VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Getting Voiceguide/dialogic To Hang Up

Hi

I've noticed with my Voiceguide IVR service that the hangup module does not seem to hang up the caller.

If the caller hangs up themselves, Voiceguide/dialogic D4pci card detect the hangup fine. However, when the hangup is initiated at our end, the user does not get the busy signal, and stays connected to the line.

I am guessing there must be some setting in voiceguide or the dialogic software to make a proper hangup occur.

Our lines are on the Telstra (Australia) network.

Thank you.

Adam

I'm pretty sure that on some exchanges Telstra does not send the busy signal to the original caller when the remote side hangs up - so what the caller is hearing has more to do with the way your lines are set up rather then VG....

Try plugging the line that is plugged into the VG into a normal phone handset, and see what happens when you then hang up that handset...

There have been no other reports of any problems with the Hangup module.

I notice all IVR services similar to ours hang up when you press the specified hangup menu option, yet we can't seem to get ours to hang the caller up and give them a busy signal.

Is this something we can contact Telstra to have set up for us?

Adam

You can do 'instant hangups' when you use Digital lines (E1 or T1 lines), bit not if youa re using Analog lines (which I assume that you are using).

You will require a Dialogic D/300JCT card to use with an E1 line.

(You can email sales@voiceguide.com to get pricing on the card).

You can ask your TelCo to provide "Cut-Off on Disconnect" to your lines. It's an option that can be added (usually at no cost).

Hello Adam, I have the same problem.

A can see here that thread.

Did you find a way to solve that problem?

Thank you.

Fidencio Monroy.