VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

My Ms Access Database Won't Connect

Hi,

I am running the trial version of VoiceGuide but I am having problems with the Database Module. I try to connect to the database using MS Access but it never responds. I have tried the request line in the help but it never works. I need someone that has used the Database Module with MS Access to please give me some tips and send me his request line. I also tried using the ODBC to access the same MS Access database and it wasn't successful.

Operating system: Windows 2000 Professional.

Voice Guide Version: Version 4.8.45

Any help along this line will be appreciated. Thanks.

Femi.

Could you please post the script that you are using, and also could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the database query attempt, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

Hi,

Thanks for the lead you gave me. I checked the trace logs and found that I was specifying the wrong variable type in my query. I corrected the error and the MS Access database query works well, also when using ODBC, it works very well.

Thanks, and how do I become a registered member of the forum. Is it when I have registered the product that I can become a registered member of the support forum.

Bye.

You can register yourself as a member of the forum anytime - see the 'Register' option at top left of page...

The main advantage of registration is that you can have posts to threads you select emailed you immediately...