VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Odbc Connection

I'm trying to create a script where I can query a Visual Foxpro table with an ODBC Connection and the Query Database function. I emailed support and they suggested I post with a sample of the table zipped up.

This is the copy of the email I sent them.

ODBC question.

I have a client that has a Visual Foxpro Database. I’ve created an odbc connection and am trying to run a “Query Database” on it to test retrieving data. I’m not sure what should go in the three fields. The odbc name is “Check”. It is a table that has 3 fields, they are check,amount,iussed. In other words check number, amount and issue date. I wanted to do a very basic Sql query and say the amount. So I’m guessing I could say “Select check, amount,issued from check where check=’1’. It fails every time. I’m guessing because I didn’t put anything in the two previous fields. I’m not sure what goes in the fields ADO.NET or Connection string. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CHECK.ZIP

Could you also please post VoiceGuide's vgEngine trace file which captures the call during which the connection to this database was attempted.

vgEngine trace files are created in VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the vgEngine tracefiles. They will be named something like this:

1212_vgEngine.txt, 1213_vgEngine.txt, etc.

The vgEngoine trace files will be in same directory as the CallEvents trace file which you posted before.

Did you use the 32-bit "ODBC Data Source Administrator" to create the ODBC connection?

From: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/moddbquery.htm :

NOTE: on 64 bit systems the 32-bit "ODBC Data Source Administrator" must be used to create the data source. The 32 bit "ODBC Data Source Administrator" can be found at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

did you test the connection from within the "ODBC Data Source Administrator" ?

Hi I did use the 32-bit ODBC Data Source Administrator. However there isn't a test function option on the Visual FoxPro ODBC connection like on others. I'm not sure why. I've attached the vgEngine.txt file from a test I just did.

1214_0903_vgEngine.txt

vgEngine shows error is:

ERROR [iM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Are you able to try ODBC connection string using the driver name instead of just DSN ?

eg. Please see https://www.connectionstrings.com/visual-foxpro/ :

Driver={Microsoft Visual FoxPro Driver};SourceType=DBF;SourceDB=c:\myvfpdbfolder;
Exclusive=No;Collate=Machine;NULL=NO;DELETED=YES;BACKGROUNDFETCH=NO;