_h3r                  ERR1         board_device.cp:360   !     0 ! << CallForward [6], sendSysMsg(MsgType_CallForward) failed!
08/21/2015 17:33:49.025    288         800 Dm3Odi.dll              Error        Qcd [0:0:1:5:1] CDm3StdComp::Dm3GetErrorResult() -> (Std_MsgError) Message[0x12] Xid[0x6] Src[0:0:1:5:1] Dest[19:255:0:0:0] ErrorCode[0x6]
08/21/2015 17:33:49.025    288         800 libipm_ipvsc            ERR1         CIPVscChannel         ipmB1C1    ---  ::OnGetParm: ch=ipmB1C1 ErrorCode=0x6 -Invalid parameter number.
08/21/2015 17:34:06.119    288        1552 sip_stack               Error        00000610   ERROR  - CALL         - CallLegLock - Call 0x058981B8: CallLeg object was destructed

I did not hear the audio from the ipmediaserver call and yes the service was restarted after config was restored

Are there any firewalls between 10.10.7.X network and 10.10.1.X network that would prevent transmission of RTP ?

Lets concentrate on getting the IPMediaServer.exe demo program from Dialogic working. Can you run a WireShark capture but this time do not limit to port 5060, just type this in the WireShark's Filter text box (top left) :

sip || rtp

And provide the WireShark trace. We can then see if the RTP is being sent out by IPMediaServer.exe

Please make sure that VoiceGuide service is fully stopped before running IPMediaServer.exe

Before making this test please place the attached RtfConfigWin.xml file on your system (unzip first) :

Windows XP, server 2003 and Server 2008 32bit

1. Do the following to use the RTFConfigWin.xml attached.

Go to C:\Program Files\Dialogic\cfg

Backup existing RtfConfigWin.xml

Replace it with attached RtfConfigWin.xml (unzip it first) the xml file contains logging flags to enable specific logging details

2. Run the tool by issuing rtftool reload' after the modification - this will activate the new RtfConfigWin.xml file. Or restart Dialogic service, RtfConfigWin.xml will be read in on restart.

3. Try to reproduce the issue while RTF log is activated.

4. When the issue occurs, please immediately backup the log files

Log files are available in C:\Program Files\Dialogic\log (multiple files)

Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2

1. Do the following to use the RTFConfigWin.xml attached.

Go to C:\ProgramData\Dialogic\HMP\cfg

Backup existing RtfConfigWin.xml

Replace it with attached RtfConfigWin.xml (unzip it first) the xml file contains logging flags to enable specific logging details

2. Run the tool by issuing rtftool reload' after the modification - this will activate the new RtfConfigWin.xml file. Or restart Dialogic service, RtfConfigWin.xml will be read in on restart.

3. Try to reproduce the issue while RTF log is activated.

4. When the issue occurs, please immediately backup the log files

Log files are available in C:\Program Files (x86)\dialogic\log (multiple files)

RtfConfigWin.zip

I am unsure about the firewall between the machines so will let you know.

Here are logs for IPMediaServer, i have the wireshark trace as well in the zip.

ip.zip

Please do test again with the new RtfConfigWin file (see above).

Probably best is WireShark trace is posted unfiltered.

There is something wrong with the Dialogic 'media' device here. Was the Dialogic service restarted since the 'TCP' option was commented back out?

If Dialogic service was not restarted just prior to last test then that would be the next step to try.

Can you please do the following:

1. Stop VoiceGuide service (probably best to just uninstall VoiceGuide for now) and stop IPMediaServer.exe
  2. Confirm the Windows' Firewall is turned off.
  3. Stop and Start the Dialogic service from the DCM (Dialogic Configuration Manager)
  4. Open an 'Admin' level Command Prompt
  5. Start IPMediaServer.exe in that 'Admin' level Command Prompt
  6. Make a test all into system as before (can you make it form another machine on 10.10.1.X subnet? it looks like you are making calls from 192.168.1.69 and there is at least one router in the path)
  7. Collect and .ZIP up traces as before (Wireshark and RTF) and also a screenshot of the 'Admin' level Command Prompt that is running IPMediaServer.exe taken after the call ends.

Please find the attached image with a screenshot for each of your steps. I realized while writing this you wanted me to open cmd as admin first then run the ipmediaserver on that. Although my screenshots show me opening the demo directly, I have also tried opening as administrator and running it manually to yield the same results.

I have also included my logs.

HMPLogs 20150824.zip

In RTF log file "rtflog-LOCAL-20150823-02h26m46.148s" :

HMP is pick up the following IP Addresses from the system: 169.254.60.124,10.10.1.31,127.0.0.1

Packet no 164 in wireshark You can see HMP's reply there.

HMP replies from 10.0.1.31

However if you go further down, under the SDP content, you'll find that in it HMP identify itself as 169.254.60.124

Because HMP pick up that IP Address as the 1st IP Address from the system, it ask the remote side to send the RTP there, and most likely also send the RTP from that IP Address which would not go anywhere.

Can you please advise what this 169.254.60.124 IP Address?

How many interfaces does the server have?

Please disable all other network interfaces apart from the one that has the 124,10.10.1.31 and is used for SIP messaging.

HMP should use the '1st' network interface on system - so it is just best to ensure that only one network interface is enabled in Windows, to ensure that there are no interface related mix-ups.

To offer an update, disabling the other interface did the trick.

However, since our phone system is in its own network, we need the two interfaces so one can connect to our other network to be able to run SQL queries. How can I enable the other interface while keeping HMP and VoiceGuide functional?

If the VoIP communications are using the 'first' interface then it should work. Sounds like all that should be required is to swap the network cables around(?)