VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Transfer Calls Using Avaya

Dear Sir,

I have AVAYA system its connecting with IVR using Voiceguide but I am not able to transfer the calles.

What to do to transfer the calls??

post-14784-0-16417700-1428849568_thumb.png

How is the VoiceGuide system connected to the AVAYA PBX? Using VoIP or T1/E1 ISDN or using Analog extensions?

Can you advise what model of AVAYA PBX is used?

Do you know what is the hookflash time required on your system?

VoiceGuide by default uses a 200ms hookflash - and this should work on most systems, but may need to be adjusted in some cases.

The hookflash time is set in VoiceGuide's Config.xml file, in setting DXBD_FLASHTM

After changing that entry in Config.xml the VoiceGuide service needs to be restarted so that the new DXBD_FLASHTM setting is read in.

Setting DXBD_FLASHTM to a value of 10 would result in hookflash length being 100ms. If you do not know what hookflash length your Avaya requires then we recommend trying using 100ms.

You may also need to confirm that the card that you are using in the IP Office 500 V2 supports hookflash transfers. If it does not then you may need to use a 2-line 'Dial-and-Conference' (trombone) type transfer.

Perhaps the PBX is set up in such a way that the person receiving the transfer must answer the call before the transferring party (VoiceGuide) can hang up.

Can you see whether you can change the setting on Avaya PBX to allow it to accept and continue with a 'blind' transfer - where VoiceGuide can hang up immediately after dialing the destination extension.

Otherwise you may need to use the "monitored" or "announced' versions of the hookflash transfer (or the 'Dial and Conference' trasnfer).

Thanks...

Now its working with me :)

I used:

"PBX Hookflash Transfer - Monitored "

Also I changed Config.xml file for parameter (DXBD_FLASHTM) to 50

OK, thanks for letting us know that it is working now.

BTW. setting DXBD_FLASHTM to 50 means that VoiceGuide/Dialogic are now using a hookflash length of 500ms (half a second), which is an uncommonly long hookflash time. That setting may be near the upper end of the range of hookflash lengths that the PBX is accepting. If you have the time would suggest trying using 300ms and 400ms as well as other values, and use a value that falls somewhere near the middle of the working range.