VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Installing Voiceguide 7 On Hmp

Micheal wrote:

I'm trying to evaluate VoiceGuide v7. What I want to generate is a simple IVR program to auto dial out certain numbers (feed via a DB say) and then to process their responses. From reading online it looks to me like voiceguide will suit my needs perfectly but I am having some setup issues.

I've installed the Intel HMP 3.0 drivers. When I try to start the 'Intel® Dialogic® product System Service'

from the windows services though it won't start. Does this mean I cannot proceed with using voiceguide ?

Assuming I can still proceed I setup the config.xml as directed: eg

<VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Registration>

<Display>VoipCheap</Display>

<Protocol>SIP</Protocol>

<RegServer>sip.VoipCheap.com</RegServer>

<RegClient>myusername@sip.VoipCheap.com</RegClient>

<LocalAlias> myusername@127.0.0.1</LocalAlias> </VoIP_Registration> </VoIP_Registrations> <VoIP_Authentications> <VoIP_Authentication>

<Display>VoipCheap</Display>

<Domain>sip.VoipCheap.com</Domain>

<Username>sip:myusername@sip.VoipCheap.com</Username>

<AuthUsername>myusername</AuthUsername>

<AuthPassword>mypassword</AuthPassword>

</VoIP_Authentication>

</VoIP_Authentications>

and then I try to get a call setup using the following xml which I drop into the data directory :

<OutDialEntry>

<PhoneNumber>003531473712@sip.VoipCheap.com</PhoneNumber>

<ActivateTime>2007-12-15 15:50:00</ActivateTime>

<OnAnswerLive>C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\MakeCallAndPassParams\MakeCallOriginator.vgs</OnAnswerLive>

<OnAnswerMachine>C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\MakeCallAndPassParams\MakeCallOriginator.vgs</OnAnswerMachine>

</OutDialEntry>

It gets picked up and is registered in the DB but no call is ever made ?

Please find attached the logs...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

logs15Dec07.zip

We can see in the ktTel trace that the HMP service could not be started:

151329.890 3552 Timed out trying to start the Dialogic system service. Please contact your System Administrator

You will need to get the HMP working before being able to use VoiceGuide.

Have you tried applying the 4 line HMP evaluation license yet? This needs to be applied before HMP can be used.

You can use the Dialogic's Configuration Manager to stop/start the service.

The Window's Event Manager should hold some events which would indicate why the Dialogic HMP service could not be started.

We can see in the ktTel trace that the HMP service could not be started:

151329.890 3552 Timed out trying to start the Dialogic system service. Please contact your System Administrator

You will need to get the HMP working before being able to use VoiceGuide.

Have you tried applying the 4 line HMP evaluation license yet? This needs to be applied before HMP can be used.

You can use the Dialogic's Configuration Manager to stop/start the service.

The Window's Event Manager should hold some events which would indicate why the Dialogic HMP service could not be started.

Hi,

Okay thanks for the info. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the HMP drivers and now it is starting up okay.

I did the same with VG and in the logs it looks like it has started up okay as well.

But I still don't seem to be able to make VG dial out?

I place the xml file in the data directory, it gets picked up but nothing happens after this ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, please find attached the logs and config xml as well as

the outdial xml.

Regards,

M

logs_and_config.zip

Traces show that HMP still returns errors when VoiceGuide tries to open the lines:

183644.437 5 LineOpen iptB1T1,dxxxB1C1,ipmB1C1 => [ERROR gc_OpenEx : gcValue=22(0x16), gcMsg=[Error opening voice channel], ccLibId=0, ccLibName=[GLOBALCALL], ccValue=0x16, ccMsg=[Error opening voice channel], additionalInfo=[]]

183644.437 5 LineOpen iptB1T2,dxxxB1C2,ipmB1C2 => [ERROR gc_OpenEx : gcValue=22(0x16), gcMsg=[Error opening voice channel], ccLibId=0, ccLibName=[GLOBALCALL], ccValue=0x16, ccMsg=[Error opening voice channel], additionalInfo=[]]

183644.437 5 LineOpen iptB1T3,dxxxB1C3,ipmB1C3 => [ERROR gc_OpenEx : gcValue=22(0x16), gcMsg=[Error opening voice channel], ccLibId=0, ccLibName=[GLOBALCALL], ccValue=0x16, ccMsg=[Error opening voice channel], additionalInfo=[]]

183644.453 5 LineOpen iptB1T4,dxxxB1C4,ipmB1C4 => [ERROR gc_OpenEx : gcValue=22(0x16), gcMsg=[Error opening voice channel], ccLibId=0, ccLibName=[GLOBALCALL], ccValue=0x16, ccMsg=[Error opening voice channel], additionalInfo=[]]

Traces show that HMP still returns errors when VoiceGuide tries to open the lines:

183644.437 5 LineOpen iptB1T1,dxxxB1C1,ipmB1C1 => [ERROR gc_OpenEx : gcValue=22(0x16), gcMsg=[Error opening voice channel], ccLibId=0, ccLibName=[GLOBALCALL], ccValue=0x16, ccMsg=[Error opening voice channel], additionalInfo=[]]

183644.437 5 LineOpen iptB1T2,dxxxB1C2,ipmB1C2 => [ERROR gc_OpenEx : gcValue=22(0x16), gcMsg=[Error opening voice channel], ccLibId=0, ccLibName=[GLOBALCALL], ccValue=0x16, ccMsg=[Error opening voice channel], additionalInfo=[]]

183644.437 5 LineOpen iptB1T3,dxxxB1C3,ipmB1C3 => [ERROR gc_OpenEx : gcValue=22(0x16), gcMsg=[Error opening voice channel], ccLibId=0, ccLibName=[GLOBALCALL], ccValue=0x16, ccMsg=[Error opening voice channel], additionalInfo=[]]

183644.453 5 LineOpen iptB1T4,dxxxB1C4,ipmB1C4 => [ERROR gc_OpenEx : gcValue=22(0x16), gcMsg=[Error opening voice channel], ccLibId=0, ccLibName=[GLOBALCALL], ccValue=0x16, ccMsg=[Error opening voice channel], additionalInfo=[]]

Thanks for replying. I guess this might be because I didn't change the licence for HMP, it started okay with the verification (default) one but when I download

the trial evaluation licence (4r4v4e4c4s4f4i4m_host_eva.lic) it won't start. I get the following error 'Error Starting Dialogic® product service'.

Any ideas why this might be. I actually uninstalled and reinstalled the latest hmp3.0SU170 version.

Granted, when installing I did get the following error message related to the APIC timer...

'The Local APIC timer is incompatible with this release. the setup program will now disable the Daialogic® HMP APIC Driver'

Is this why it won't start on my system, or do I need to try a different licence ?

I did read something about the APIC error and it mentioned that it shouldn't affect if only using one line ?

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.

I get the following error 'Error Starting Dialogic® product service'.

when installing I did get the following error message related to the APIC timer...

'The Local APIC timer is incompatible with this release. the setup program will now disable the Daialogic® HMP APIC Driver'

What CPU and motherboard is used on this system?

Do you have other machines that you can try installing on instead?

I get the following error 'Error Starting Dialogic® product service'.

when installing I did get the following error message related to the APIC timer...

What CPU and motherboard is used on this system?

Do you have other machines that you can try installing on instead?

Okay I've tried this out on another PC. A desktop this time and it installed fine. So, HMP is installed and running ok

with the evulation demo licence. Voiceguide starts up fine, I set it up to make a call but it's doesn't succeed in making the call.

It does show up in the Line Status Manager that it's trying to dial the number but then nothing happens.

Please find attached the logs, any ideas why this might be the case ? Many thanks in advance.

Micheal

sentToVG291207.zip

Can you please try dialing:

00353876293009@194.221.62.198

instead of

00353876293009@sip.VoipCheap.com

(194.221.62.198 is the IP address that sip.VoipCheap.com resolves to).

If you are still having problems when using the IP address could you make a WireShark trace capture of the startup/registration and the outgoing call?

instead of

If you are still having problems when using the IP address could you make a WireShark trace capture of the startup/registration and the outgoing call?

I tried using the IP address as you suggested but still the same.

Please find attached a wireshark trace capture of startup and two outgoing call requests.

instead of

Please find attached a wireshark trace capture of startup and two outgoing call requests.

I just noticed the upload didn't work. I can't upload the .pcap wireshark .pcap trace file for some reason.

Whats the best way to get this info uploaded ?

instead of

I just noticed the upload didn't work. I can't upload the .pcap wireshark .pcap trace file for some reason.

Whats the best way to get this info uploaded ?

Please find attached the .pcap sharkwire file within the zip file

Script_30122007.zip

Attached trace does not contain any SIP messages.

Neither the VoIP registration or any calls are visible.

Attached trace does not contain any SIP messages.

Neither the VoIP registration or any calls are visible.

How can I get that info to be included in the wireshark traces ? I've never used wireshark before and so literally

installed it, selected the netywork card interface from the options menu and then start the capture, after which

I started the HMP services, followed by Voiceguide and then setup the two calls. Is there something else I need to do ?

Thanks in advance

That should work. Perhaps you should also post the VoiceGuide traces, perhaps there are still problems on the HMP level which prevent the calls from being even attempted by the HMP and that is why you are not seeing anything in the network traces.

Also, typing:

sip

in the WireSharks "Filter" text box will allow you to see only the SIP messages. You will then be able to easily confirm that the SIP messages are being sent when the calls are loaded into VoiceGuide.

Usually we'd recommend getting the inbound "Direct IP" (ie. direct to IP address) calls working first. That's the easiest way to confirm the system is working and you would see the incoming SIP messages in the trace.

That should work. Perhaps you should also post the VoiceGuide traces, perhaps there are still problems on the HMP level which prevent the calls from being even attempted by the HMP and that is why you are not seeing anything in the network traces.

Also, typing:

sip

in the WireSharks "Filter" text box will allow you to see only the SIP messages. You will then be able to easily confirm that the SIP messages are being sent when the calls are loaded into VoiceGuide.

Usually we'd recommend getting the inbound "Direct IP" (ie. direct to IP address) calls working first. That's the easiest way to confirm the system is working and you would see the incoming SIP messages in the trace.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried this again from the start and still get the same result. There is no sip activity showing on the wireshark traces. To test the inbound directIP is it just a matter of dialling the IP address of the machine running VG from the softphone ? I tried this from my laptop but again no sip activity ? Perhaps as you say there may be something up still with the HMP.

Please find attached the VG logs, Wireshark logs, DialOut xml file and the config.xml. Again, any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

LogsWireSharkConfig_06012008.zip

To test the inbound directIP is it just a matter of dialling the IP address of the machine running VG from the softphone ?

Yes. If the softphone is on another machine then at the very least you should see the SIP "INVITE" message being received by your system. If the incoming SIP "INVITE" messages are not showing up in the WireShark trace then maybe you have some firewalls in place which are blocking SIP communications.

The Local APIC timer is incompatible with this release. the setup program will now disable the Daialogic® HMP APIC Driver

Is there any way to get rid of this error?

Is there any way to get rid of this error?

No. You will need to try installing HMP on another computer.

Unfortunately can't do that, do you know about any other VoIP software that VG7 can run over?

Hello guys, I installed the HMP and VG trial versions on a thinkpad g41. All started correctly but it causes some kind of conflict with the keyboard and sometimes, with the mouse. It seems like interruption problems.

Have you seen this kind of behavior?

No, we have not seen this before. We would recommend for you to try installing HMP on a more standard hardware platform.